Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
This is the first I've heard of this, but I'll definitely check it out.

One question I do have is how you managed to get the game on to Steam? I was under the impression that any new indie title has to start on Greenlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
How long is the full game compared to the demo?
Either way, I'll probably pick this up during or after the holidays.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I enjoyed the demo. If the game is 50% off then I guess I can rationalize the purchase.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Velveteen posted:

I thought this game was fun then I hit new game+. This game is now awesome. I like how the characters are all a little wacky but with the journal you actually learn a lot more of the world. I know its a TD game and all but I like reading stuff.

I really think the game made a mistake in only having the journal in new game+.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm getting toward the end of play+, and my damage output can't keep up with increasing enemy health. This is further exasperated when enemies have phase, and have limited periods of vulnerability. Am I missing something obvious, or do I just need to level?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Kharmakazy posted:

The title had me excited, but the sub NES graphics leave me somewhat not.

I get the impression that you've never actually seen an NES game.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

TurninTrix posted:

Defender's Quest - "Charissa? You named your rear end Charissa?"

Only half my rear end.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
How have people been using dragons? With their low speed, single target attacks and high cost, I haven't found them to be terribly useful. Is there something I'm overlooking?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Sir_Seth posted:

The flash cartoon style graphics and Tower Defense (c'mon, this genre has been done to death) elements are a huge turn off.

Yeah, I can see how someone who doesn't like cartoon tower defence games might not like a cartoon defence game.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

WarLocke posted:

Finally did it.

I think I might spend the metric shittons of scrap I have on new recruits now so I can maybe actually get the rest of the stars. Dunno if I have enough left to level them though. :negative:

You can adjust the experience rate in the options menu, which helps a lot with new recruits.

Even without that, new recruits catch up pretty fast, in my experience.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

WarLocke posted:

Not sure I have enough scrap to buy them all weapons/armor though, at least not end-game stuff, it's pretty expensive.

There are enough artifacts to equip half your people, and once upgraded they're nearly all greater than what you can purchase.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I've already beaten new game+, and I'm surprised how many helpful tricks I'm learning in these videos. I think I'll have to give another shot at the last couple gold stars.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

H2Omelon posted:

Thought I'd sign up for this Steam card beta thing for laughs, and while I'm playing Defender's Quest I get a notification that I have 4 more items in my Steam inventory.

Is this something you have to sign up for? I don't know anything about the card system, but I have more than a few games on the list of games with cards, so I should probably learn.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

H2Omelon posted:

If you join the Steam Trading Cards Group you will likely get an invite sent to you within 48 hours, as I did. If you can't be bothered to wait, I have 3 spare invites and I will send you one for free. PM me a link to your Steam profile (do I need to add you as a friend on Steam first, I'm not sure how giving items to people on Steam works).

I've joined the group. If I don't get an invite by the end of the week I'll send you a PM.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Jesto posted:

Lars posted a few mockups of what DQ2 might look like on 3DS.

I'd like to be the first to congratulate Terror Van for his cameo.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
That's amazing! I loved the artwork in Dust, I'm looking forward to seeing how well it transfers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
How in hell did you manage to get Nobuo Uematsu?

• Locked thread