Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

less laughter posted:

No you just got the entry level stuff in the hope you'll buy all the rest of it, it's just a marketing tactic.

I owned Pullblox already though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

Etrian Mystery Dungeon is a roguelike, at least. Consensus, once again, is mixed. Not even joking: you might wanna wait for the next Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, because it seems like they are pulling out the stops.

They'd better be pulling out all the stops. I got burned on Gates to Infinity.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Gunamn Clive is a lot more like Mega Man than Metal Slug or Sunset Riders. I thought it was a fun little game for two dollars. Great 3D and art style, imo

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Chill Penguin posted:

Gunamn Clive is a lot more like Mega Man than Metal Slug or Sunset Riders. I thought it was a fun little game for two dollars. Great 3D and art style, imo

Yeah, that's my assessment. It's about as long as any random NES game except not as hard due to not using lives. For two bucks it's a charming little toy. I was sitting around sick in bed one day and wanted something new to play and it did the job nicely.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurtofan posted:

Non sequitur.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I like the optimistic 2017 expiration date on the Majora's Mask 3D club code I've got, but there's no way anyone will be able to redeem it, right?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kurtofan posted:

Wow I received Fullblox for free, is this a thing Nintendo did?

if fullblox is your weird euro name for the new pushmo its free to download and it gives you a few tutorial levels but if you want any real levels you gotta pay up. i own pushmo and crashmo already, theres no loyalty deal or anything

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Kurtofan posted:

No, Fullblox has four things you gotta buy inside it. The free thing they gave you is just a demo.

EDIT: apparently I didn't bother reading the rest of this page

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Nintendo :argh:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

elf help book posted:

You're crying about people you just made up crying about it.

I was very conspicuously struggling for an excuse to post a gif of an indian making out with a cowboy, yes. I don't think I will ever read anyone's opinions on Gunman Clive.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

next time just post the gif

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Dude put a gay cowboy ending in his game and the worst people in the world are going to cry about it.

Oh. I thought it was a cowgirl because I'm heteronormative or something

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I was very conspicuously struggling for an excuse to post a gif of an indian making out with a cowboy, yes. I don't think I will ever read anyone's opinions on Gunman Clive.

You spoiled the ending of Gunman Clive 2 :mad:

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Chill Penguin posted:

Yeah, I just downloaded the HD collection and played through the first few levels. It's definitely more Mega Man than anything else. Pretty fun, too. I'm digging it so far.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Gunman Clive more like Gayman Clive

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

noirstronaut posted:

Gunman Clive more like Gayman Clive

Good

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

God dammit when is the 3d Sonic 2 coming out in the EU I AM SO READY FOR THIS NINTENDO OH GOD PLEASE

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
There is no reason in the world to buy Gunman Clive HD collection when Mega Man Legacy Collection just came out.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
What if I want to watch Cowboys and Indians make out?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Fremry posted:

There is no reason in the world to buy Gunman Clive HD collection when Mega Man Legacy Collection just came out.

Well Mega Man legacy collection isn't on WiiU.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

greatn posted:

Well Mega Man legacy collection isn't on WiiU.

Save your $4 and buy all 6 Mega Man games on the virtual console.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Fremry posted:

Save your $4 and buy all 6 Mega Man games on the virtual console.

I have 21 Mega Man virtual console games.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

greatn posted:

I have 21 Mega Man virtual console games.

I meant the 6 that come in the Legacy Collection.

Hell, use the $4 you would spend on Gunman Clive HD and buy ANY single Mega Man game. You'll get a better game with more content.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Fremry posted:

I meant the 6 that come in the Legacy Collection.

Hell, use the $4 you would spend on Gunman Clive HD and buy ANY single Mega Man game. You'll get a better game with more content.

I already have all of them is what I'm saying. Except the battle networks, because I have those on cartridge and a ds lite.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So before I throw money at a game I won't play for a bit, how is Never Alone?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a nice idea but the floaty, imprecise jumping makes the platforming towards the end a chore

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Legacy Collection is mediocre, it only has 6 games and two of them aren't at all fun to play. It has a music player but you have to sit in the menu to keep playing them. The challenges are dumb as hell and don't offer anything interesting besides the leaderboards which are pretty buggy. Also the audio balancing for the menu sucks. All the best Mega Man games are on other systems. Like the Zero series and the Gameboy ones

Augus fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 4, 2015

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The challenges are lots of fun and 7 and 8 are bad anyway so who cares about them?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Surlaw posted:

The challenges are lots of fun and 7 and 8 are bad anyway so who cares about them?

7 and 8 are awesome, and I hope a similar legacy release collects 7-10 soon.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Surlaw posted:

The challenges only exaggerate the lovely parts of the games and there are plenty of games they could've found to include besides 7 and 8

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Augus posted:

The challenges only exaggerate the lovely parts of the games and there are plenty of games they could've found to include besides 7 and 8

Actually they accentuate the good parts of the games and are a fun way to compete with friends.

But yeah the leaderboards are buggy. They'll get fixed.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Surlaw posted:

Actually they accentuate the good parts of the games and are a fun way to compete with friends.

But yeah the leaderboards are buggy. They'll get fixed.

If you say so, but there are only so many times I can repeat spike drops and the obnoxious wall drill things from Mega Man 2 before I get sick of it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's your SmileBASIC update, you filthy animals: http://smilebasic.com/en/whatsnew/

quote:

To all awaiting Petit Computer fans,

We really apology that we have posted no updates since the last posting in May.

We are almost there! All necessary development work was completed a few weeks ago and we've already proceeded to the final stage for delivering SmileBASIC via Nintendo eShop. For now Nintendo and SmileBoom is working hard to make it available to all awaiting fans outside Japan as soon as possible.

Once we obtain the final approval, the delivery date will be determined and cab be announced officially.

We really appreciate all of your patience. It is really coming!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Thank you for this update, I need smilebasic in my life yesterday

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Augus posted:

Legacy Collection is mediocre, it only has 6 games and two of them aren't at all fun to play. It has a music player but you have to sit in the menu to keep playing them. The challenges are dumb as hell and don't offer anything interesting besides the leaderboards which are pretty buggy. Also the audio balancing for the menu sucks. All the best Mega Man games are on other systems. Like the Zero series and the Gameboy ones

"It only has 6 games"... that cost you $30 at VC prices, or $45+ if you buy the actual carts (not including an NES with adequate cables). There is no way to get Mega Man 1-6 today for $15... and I'm realizing that I'm being trolled. No one can prefer the GB games over the NES.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fremry posted:

and I'm realizing that I'm being trolled. No one can prefer the GB games over the NES.

Have you actually played III, IV, and V? They are loving awesome games. The NES Mega Mans were uneven early on because the devs were still figuring the series out, and got boring later on because the devs figured things out and started churning out stale releases until a new console game out and they decided to move on to bigger and better things that Capcom could run into the ground. The GB games are polished, well-designed, and improve on the NES games.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Bionic Commando's better.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Here's your SmileBASIC update, you filthy animals: http://smilebasic.com/en/whatsnew/
I'm looking forward to this never being released on the Australian eShop, and no longer being able to dip over to the UK one because of the NNID stuff. :( :australia:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

The Kins posted:

I'm looking forward to this never being released on the Australian eShop, and no longer being able to dip over to the UK one because of the NNID stuff. :( :australia:

If you're really desperate, you can unlink your NNID, format your system, set it to UK, buy the game, set it to AU, re-link your NNID, redownload all your games, re-add all your friends and get them all to re-add your new friend code and then beat all your games again because your saves are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I have no good reason to be excited about this, but I am.