Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kaleidoscope posted:

I got the 3ds version and I regret it. All the others look much sharper, I don't care for the 3D and I have never gotten a single street pass for that game.

I liked it well enough, but I prefer it on Wii U because it looks great on a massive TV, and the killer soundtrack is made better by a proper sound system. The 3DS version just feels more retro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nintendo may have billed me twice when I bought the anime titties game #41 AKA Shantae & The Pirate's Curse. Check yo online banking statements

edit: nm my billing address changed since the last time I bought something on the eShop and had to fix it, and apparently Nintendo puts a hold on funds even if the purchase fails.

enojy fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 27, 2015

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

jivjov posted:

I'm back! This is a hair out of date; I took this before I got Lottie and 3D printed stands for the other Game & Watch poses...but here's my reasonably-current collection in a slightly different configuration.

Dude

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

deadly_pudding posted:

Somebody please sell me or not-sell me on Mario Kart 7 before I jump on this :shepspends:

Mario Kart 7 is great with maybe one or two too many bullshit courses (Rosalina's Ice Palace immediately comes to mind.) Also it handles way different than Mario Kart 8, to the point of loving with your muscle memory if you go back and forth. But it's a great game. It was the best Mario Kart until 8 came out, IMO.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

WorldWarWonderful posted:

Has anyone played Terraria yet? I burned out on it pretty early on when it was on PC and almost bought it for my 3DS until I saw the wonderful price tag of 29.99 Canadian dollars. Minecraft is due out next week and I'd rather get that (even though I've played Creative to death I wouldn't mind playing it local multiplayer).

There aren't any reviews out, and all I've managed to find is a short thread on Reddit about first impressions.

Holy Christ, it's that much? I remember someone gifted it to me during a winter Steam sale like 5 years ago because it was something like 2 bucks. I played it for 10 minutes.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Devil's Third is going to become the God Hand of 2015. Should've called this like six months ago when the reviews started pouring in.

Oh nevermind, God Hand only got like one definitively bad review.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

quote:

WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
Minecraft Add-on Packs
Festive Skin Pack - €1.99 / £1.59
The Simpsons Skin Pack - €2.99 / £2.79
Doctor Who Skins Volume 1 - €2.99 / £2.79
Doctor Who Skins Volume 2 - €2.99 / £2.79
Star Wars Classic Skin Pack - €2.99 / £2.79
Star Wars Rebels Skin Pack - €2.99 / £2.79
Star Wars Prequel Skin Pack - €2.99 / £2.79
Mass Effect Mash-up Pack - €3.99 / £3.19
Skyrim Mash-up Pack - €3.99 / £3.19
Plastic Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
Candy Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
Cartoon Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
Steampunk Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
Pattern Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
Greek Mythology Mash-up Pack - €3.99 / £3.19
Halloween 2015 Mash-up Pack - €3.99 / £3.19

Well that was quick. And by quick I mean immediate.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

codenameFANGIO posted:

If you don't buy Etrian Odyssey 4 for $10 return your 3DS, because you have failed it.

Is it any better than Persona Q? I was kinda into Q, but the ~80 hour playthrough kinda burnt me out on the playstyle.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

homeless snail posted:

Yeah if you liked anything about PQ outside of the fanservice stuff you'll like EO4 a lot.

The fan service was like, maybe half of the appeal for me. That got old real quick, though... Seemed like all of the dialogue outside of the two new characters were nonstop references to P3/P4.

The gameplay itself I got into, and maybe it was the fact that I poopsocked the game and beat it in just a few weeks, but the map drawing had become tedious and unfun in the last level or two.

I'll bite on EO4 if it's one of the best ones, I've spent more on bigger gambles I guess!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Echo Chamber posted:

Was Splatoon ever supposed to be on sale on the eshop? I'd rather get it that way than the disc.

Should I just get it full price or should I wait? I'm willing to wait.

Splatoon will never be less than like $50 on the eShop. Not a chance. Even a sale that deep is wishful thinking.

Have you checked eBay, actually? I dunno if that Black Friday Wii U bundle that came with Smash and Splatoon had the games pre installed or what, but if they came in the box as vouchers, there's surely some people out there selling them.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Saoshyant posted:

I am now the owner of most glorious Japanese Rail Sim 3D for a whole 1€. That's worth it just for the novelty.

I tried the demo of this, thinking it might be a fun sort of sightseeing app/game, but the low resolution and 10FPS kinda ruin it for me.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Reminder for any US people who are getting the Shovel Knight amiibo today - you have to update to the latest version of the game before it'll work.

Oh thanks, I forgot about that. I guess I should just buy one online now for store pickup tomorrow, because gently caress driving around town because all of the eBay superstars scooping them up for a pittance of profits.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

enojy posted:

Oh thanks, I forgot about that. I guess I should just buy one online now for store pickup tomorrow, because gently caress driving around town because all of the eBay superstars scooping them up for a pittance of profits.

This didn't work. All of my local Best Buys supposedly had "pick up today" stock, but I called them and none of them do. So much for "there'll be plenty to go around, don't buy from a scalper"

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

jivjov posted:

To Yacht Club's credit, they did say that if the first printing came up short they would do a reprint.

I just changed my order to ship, which is now backordered. I'm in no rush, though, so as long as it shows up sometime this year I guess.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SelenicMartian posted:

30 launches for EOU2 demo? Well, aren't they feeling generous.

I forgot what demo it was, but I downloaded one that permitted only 5 launches.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Saoshyant posted:

"The babies."

The baby

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Race The Sun was a PS+ freebie on PS4 sometime last year. It's not terrible, but I'd watch some videos before paying for it.

Speaking of PS4, used copies of Injustice have been like $10-12 for a while now, if you have a PS4 and are interested. It's not bad; it's Mortal Kombat X with DC characters and less violence.

This post brought to you by the Nintendo PlaiiStation 4 U.

Edit: nevermind, I didn't think Nintendo would have Injustice for sale so low. Was expecting like "$29.99 what a deal!"

enojy fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 15, 2016

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Wasn't Epic Yarn kinda bad, in the sense that you could fall asleep while holding right and beat the game?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cloks posted:

He might mean the Yarn Yoshi game.

Nah, Woolly World is pretty easy so far, but I gave up on my "get everything" run some time in World 2, and didn't even know there was a don't-take-damage stamp for each level. Nooooo thanks.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The only thing I can think of is Soma's artwork in dialogue/cutscenes. Or maybe the artwork in general. It was kinda cartoony. Everything else adds up to one of the best Castlevanias games ever made.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fuuuuck do I really need another Etrian Odyssey game (Millennium Girl)? I'm about 3/4 through EO4 and I'm liking it quite a bit more than I thought, but the difficulty is really kinda draining. I'm not struggling through it or anything, it's just the propensity for getting unavoidably killed at virtually any point is wearing me out. Is Millennium Girl at least different enough to be worth $10 more?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Morter posted:

So I want to buy the picrite pack in Pokemon Picross, which is 25 and change after taxes, and I have $4.68 in my wallet

But there's no "needed funds" button when I want to purchase it. I can only add $10 or $20.

So I'm wondering: If I go to buy something that's $24.99 in the nintendo eshop, just to add funds, is there a step for me to back out of actually purchasing the software? As in

*Try to buy $24.99 thing* -> "You don't have enough money. Add funds?" -> *Add needed funds* -> *Purchase/download product*

Between the last two steps, I'm thinking there might be a way to do that? But I don't want to risk it and buy something I don't want at all (I checked: all items for $25 are weird rear end baby/pet games).

Yes, just go "buy" something that costs as close to however much money you need in your eShop balance, but then back out of the actual purchase after funds are added. It's a two step process where the funds are first added to your balance, and then you click "purchase game" or whatever.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Do I need to have finished 999 to enjoy VLR? I played a little bit before I sold it along with my first 3DS, but didn't finish it.

Most of the stuff you'll miss are just insignificant references, but then there are a few huge references. In fact, I think one of the biggest plot moments I can remember from VLR would've required you to have played 999 to completion. But no, it's ultimately not necessary, and still a great game.

For some reason, I am now associating the Badge Arcade bunny with Zero from VLR. Badge Arcade is now proper hosed for me.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Miitomo sounds like it might be OK after all. If they built in any sort of NFC Streetpass-esque behavior, then it'll be awesome.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Lol $20 for RE4. I wonder how many times that game has been on sale for $2 or less on Steam...

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Help Im Alive posted:

Could there really be a person out there that hasn't played RE4

I played it up to the point of being on some elevated wooden dock/platform surrounded by fire. That's all I remember. It couldn't have been very far in the game, but I lost interest, due to the whole "it's so easy to :filez: PS2 games" era. I didn't like the predicament of being stuck on a wooden bridge surrounded by fire. poo poo sucks.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

It's "waggle" guys, waggle

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Sarchasm posted:

Didn't see it mentioned in this thread (maybe I missed it?) but Best Buy currently has a Buy One Get One 20% Off deal on prepaid cards, and that includes eShop cards. The math works out to be 10% off if you buy two cards of equal value.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/offer/154947/pcmcat748301737133.c?id=pcmcat748301737133

Cool, might as well. I've already conceded that I'll be buying all of Fire Emblem Fates, so I might as well save a few bucks and treat myself to a luxurious espresso beverage. All in all, the whole package ended up costing me $61 from Best Buy after tax. Gamers Club Unlocked is the poo poo as long as you don't mind the occasional pre-order fuckup/cancellation. I've already saved like $100 this year.

enojy fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 8, 2016

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dehry posted:

http://accounts.nintendo.com/

Nintendo account is supposedly up. Getting hit hard.

Huh, I thought it was going to be at http://www.miitomo.com but yeah, this site is getting hammered.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Just a heads up, Mega Man Legacy Collection is only $14.99 on the eShop. Seems like MSRP for the physical version is $30 ($50 for collector's edition.)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

wocobob posted:

If I have only ten dollars to spare, and want to grab a good meaty 3DS RPG this month, which would be a better option: picking up Etrian Odyssey 4 while it's on sale, or waiting a couple weeks to pick up Earthbound when it releases? For the record, I'm into the start of the second stratum in EO1, and I've really enjoyed what I've played, but I also loved Mother 3. Obvious answer is "both," I know, but what's the recommendation?

E

O

Fo'

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Anora posted:

On Super Mario 3D world is Rosalina DLC or an unlockable?

Is AC4 Black Flag? And is it any good on the Wii U?

She's unlockable. I think you get her for "beating" the game (World Bowser, which is like beating the standard Mario story portion of the game.)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I downgraded my New 3DS XL successfully then I tried to downgrade bae's old 3DS XL, accidentally used the New 3DS cias and bricked it :whitewater:

bae caught you slippin

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

It's the 17th in Japan. Where the mobile apps and clubs at

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rirse posted:

Now this is one thing I don't mind if we don't get.

This is one thing I don't care if we get

Oh you said if we don't get, wups!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Any word on what game tickets are?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Oh my gosh where is Miitomo. I can't believe I am looking forward to Miitomo. I think it's much more the allure of Club Nintendo 2.0.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I was hoping for a Galaxy Force II sale. I can't help but laugh at myself that $6 vs. $4 is preventing me from a purchase. Like I'm poor but not that poor.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Pretty much the only thing that could make Yoshi's Story tolerable, then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yXRGYaOfeY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but you can get the Japanese version of Miitomo (in fully translated English) on your iPhone right now if you want to play around with it. You just need to create a Japanese throwaway App Store account, log into it on your iPhone, and download it. After that, you can re-login to your main App Store account. It's fun to play around with for now, but I'm waiting for the US release to do all the NNID linking and whatnot.