Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Crain posted:

I feel like we should just get an emote for that joke now.

Someone makes it every other page.

Well, yeah. We have to keep revising the joke until it's perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

The prophecy is about the end of the manga where Saitama goes evil and it's up to King and Genos to stop him!!!! :twisted:

He goes SO EVIL that he uses coupons after their expiration date.

...And that's pretty much it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

drilldo squirt posted:

Uh, that's not how physics works, idiot.

Fighting spirit.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

drilldo squirt posted:

Mr. Satan obviously.

Mr. Satan is just the world's greatest martial artist. King is the most powerful man in the world.

Therefore, Mr. Satan could easily beat Bang, but he would lose to King, because King never has to use martial arts, instead relying on his absurd raw power. Q.E.D.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Mr. Satan has megaton punch. King is too cocky about being the strongest man that he wouldn't turn on the King Engine until he was already dead.

The King Engine revs up whenever there's a challenge. And fighting the world's greatest martial artist to the death? The King Engine would be roaring.

Even Mr. Satan would respect the King Engine.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, I don't know why we didn't get the panel where they kiss either.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Dreggon posted:

is that funny as well

Yes.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Mob Psycho 100 has the best character in the whole ONE universe, Reigen Arataka, and is worth witnessing for him alone (and all the other good poo poo about Mob Psycho 100.)

He combines the raw power of King with the wisdom and deep emotional insights of Caped Baldy.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Davinci posted:

Actually this arc is good and the stuff happening in it is cool

The arc isn't bad, but the pacing doesn't match with the release schedule well. When it's all out, it should read fine, but right now... less fun.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

This was a Good (part of a) Chapter.

Nice to have something that felt like things actually happened again.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Moltrey posted:

My only problem with One Punch Man is that there just isn't enough of Genos being strong and hot, but this chapter is a strong step forward. Really happy to see Genos being more cautious, as was his problem with Mosquito Girl and Carnage Kabuto. After seeing Genos get clowned on for the past couple arc, good to see he is very much deserving of that S Class. The Yamcha of OPM, he ain't (i still love yamcha)

I thought it was fairly clear Genos is more the Krillin than the Yamcha. Actually decent at fighting, but always thrown into situations where he looks like the world's biggest chump.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

muike posted:

I hope Genos' character growth is realizing that Saitama is a gigantic doofus and stops calling him sensei but just bein buddies

Saitama can be a gigantic doofus and a wise mentor. They aren't mutually exclusive.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Japanese movies are bad

Counterargument: Seven Samurai.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Why would you make a figurine of some lost child?

Pure sassiness.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Licenseless Rider and Bang are like the only two people in this universe who aren't jerks on some level, and even Bang will be cruel to be kind.

Zombieman can get stabbed through the chest for no reason, and his response on getting up is basically "Eh. Happens."

Dude's pretty non-jerk, at least by S class standards.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If when you don't acknowledge her as best girl she grows in strength and defeats powerful villains then maybe there is merit to not calling her the best.

Well, it was Saitama not calling her best that inspired her. Saitama is second only to the star of the psychic world, Reigen Arataka, in mentoring ability. Other people insulting her will not achieve the same results.

(It's lucky for this villain she's only facing Fubuki. Reigen's powers are far too great for such a villain to comprehend.)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

JuniperCake posted:

Mumen Rider too. Some of the heroes do get it.

Mumen Rider's interesting since, while he's Saitama's friend... he's not really drawn into Saitama's orbit like the other people who get it. Like, Fubuki and Genos and King (and even Bang), they go well out of their way to spend time with Saitama. He's an important part of their understanding of the world.

Meanwhile, the BICYCLIST FOR JUSTICE knows Saitama is the realest of real deals, but it doesn't change his life much. Sure, they hang out when they both have some time, but mostly he's got C-class duties, and Saitama's doing whatever he's doing, and you know. Keeps them both busy beyond maybe meeting for a bite to eat sometime.

Mumen Rider is pretty much immune to Hero Organization power jockeying. It's kind of impressive.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Common Rider is the best waifu and if you don't have a body pillow of him then you don't deserve this manga.

He's in a committed relationship with justice, and I would never disrupt such a happy couple.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

wet your whistlers mother posted:

Tornado is the best because she is such an abhorrent little poo poo

She's a poo poo, but she's also pretty far from the shittiest in the hero association. She takes her job seriously, and she does it well.

What Mumen Rider does for purse snatching and petty crimes, she does for giant monster attacks. That is to say, if you look liable to cause the apocalypse and you've been lucky enough to duck Saitama, you're likely to meet her. And then you will die horribly.

Basically, she's a horrible person with a bad attitude who isn't exactly winning a "sister of the year" award, but as far as Heroes go (That is, members of the hero association)?

She's a godsend. It's a pretty important narrative niche, and she performs it quite well.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

I've been thinking about it for a while now and, unless I'm forgetting something, I think this is how the current power structure stands (minus God because anything of that level hasn't appeared):

C-class < Wolf < B-class < Tiger < A-class < Demon < S-class < Dragon < Saitama

Agree or disagree?

Metal Bat and Tats are both capable of taking down Dragon class threats. Tatsumaki does it casually, even.

And, of course, all pale in comparison to the mighty power of the KING ENGINE.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RatHat posted:

I think I remember ONE saying that Mob at full power is about the same as Tatsumaki?

Mob up to 100?

He loses to the Sassy Lost Child.

???

Anyone's game.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Drink Top posted:

Tatsumaki is a good hero. She said what I was thinking, I figured Flashy Flash could've ended that sooner. I imagine it's a problem with a lot of heroes.

Tats is interesting since, like a lot of the Hero Association, she's an rear end in a top hat, but unlike them, she's also an amazingly effective world saver and general do-gooder.

She's just a massive jerk while doing good.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

S class ranking doesnt really matter.
I mean king is number 7 what kind of bullahit is that

It's a mix of power and reliability.

Like, King is the strongest man on Earth, but he's usually doing his own thing when people need him, so he's medium ranked. Child Emperor, meanwhile, is much less powerful but he's always around and that gets him number 5. Tatsumaki is #2 since she's a one woman army who's working pretty much all day every day. Like, her one-shot is her day off... where she's bored within half an hour and she just starts looking for monsters to kill.

I really wonder what Blast's deal is, since he's somehow in the number one spot despite, you know, not ever showing up.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

gnome7 posted:

I'm guessing Genos keeps ranking up because he probably kills a bunch of monsters off-screen, mixed with the fact that even though he loses a lot, he always shows up. He's extremely dependable, and that counts for a lot. Also I think he got primary kill-credit for both the Sea King and the Meteor, since he was the last non-Saitama hero to try to stop both.

It's weird that Metal Bat is so low, though, because he also seems extremely dependable. That guy will do whatever job the association wants, and while he'll gripe the whole time, he'll be there and get it done.

He's often busy with his little sister's piano recitals and the like. Means he skips on more minor heroing duties in favor of being a good brother.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kuvo posted:

he obviously buys 2 to avoid this problem

But his displays fold away easily so no-one else can see them.

Unlike most people buying these figurines, King has a sense of shame. Just another way he stands out, even among heroes.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Daxing Dan posted:

It wasn't translated in this scan, but here's the text on King's computer, if anyone's curious to see what he was typing up:

- A massive burst of light engulfs the team
- Hold it!
- Y... You're [Name]!
- There's a way to break through the Dark Lord's illusion. We just have to use this Eraser of Light
- Huh? This is just tofu, not the Eraser of Light.
- Oh, that explains why they were selling it at a tofu shop.
- I guess I got totally duped, huh
- Dang, we can't fight the Dark Lord like this...
- It was written in the Sage's Tome that tofu becomes a lethal weapon when frozen.
- We might be able to kill the Dark Lord with it if we bash him really hard.
- Okay, then let's go find the Spirit of Ice so it can freeze the tofu.
- It should be living in the Cave of Demise, 1800 kilometers northwest.
- But, we'll need an airship to cross the mountains between us and the cave.
- Oh, then let's give up on that.
- I remember the weapons store was selling guns.

I admit, a JRPG where the party just gives up on the ancient prophecy because it looks like a lot of work in favor of just shooting the dark lord a lot has a certain appeal.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

It helps he's working with ONE, who has some of the best understanding of panel layouts I've ever seen.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

It's a Hi-Visibility tank top, because Mumen Rider is the best. I liked the bit in the show during the Boros fight where Mumen Rider is helping evacuate the area and take injured people to safety. Because he is the best.

Also, that no-sell when Saitama took the kick that knocked off Charanko's head was great.

Rereading it, I noticed that Saitama didn't lose the wig because he got hit harder. He lost the wig because he had something more important to focus on.

Someone's getting demolished, looks like.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm pretty sure that just isn't true in this comic. Some humans have potential to become tremendously powerful, but not everyone. Mumen Rider, for example, is probably not ever going to shoot lasers or bench a bus or reduce Geno to fine art, regardless of how much he pushes himself or how hard he tries.

None-the-less, Mumen Rider is a real hero with genuine strength and he's my friend--and that's true regardless of what the scouter says about his power level.

And Saitama

had the least potential of all. But he never let it stop him. And look how that turned out.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Indiana_Krom posted:

What if his super power is that he is actually immortal, but otherwise no different from the average human physically.

I thought that was Zombieman.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Astro Ambulance posted:

Common Rider isn't really strong enough to fight monsters, but he's still the top of C-class. He can probably trash any mundane criminals pretty well. ( i can't remember if that is a thing heroes actually do in this setting but whatever)

It is. It's a very C-rank thing to do, since there are still cops around to deal with those issues, but we see heroes foiling bank robbers from time to time.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Garou would easily stoop to putting a dog in a furnace just to get back at someone.

But at least he wouldn't steal someone's first kiss, right?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

Never seen an Anime Mary Steenburgen before.

I hear there's a place in Vegas that can get you that, but there's a waiting list as long as your arm.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

The collective noun for crow is murder. A murder of crows.

That's why you should memorize the differences between ravens and crows. It's the gulf between murder and a mere unkindness.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Congrats, friend. Now time to read the comic the anime's based off of, then the lovely-looking webcomic the comic's based of of.

Also Mob Psycho 100.

Same creator, and similar levels of quality.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

i watched some of the animated one it was pretty good actually

is there a manga of it or just the ONE art version

For Mob, the manga is the ONE art version.

Unlike One Punch Man, it started out as a job with a paycheck and all. Art gets better as it goes, even if it's still notably... ONE.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

As far as I understand it, the guy in the wolf mask was Garou from the previous tournament, and his using a mask is the reason Saitama got disqualified after his wig came off. The initial purpose of the tournament was for Saitama to experience real martial arts before going after Garou (I think?).

Saitama was hoping Garou would show, since the dude had been breaking martial artist faces before his hero hunting thing, and this seemed like a prime place for him to show.

Saitama was also completely unaware that he already kicked Garou's rear end.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

And More posted:

You be the judge:

I thought we agreed Jotaro would be the judge.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Saitama has become a wiser man.

Genos pays the rent. As he has someone who pays rent already, he needs no further apprentices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Moltrey posted:

lowkey pretty sure that in the ONE Cinematic Universe, having powerful psychic abilities just makes you short. Ex: Tatsumaki, Mob

Fubuki's 5'6''. Four inches above average!

And of course, Reigen Arataka, psychic star of the 21st century, is 5'10.

Correlation isn't causation.