Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The battleguns wasteland server has been giving me playable performance, you also start with a rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

I'm playing around with the editor with my goal being to create a Pararescue type mission with UH-60's.

Is there anyway to insert burning wreckage of some kind, or is this done through coding?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Another vote for mumble.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of goons use mumble exclusively, for most of the mp games on here. I suggest we try to get a sub channel on one of the planetside 2 servers (bfgoons or psgoons) as a lot of us are on there too.

If you want more goons to play this mumble is a good idea.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

misterdoo01 posted:

So picked this up after watching a bunch of gameplay and seeing some of the modding potential. Looks great and runs alright, but now I'm wondering what I should do first. I've never actually played ARMA before.

Play the showcases, start up the editor and spawn some guns and vehicles to get familiar with the map and mechanics. After that, jump in IRC if you have it to link up with some guys to play some shooty mans.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

8-Bit Dracula posted:

I CTD (Arma has stopped working pop-up) whenever I try to join a multiplayer map. I've tried joining a Wasteland server and starting a DZSandbox LAN to play by myself. CTD every time, after showing the map and briefing. Single player works however.

Any ideas how to get it working?

Try putting -nobenchmark -winxp in the steam launch options.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Orv posted:

Ran into my first hacker a minute ago. Spawned 20 GMG Hunters on a a hill I was watching and shelled the spawn point.

Yeah they're out there.. can't wait till the dedicated server software to come out. The last few nights we've had way too many people wanting to play for our shite connections.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Can we create a scneario creating thread? Does one exist? I can't for the life of me get respawns to work. I created the folder and description.ext but now when I go to create my server there are two multiplayer scenario's with the same name. One which is the scenario I created wtihout respawns, and the other says it has the respawn settinngs I want but loads nothing.

Jump in IRC and we can try to help you out.

You have to set a marker with the name "respawn_west" in your mission, that's the respawn point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

MrOnBicycle posted:

My ArmA 2 never crashed. :(

it's in alpha