Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Chef Boyardee posted:

I got insanely drunk after a drinking contest at MAGFest (ps I won) and passed out in the wizard booth on a Cyberdwarf pillow. MAGFest doesn't close and our booth was in the arcade room so I woke up at like 5:00 AM and stumbled out of the booth and there were like 500 people all around playing arcade games. I had a massive hangover and the rest of that day sucked.

Anyway, if the wizard is a-rockin', don't go in the booth because there's a chance I'm passed out drunk inside.

I am so sincerely glad I backed this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
When do you guys next come to Seattle? I just realized the Emerald City Comic Con is this weekend. I don't really keep up with these things.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

CharlesM posted:

When do you guys next come to Seattle? I just realized the Emerald City Comic Con is this weekend. I don't really keep up with these things.

I'm not sure, I don't know if we have any plans to go to conventions or anything until the game is done. One of our programmers, Chris Gelon, lives in Seattle. You have my full permission to bother him as much as you want.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
TOG JAM

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

They are going to play Tecmo Super Bowl. 3.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Heres the archived version in case you missed it, like me:

http://www.twitch.tv/togstudios/b/516088106

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I'm bummed I both missed you at magfest and didn't pledge enough for a body pillow and would do weird stuff for one

edit: if you are actually in silver springs md the offer stands doubly so

mbt fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Apr 1, 2014

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Chef Boyardee posted:

I got insanely drunk after a drinking contest at MAGFest (ps I won) and passed out in the wizard booth on a Cyberdwarf pillow. MAGFest doesn't close and our booth was in the arcade room so I woke up at like 5:00 AM and stumbled out of the booth and there were like 500 people all around playing arcade games. I had a massive hangover and the rest of that day sucked.

Anyway, if the wizard is a-rockin', don't go in the booth because there's a chance I'm passed out drunk inside.

lol

You're my favorite gamesman, Chef.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Mortimer posted:

I'm bummed I both missed you at magfest and didn't pledge enough for a body pillow and would do weird stuff for one

edit: if you are actually in silver springs md the offer stands doubly so

We're in Northern VA, but yeah, I'll be in Silver Spring sometime next week and can drop one off if you want. Send an email to contact@talesofgames.com. We've actually got like 60 pillows left if anyone else wants one too. I can't remember how much we're selling them for but it's probably like $40 or less. Maybe $25? Does anyone who bought one at a convention remember?????

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
how are you not taking this chance to raise an army of cuddly Cyber Dwarfs?

e. I should have asked after the run at AGDQ I bet in the shock after that run I could have convinced you to pay me to take one off your hands.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Currently researching the essence of longplays.

Trust me, this is very important.

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW
I'm happy that this thread exists. It's nice. I'm glad.

When I heard they were making a sequel to CBSUAJ:G I immediately slapped down the kickstarter money as a matter of principle, because I feel like I pretty much owe Tale's of Games for a free, enjoyable game regardless of what they produce next. But I have a question: will the player be able to carry on the legacy of the b-ballers? Gameplay-wise, the shooting elements have risen to the fore and while they are incredibly cool, I'll be a little sad if we can't re-enact the power shown in the concept art where the player electrocutes a punk with (presumably) the magic of his Shaq-fu.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Gortarius posted:

Currently researching the essence of longplays.

Trust me, this is very important.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

illrepute posted:

I'm happy that this thread exists. It's nice. I'm glad.

When I heard they were making a sequel to CBSUAJ:G I immediately slapped down the kickstarter money as a matter of principle, because I feel like I pretty much owe Tale's of Games for a free, enjoyable game regardless of what they produce next. But I have a question: will the player be able to carry on the legacy of the b-ballers? Gameplay-wise, the shooting elements have risen to the fore and while they are incredibly cool, I'll be a little sad if we can't re-enact the power shown in the concept art where the player electrocutes a punk with (presumably) the magic of his Shaq-fu.

There will be b-balls, there will be b-ballers, much more so than any man can stomach. By the time you are done with this game... you'll want to play volleyball instead.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gortarius posted:

There will be b-balls, there will be b-ballers, much more so than any man can stomach. By the time you are done with this game... you'll want to play volleyball instead.

Ha! That is a bold claim! Let's see if you can deliver.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Heck, I already want to play volleyball.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Will this game and the previous game get a Sega Genesis port? I need to finish my collection.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Gortarius posted:

v-ballers? Secret unlockable support weapon confirmed!

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Mercury Crusader posted:

Will this game and the previous game get a Sega Genesis port? I need to finish my collection.

Barkley 2 is VHS and Ouya exclusive, but you could take some sega cartridges and sega boxes, take the covers off them and replace those with Bakely pictures, and then pretend its the real deal.

Anyways, heres a lil' something I came across one day, I thunk it pretty good, but I'm known to be an idiop before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyPqcIGbyVs

Taking some days off, but prior to that worked on Character Creation a whole bunch, made like 15 maps (all subpar), schemed some really stupid quests and minigames. Other than that theres been some AI work, gun's work, and other boring poo poo. Nothing too exciting right now as far as I know.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Discendo Vox posted:

v-ballers? Secret unlockable support weapon confirmed!

What about dark b-ballers, those who practice the forbidden techniques of glove and bat?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

For what it's worth, I would play Barry Bonds: Shut Up & Slam: Gaiden whenever 90s basketball stops being funny.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Hey when are the Barkleynomicons going to be shipped

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

nippon nifties posted:

Hey when are the Barkleynomicons going to be shipped

Hmm, I'd think closer to release, which is late 2014 according to the current estimate. I'll ask around though in case they have some other plans for it. None of the ToG idiops are reachable right now though so this may take some time.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
After the game is done. It's a compilation of a lot of the art in the game, concept art, cut work, miscellaneous art stuff we've got, development stuff, all sorts of things. So it as a product will be done when the game is.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Barkley Shut Up and Jam 2 is heretical apocrypha.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Should I get this game

also is this going to be the last installment in the series?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Anatharon posted:

Should I get this game

After this they'll make the big money with a Barkley Gaiden MOBA.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Anatharon posted:

Should I get this game

Barkely 1 was the last installment in the series. I'm not sure how this game came about, to be honest.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Anatharon posted:

Should I get this game

No, its absolute trash, but please give all your money to the ToG agenda.

There will probably be a Barkley 3........................ D...

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Barkley 3 should be as different from Barkley 2 and 2 is from 1, such that carrying a save file from 2 to 3 should feel as silly a concept as carrying one from 1 (a GameMaker fangame) to 2 (a legit 16-bit Cyberpunk action-RPG). Like Joel Hodgson said about MST3K, change is part of it, so paradoxically, it's not the same if it doesn't change.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 24, 2014

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

BiggerJ posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Barkley 3 should be as different from Barkley 2 and 2 is from 1, such that carrying data from 2 to 3 should feel as silly a concept as carrying it from 1 (a GameMaker fangame) to 2 (a legit 16-bit Cyberpunk action-RPG).

I'm pretty sure this has been part of the plan all along. I remember reading an interview where the entire idea of Barkley 2 was to be extremely different from the first from the very beginning, when they first referred to it in the Barkley 1 credits.

I imagine Barkley 3 is going to be some sort of RTS or something.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Skip all them and go right ahead to Barkley part 6, then fill in the gaps after it's successful.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Segmentation Fault posted:

I'm pretty sure this has been part of the plan all along. I remember reading an interview where the entire idea of Barkley 2 was to be extremely different from the first from the very beginning, when they first referred to it in the Barkley 1 credits.

Well, maybe the third game in the story, but I'm pretty sure we're due for Bakely: The Fighters, complete with FMV actors.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Tracula posted:

Skip all them and go right ahead to Barkley part 6, then fill in the gaps after it's successful.

1 + 2 = 3, 1 + 2 + 3 = 6 man, it's basic math.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Segmentation Fault posted:

You guys make it sound like they know what they're doing.
:cheeky:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Station 37 is the 37th game in the 'Barkley' series.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

Well, maybe the third game in the story, but I'm pretty sure we're due for Bakely: The Fighters, complete with FMV actors.

This is not as ridiculous as you think it is. The top reply is from the guy behind Frog Fractions.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Barkley 3 should will be an MMOCCRTS.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

BiggerJ posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Barkley 3 should be as different from Barkley 2 and 2 is from 1, such that carrying a save file from 2 to 3 should feel as silly a concept as carrying one from 1 (a GameMaker fangame) to 2 (a GameMaker fangame).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Discendo Vox posted:

Barkley 3 should will be an MMOCCRTS.

I'd like to see a first-person shooter starring Plaxico Burress.