Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
So angry.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Onepunch-Man---027--?id=160590

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Please see Mahouka or SAO for current actual examples of Mary Sue.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
This thread is basically your friend who has already seen the movie and is sitting next to you saying OH MAN THIS PART COMING UP IS SO GOOD for the entire 2 hour runtime.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I hope we get to see more Tatsumaki simply because she and Saitama are cut from the same cloth. The cloth of being super powerful and also poorly drawn most of the time.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Guy A. Person posted:

oh my gosh Genos's smug face when he realized she was targetting Saitama for hazing was hilarious

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

T.G. Xarbala posted:

If there were any studio capable of channeling Murata channeling ONE on a budget, they're it.

As long as they don't get lazy like the last half of KLK sure.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Of course not, he wasn't even sure if he could jump back to Earth from the moon.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Id - The Greatest Fusion Fantasy

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
After watching Hunter x Hunter 2011 I feel pretty safe if Madhouse is involved.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

DrManiac posted:

Is HxH actually good or is it a Naruto where you should only care if you started reading in middle school?

HxH is really good especially in the new anime because you get all of it at once instead of like spaced out by years. Togashi is hyper aware of shounen tropes and expectations, considering he pioneered a lot of them, and when you watch it all in one go you can see how he plays with your expectations and things don't turn out the way you expect them to.

Alternatively, imagine the world taking a dump on the main character, forever.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
He's got a really quick pace going right now... April 2nd? Maybe it's because these chapters are really simple so far.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Fubuki is the younger sister. Yes, that's the joke.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Wait, if I'm reading those action panels right. Did Handsome Mask just break that guy's knees then one inch punch his head into paste? Yikes.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I stopped reading the ONE version because you don't get the visual humour of insanely detailed scenes with ONE-style Saitama face.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Crain posted:

That was my favorite part. Of course a dude as strong as Saitama would bust up a game controller. I'd love it if there were a side joke about super reinforced everyday objects for super strong people to buy so they don't break their stuff daily.

For some reason I'm reminded of the one Power Girl comic I read which had a joke about how she has a cardboard box next to her front door full of broken door handles.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You are jumping the gun but it is a pretty good doujin.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Dude I loved Dust Man. That's some crazy blast from the past.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Parrotine posted:

That's.......actually a little embarrassing to be honest.

ONE isn't even half the artist Murata is, so it shouldn't take him anywhere near as much time to draft up a story arc compared to Murata.

I know that One Mob Psycho (?) is his baby and all, but he's gonna have to start stepping up his quota now that he has a television show and Murata's version hot on his heels.

Can't be lazy with your series anymore ONE, you got responsibilities now!

ONE is Japan's GRRM.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
So what you're saying is that everyone in OPM is an Ork.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah uh there's nothing really redeemable about Sonic.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Zzulu posted:

Speed of Sound Sonic (lol) has only killed a few people that we've seen and it was in combat. It's not too late for him to become a part of the team

Vegeta in Dragonball Z killed entire planets and became the backbone of the team so its not like it's some unprecedented thing :allears:

There was that time he blew up a city block with shurikens and almost killed a whole bunch of civvies to try and get Saitama to fight him though.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

HenryEx posted:

I'm impressed by Garou's non-euclidean post-it wall.

Or maybe he has Watchdog listed twice 'cause he's that much of a threat.

Now that someone pointed this out, Murata is going to redraw this page for the next four weeks and it'll get even more elaborate and detailed with each pass.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I, for one, am excited for our sexy mosquito lady overlord

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Man I wish my blood tasted like farts and poop to mosquitoes. Life would be so much easier.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

The intro to that episode was a flashback to when they were all kids and the TV broadcast had the entire sequence in really cheap 3D with cell shading.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Torquemadras posted:

Wait wait wait

Fubuki, who's pretty much an average human regarding physical strength, has a 19

King is so weak that Child Emperor's gadget does not even register him

=

WHAT THE HELL KING, YOU'RE MORE THAN 19 TIMES WEAKER THAN AN AVERAGE HUMAN BEING (but in our hearts you're the strongest there is)

Goddammit. The story goes out of its way to demonstrate that power levels mean NOTHING in this series, not just because of Saitama's existence, and here I am going :psyduck: about the whole thing.
It's true, power levels ruin everything

There's another manga adapted by this studio that goes out of its way to assign formal and informal power levels to people and then proceeds to ignore them because experience will almost always find a way against new talent. Also one guy's technique is to be a power level accountant and he uses the power of compounding interest to defeat his enemies. (it's Hunter X Hunter)

Eej fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 26, 2015

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Say Nothing posted:

Bat's sister looks like Biscuit from Hunter X Hunter.

I can only wish she turned out to be Biske.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

chaos rhames posted:

Was she bald before? I respect that commitment to anime.

bonus

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It is natural for a new sequel to have new characters and for promo art to showcase those new characters whether or not they become iconic or not

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

MonsterEnvy posted:

To elaborate Mallah and Grodd disagreed on a matter and got into a fight after Grodd made fun of Mallah for being a science experiment while he was a natural born super smart gorilla. Brain tried to break up the fight when Grodd started winning. Grodd said no and took Brain in his canister and beat Mallah to death with him, breaking the canister killing Brain as well. Grodd ate Brain later.

I always wondered why DC likes to randomly swing extra violent for no reason during Big Events. I remember Superboy Prime gettin' mad at Teen Titans and "accidentally" punching someone in the face so hard that his head tore off and went flying.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's from Good Smile Company's Figma line, which are the best bang for your buck posable figures you can get.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
She showed up enough to pop boners i guess

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's actually way easier to link to the original Instagram video in question because then you can find out that the original poster is a Japanese chef in an Italian restaurant who can make you anime faces in pancakes on request.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RareAcumen posted:

And easier than that is just clicking the link to find a video of what I linked embedded in the post.

But yeah, ADTRW, more scared of alien vaginas than Will Smith.

I like giving the ~original content creator~ the traffic as opposed to some random tumblr relinking stuff

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That's unfair to King; Saitama is the one who goes out of his way to hang out at his place (because video games)

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Schwarzwald posted:

Imagine FF8 (bear with me on this) but instead of a chrome lion phone charm dangling from Squall's gunsword it's that.

Ultimecia would be impossible to beat in this version

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ironically the next magna that guy wrote was Claymore, a story of little pretty girls who fight monsters and are actually monsters at heart.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Right. Because cosplay is all about what body type you are.

Next thing you know you gotta cosplay to your skin tone

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Last Celebration posted:

That might just be a hella cliched attack sequence (because it owns).

I mean where do you think the cliché came from!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Interesting perhaps you may consider posting in the web comic thread about your thoughts.