Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
There are a lot of games out there which are utterly fantastic, but if history, and George Lucas, has taught us anything, it's that even minor changes can make great things terrible.

So the question is, what changes would it take to make a great game a lovely one? Show us via photoshop!

NES Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

Edit: Damnit I suck. Could the tag be changed to photoshop please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice
That's pretty good! I don't have the skills myself, but I really like your idea.

SmartDrv
Aug 24, 2010
Ignore...didn't notice the LJN logo on the original post which was the punchline of my poor photochop.

Illegibly Eligible
Jul 21, 2009
I've trolled Continuum/Subspace for a decade and a half with the sole intent of ruining the experience for other people. Mission Accomplished.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
I'm not knocking it, but if your Hitchhiker's Guide title screen were on the NES it would look far, far different. One limitation would be that the NES didn't have a true yellow:

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Games/Hacking/Wiki/index.php?title=NES_Palette

The closest you would get is a pale orange, which I believe was used more often than not. Not to mention that the NES's color palette was completely pre-determined with 56 out of its 64 colors not being black, and only 25 colors could ever appear displayed at once. If anyone wants to see more technical info on what the limitations for NES graphics are, check out: http://nesdev.com/nesgfx.txt

I see 8-bit-style images all the time, but it would be neat to see some that emulate the restrictions of the NES as well.

Enigmatica
May 22, 2007

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Experto Crede posted:

Edit: Damnit I suck. Could the tag be changed to photoshop please?

I think it works better the way it is :v:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Are you kidding me? This would have been hilarious!

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i dunno man that game looks like it's pretty fun.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You have to replenish the smoke meter by continually taking cigarette breaks every ten minutes. In game and real life.

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
What is the Smoke Meter from?

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

I...I can't unhear it in my head! :gonk:

Dieting Hippo posted:

I'm not knocking it, but if your Hitchhiker's Guide title screen were on the NES it would look far, far different. One limitation would be that the NES didn't have a true yellow:

The closest you would get is a pale orange, which I believe was used more often than not. Not to mention that the NES's color palette was completely pre-determined with 56 out of its 64 colors not being black, and only 25 colors could ever appear displayed at once. If anyone wants to see more technical info on what the limitations for NES graphics are, check out: http://nesdev.com/nesgfx.txt

I see 8-bit-style images all the time, but it would be neat to see some that emulate the restrictions of the NES as well.

Oh, go on then...

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

I dig the TGT avatar on that friend request.

Convicted Bibliophile
Dec 2, 2004

I am the night.

And yet he's still losing!

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.
Just to get this out of the way ...

Scurrilous
Sep 2, 2006
evolutionary throwback
Why would you do that to my Star Control, Burning Mustache? Why!?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

:gonk:

Basil Brush
Jul 21, 2008

boom boom
Everyone likes crossovers, right?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

:qqsay:

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I'm really curious what Lightning would look like in super-blocky Final Fantasy VII 3D graphics.

INTERACTIVE CD-ROM
Nov 18, 2005

Love?

Bog Chef
Apr 20, 2004

make me a pizza with toileto toppings

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Would have preferred her as a protagonist for sure.

Tramii
Jun 22, 2005

He's a hawk. A hawk. Can't you tell just by looking at him?

Enigmatica
May 22, 2007

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Dieting Hippo posted:

It does if your NES is RGB modded :smug:

OP it's pathetic I noticed the Game Genie menu in your screen shot; awesome job though :)

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Burning Mustache posted:

Just to get this out of the way ...

Subtle.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Terminal Philosphy
Jan 23, 2009

I had a hard enough time with the step shapes. If I seen something like that drop I'd just kill myself outright.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

5 billion health
Apr 28, 2008
^^^^^^^^^ Memories ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Swing
Miss
Miss
Miss
Miss
Miss
Miss
Hit
GAME OVER

E: Played shortly into my first run, rerolled as 'Nerevar' because it was in a book and thought it was cool. Actually beat the game through and through believing it was a tailored to me adventure. I was convinced I sat on the precipice of the future of gaming.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

5 billion health posted:

E: Played shortly into my first run, rerolled as 'Nerevar' because it was in a book and thought it was cool. Actually beat the game through and through believing it was a tailored to me adventure. I was convinced I sat on the precipice of the future of gaming.

That's a pretty good one. Think of the possibilities with crude custom names...

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)

I don't get it :(

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord

This is great

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

RUN AWAY FROM HIM!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Love it. Don't get the Mass Effect one either...

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Noreaus posted:

I don't get it :(

Look at the game companies on the box

edit: poo poo, nevermind