Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Fedule posted:

Well, it's not so much an "anime thing" as a "thing that lots of anime latches on to". I don't know where the idea came from, or even if it came from any one particular culture, but it's definitely not an invention of anime.

Brannock posted:

Seconding that this is in no way an anime thing. It's something that shows up in pretty much every single storytelling medium, and for good reason too.

I've only ever seen it show up in anime, manga, and some Japanese video games. I can't remember ever seeing it happen in any western literature, movies, TV shows or video games.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if I'm wrong, so I'll just take your word for it. v:shobon:v

Edit: Okay, now that I think about it, I do remember it showing up as a plot point in that movie "Hero" about the nameless assassin who was trying to kill the guy who unified all of ancient China. So there's at least one non-anime example that I'm familiar with.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Just wanna say, Sonia breaking character and going all D&D commentary out of nowhere is one of the best things. Everything that comes out of Coach's mouth is also one of the best things.

This. At this juncture this is the best thing.

This game, the whole series really, is just a long string of strangeness, punctuated by amazing things.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Fedule posted:

Well, it's not so much an "anime thing" as a "thing that lots of anime latches on to". I don't know where the idea came from, or even if it came from any one particular culture, but it's definitely not an invention of anime.

It is definitely a Wuxia thing. In a lot of kung-fu stories, your kung-fu style is a direct extension of your soul, your philosophy of life, and whatever skills you hold. So even if two people are trained in the same art by the same teacher, you can totally tell the difference between one student being a buddhist saint or a cynical legalist, or one guy being a poet and the other a fisherman, just by watching them fight.

On the subject of 'skills', arete is more or less fungible in wuxia stories. If you're a master chef, it's a lot easier for you to translate your culinary mastery into martial arts mastery than it would be for some schmuck to master martial arts in the first place. Thus, Junko's Crazy kung-fu and Ryouko's Analyst Kung-fu. Madarai probably doesn't have a kung-fu related talent at all, and is probably a Super High School Level Ophiologist.

HangedManArcana
Dec 12, 2012

...T...Thank you.
Winter: I think my title says it all.

Rat: I actually didn't know it was from anything specific. Really cool! I've got to look that up sometime.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

I think you are all ignoring the fact Ryouko narrates specifically that she can't actually predict everything about Madarai - that would require much more data. She just has enough to predict his moves in a chase, which does logically follow from how he handles himself in a fight. I don't think she has enough to predict, for example, what he's going to have for dinner, or his political leanings.

As for Matsuda, remember she mentioned early on they were childhood friends. That probably means she has all the data about him she needs to predict absolutely anything. I'd imagine that from Matsuda's point of view, it is kind of creepy when the person you're talking to can predict everything you're going to say and do should she choose to.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

orenronen posted:

As for Matsuda, remember she mentioned early on they were childhood friends. That probably means she has all the data about him she needs to predict absolutely anything. I'd imagine that from Matsuda's point of view, it is kind of creepy when the person you're talking to can predict everything you're going to say and do should she choose to.
There is nothing to back up the claim though. It is not impossible that Matsuda has altered the note's content and be charming enough for Ryouko to have absolute trust on him in order to do more researches.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Ratoslov posted:

It is definitely a Wuxia thing. In a lot of kung-fu stories, your kung-fu style is a direct extension of your soul, your philosophy of life, and whatever skills you hold. So even if two people are trained in the same art by the same teacher, you can totally tell the difference between one student being a buddhist saint or a cynical legalist, or one guy being a poet and the other a fisherman, just by watching them fight.
It's super easy if you watch the right kung-fu movies. The poet will fight with a giant calligraphy brush and the fisherman will make kicking some huge, muscle-bound, jerk's rear end with a fishing pole look like a total accident.

God drat I love bad kung-fu movies

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012
So, seems to me like Ryouko's memory is being deliberately tampered with to suppress her SHSL talent, presumably because otherwise she would discover something she's not supposed to. It seems unlikely that it's been a lifelong condition or she wouldn't have been admitted to the school in the first place, given that they want to kick her out. I'm unsure what the plan is now with Junko messing with her, though.

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

It's super easy if you watch the right kung-fu movies. The poet will fight with a giant calligraphy brush and the fisherman will make kicking some huge, muscle-bound, jerk's rear end with a fishing pole look like a total accident.

God drat I love bad kung-fu movies

Daggers 8. Features a guy who runs a noodle store and proceeds to trash everyone with oversized chopsticks. It was my dad's favourite kung-fu movie, and now it's mine too!

It's a kind of a shame that Sakura didn't get such treatment in DR1. Her Style of the SHSL Schoolgirl cannot be beaten. It involves running with toast in your mouth.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
Ryouko is a tool for a writer to continue to put pen to paper without exaggerated portraits guiding him. I'm a songwriter and am totally familiar with the panic attacks you get the second silence replaces loud feedback and rhyming.

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

I fell out of a plane crash because you need to stop.
Well guess who had his first experience with spoilers. It wasn't even a picture or a site; it was literally IN the Google suggestion box. So now I know who winds up murdering someone eventually. :bang:

Lesson learned: Never Google anything about this game. No exceptions.

In retrospect, yeah it was stupid of me to try to do that what with the countless warnings and cautionary tales of horror and woe. But at the time, it just seemed like one of those things you always expect to happen to somebody else.

King Christmas fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 28, 2013

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Six Of Spades posted:

Daggers 8. Features a guy who runs a noodle store and proceeds to trash everyone with oversized chopsticks. It was my dad's favourite kung-fu movie, and now it's mine too!

It's a kind of a shame that Sakura didn't get such treatment in DR1. Her Style of the SHSL Schoolgirl cannot be beaten. It involves running with toast in your mouth.
The hidden final technique, of course, involves pulling a giant mallet out of nowhere.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

To be safe, just never type the words D*ng*n R*np* anywhere ever.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Regy Rusty posted:

That sounds suspiciously like common sense, to me.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I guess I got lucky, then, trying to find out what we're missing from those Fukawa scenes from DR1, when I just couldn't find anything and didn't have anything spoiled.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I keep my Dangan Ronpa exposure limited strictly to this thread and it's predecessor. The only spoiler I think I ever got was that someone posted a picture of Monomi way back when DR2 first came out, but it was totally without context and the only thing it really spoiled for me was that Usami's original design would change to something more sinister.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Six Of Spades posted:

Here, sit back, relax, and watch "Taoism Drunkard," a.k.a. "Drunken Wu-Tang." Giant, groin-munching, watermelon robots, a villain that can't really decide what his name is (Old Devil, or Master Ruthless), and a hilariously convoluted plot. It also has a guy called "Porcupine Back," who seriously wears a suit which has nails all over his back and blades on his elbows and knees. His special attack is to try to fall on you. In keeping with the oversized weapons theme, the protagonist's granny fights off Old Devil with a tobacco pipe the size of Kansas in one scene.

It's my all-time favorite bad kung-fu movie. This audio clip from the English dub is my current text message received sound. And this audio clip features the worst comeback to a death threat in history.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jan 28, 2013

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

To be safe, just never type the words anywhere ever.

Fun fact: You can learn Chinese, Vietnamese and read the riveting title "H Ji? Qi Yu N" in the first page of result for "D*ng*n R*np*" (without quotes).

Why have I never seen this movie despite living in Hong Kong :negative:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

A couple days ago I almost, on a whim, googled "Monobear hoodie" because drat if I'm not jealous of oren's.

Then I realized that I would be googling something related to Dangan Ronpa and thought better of it. Hoodie, you will have to wait.

EdgeryWorthy
Oct 5, 2012

So what's your type? You're a herbivore guy, so do you prefer a carnivore girl?

JT Jag posted:

A couple days ago I almost, on a whim, googled "Monobear hoodie" because drat if I'm not jealous of oren's.

Then I realized that I would be googling something related to Dangan Ronpa and thought better of it. Hoodie, you will have to wait.

I've got a link for that: http://ebten.jp/p/4940261510404/

There's some SDR2 stuff in the related items on the bottom but it doesn't look like spoilers, but I'd avoid scrolling all the way down just to be safe.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

EdgeryWorthy posted:

I've got a link for that: http://ebten.jp/p/4940261510404/

There's some SDR2 stuff in the related items on the bottom but it doesn't look like spoilers, but I'd avoid scrolling all the way down just to be safe.

Huh, only $57? I was expecting more. Then again, I'm probably biased because the only anime thing I've ever wanted is a sculpture of Ramiel that cost like $160.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

EdgeryWorthy posted:

No spoilers, just stuff like posters and mugs, the biggest "spoiler" shown is the fact that Monomi happens.

Now I just need to figure out how to buy things off this site and I'll be set.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

You know what has to be bad for people that get spoiled? Let's say you get spoiled on the first murder.

Now you have to wait for the thread to catch up to that before it even moves on with the rest of the story (and thus new content/plot unfolding for you to see). The temptation is probably stronger for you to go right out and spoil the rest of the game for yourself.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Yeah, but more subtle wuxia stuff will have the same ideas, but implemented differently. In the classier kind of Wuxia story, the stereotypical Poet-turned-warrior will favor the jian, which is the favored weapon of gentlemen and scholars and whose fencing style is often compared to calligraphy. He'll also favor dramatic swooping strikes and maybe use a swooning movement to dodge, and will go for elaborate fancy moves. A fisherman will instead prefer a spear or Dao, prefer rapid thrusts and linear movements, and in general fight simply and pragmatically.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.

Ineffiable posted:

You know what has to be bad for people that get spoiled? Let's say you get spoiled on the first murder.

Now you have to wait for the thread to catch up to that before it even moves on with the rest of the story (and thus new content/plot unfolding for you to see). The temptation is probably stronger for you to go right out and spoil the rest of the game for yourself.

Speaking as someone who was unintentionally spoiled for a death and a case situation, it isn't that hard. You don't look poo poo up. Above all, you avoid tumblr.

Then again, I'm doing so well on not spoiling myself further I'm not even playing the game or trying to read the novel, which I could probably slowbeef my way through. The anticipation of waiting for a new update is part of the fun of this LP. Once you get spoiled, you're in dread waiting for whatever you found out happened to occur, and the temptation to let it slip is much greater than the temptation to find out more.

Back on DR merchandise, I'm honestly amazed that the Monobear hoodie costs less than the Hope's Peak Academy jersey. There aren't any spoilers for DR2 in the goods overall that I can tell, though obviously things like the presence of Syo and Mukuro in DR1 are spoiled in the Syo and Mukuro t-shirts. A lot of the same stuff was in the limited-time Dangan Ronpa store.

Monomi's got a hoodie of her own, too: http://ebten.jp/p/4940265104800/

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Ineffiable posted:

This is the main reason I'm afraid of spoilers. It's making me slightly insane.

Kimitsu posted:

Speaking as someone who was unintentionally spoiled for a death and a case situation, it isn't that hard. You don't look poo poo up. Above all, you avoid tumblr.

The worst thing is, even if you don't look at anything DR related on tumblr and filter out DR-related posts, sometimes people you follow (who've never posted anything about DR before!) will spontaneously decide to start posting DR pictures without tags or anything. To any tumblr anime people lurking this thread: tag your goddamn posts.

Fortunately, I haven't seen any spoilers unless the game's about to get into "deep and sensuous homosexual make-outs" territory (fan-artists, you so crazy).

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

The only things I got spoiled on, technically, was the character cast from the DR2 website, and by extension Usami's change into monomi.

I cannot begin to describe my face when I saw Fat togami.

HelloWinter posted:

... and hamsters, right? Right?

I also cannot believe I missed this. Nice! I'd want a Gundam avatar but I'm way too scared to google search....and it seems those fears are justified.

Joenen fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jan 28, 2013

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Ratoslov posted:

Yeah, but more subtle wuxia stuff will have the same ideas, but implemented differently. In the classier kind of Wuxia story, the stereotypical Poet-turned-warrior will favor the jian, which is the favored weapon of gentlemen and scholars and whose fencing style is often compared to calligraphy. He'll also favor dramatic swooping strikes and maybe use a swooning movement to dodge, and will go for elaborate fancy moves. A fisherman will instead prefer a spear or Dao, prefer rapid thrusts and linear movements, and in general fight simply and pragmatically.
I was kind of being a smart rear end with that post.

Jeek posted:

Why have I never seen this movie despite living in Hong Kong :negative:
Some cruel twist of fate, to be sure, but I'm here to help! :D

And regardless of where anyone lives, you should all sit down and watch that movie. It's delightfully insane. Also, I forgot about the part where Granny follows up Giant Pipe-Fu with a sword which would give Cloud Strife grounds to crack wise about "compensating for something."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I feel sort of sorry for Gundam now. Hamsters poo poo everywhere, so his clothes must be full of it.

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
The four dark gods do not poop willy nilly!

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

psychoticBacofoil posted:

No spoilers, just stuff like posters and mugs, the biggest "spoiler" shown is the fact that Monomi happens.

Now I just need to figure out how to buy things off this site and I'll be set.

If they don't ship internationally, a shopping service like Celga is your best bet.

I'm torn now between getting the Monomi hoodie, or pooling my money into buying this sweet backpack as a graduation gift to myself. (The DR section of Amiami has a lot of neat accessories and apparel in general, but a lot of it is sold out. :saddowns:)

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Regarding all the talk about spoilers in fan art, I'd recommend not searching for dangan ronpa fan-made videos. Trust me, they don't even warn you of spoilers.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

RefinedUndefined posted:

Regarding all the talk about spoilers in fan art, I'd recommend not searching for dangan ronpa fan-made videos. Trust me, they don't even warn you of spoilers.
This is straight-up what everyone else has been saying for this page. Rather than potentially spoiling yourself searching for things that other people will undoubtedly post to the thread when they become relevant, why not spend that time looking at other threads here on SA? Or, hell, go through a previously completed LP at https://lparchive.org? There are many things you can do to protect yourself from the spoils.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Seriously. Unless some guy literally jumps out at you from the shadows shouting "Junko is the mastermind!", (which, being fair, did (sort of) happen to one guy in the last thread) it isn't hard to avoid spoilers as long as you possess a measure of patience.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

orenronen posted:

Even if you don't, for some reason, consider something that's only revealed after one finishes the game a spoiler, the fact that I left those ??? in the main menu unexplained in the first update should've suggested to you that I do. In addition, I already said as much regarding this very topic earlier in the thread, when someone else made the same mistake.

As for the contents of the thing you're talking about, it does have some slight spoilers for things other than DR1. So even on that front, no.

Without wanting to get into specifics obviously, have you decided what order you'll be doing them in yet? Possibly (I believe) the second one first? :allears:

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
How can he answer this without giving something away? Stop, we all don't know what those are ahead of time, and if you do, please be patient and don't give us hints or anything like that.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

Fedule posted:

Seriously. Unless some guy literally jumps out at you from the shadows shouting "Junko is the mastermind!", (which, being fair, did (sort of) happen to one guy in the last thread) it isn't hard to avoid spoilers as long as you possess a measure of patience.

Patience? PATIENCE? Where? I need my DR2 fix.

Also, I don't get why people can't limit themselves to this thread only for information, and not google or Youtube. I mean, there's a reason why Orenoren uses polsy for linking uploaded videos to you guys.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Beautiful Days [Piano Arrange]

Before we get to our Free Time partners, there are a few things to take care of.

We have Hidden Monobears to find! Can you spot it over here, in the supermarket?

There are 5 Hidden Monobears per chapter. All have the same outfit (chapter 1's is Shell Bikini Monobear) - so I won't show the GET screens anymore -- they're exactly the same. Some Hidden Monobears can be found in areas like the supermarket, which are always open. Others are in areas that open up later in the chapter. Some are in rooms that are only open to visit for a limited time -- and if you miss them, they're gone for good unless you replay the chapter.

Now, let's look at the vending machine...

...Which is one of two ways to get presents. The vending machine has a limited number of set presents (most are reused from DR1). Let's see. What should I buy?

A bottle of mineral water for one Monobear coin sounds like a good deal.

Our next destination is the airport. Can you spot what we're after?

That baggage belt is animated, by the way. I was sorely disappointed to learn you don’t have to sharpshoot the Monobear doll. Missed opportunity.

Hidden Monobear #3. And that's all we can get at this point. Now, let's go to the beach.

...Where there's a strange new tree.

I love how it stands out as a cardboard cutout in an engine in which everything looks like a cardboard cutout.

Re: Mr. Monobear's Lesson

This is what the Monomono Machine looks like on Jabberwock Island. It works exactly the same like the one in DR1 -- you put coins in, and get capsules with random presents. The more presents you have the less likely you are to get a new one, but putting in more coins increases the chance.

I will be getting presents off camera for the rest of the game. Now, let's get on with what we're here for.

Beautiful Days [Piano Arrange]

Of course he’s at the farm.

Hmhmhm... Be warned. You will... regret... approaching me needlessly.

What should I do? Can I really ask someone like him to hang out with me?

Ask / Go somewhere else

Ah... You persist? Do you not know fear? Or perhaps, your emotions have been stolen by Copellia?

Let us put you to the question, then, and see what we learn...

I spent some time answering Tanaka's incomprehensible questions...

I feel we've grown a little closer...

Should I give him a present?

Give / Do not give

Fur Muffler: A muffler made from the fur of the dragon appearing in "The Neverending Story". Too hot for a land of everlasting summer.

Hmm... Not a bad choice for someone such as you. I shall make good use of it.

...Should you find anything else of interest, please come and show it to me.

...I would advise against coming any closer.
Even were I to permit your presence, I can do nothing about the sacred barrier that surrounds me...

But, I wasn't even making advances... nor do I have any intention to.

Ah... Amusing as this is, do not think we are finished in our conversation...
Assumed names, like your... “Hajime Hinata”... are meaningless to me. Reveal your True Name to me.
True Name... What the hell are you talking about?

Heh. So, you are not fool enough to give that up so easily...

In that case... Name your secret identity.
Um, I don't really have one...

Special superpowers?
No way I'd have any...

Feh. It is as I feared... you are a mere human.
Hrmph. Fine. I shall simplify my conversation, so even you can follow.

Go on. Ones such as you always have your questions. I will humour them for now.

I...It's my turn to ask...?

Ask what you will... but be prepared. The answers may be beyond you.

Many who have dwelled overlong on my power have lost their minds. I wonder what effect it will have on you?

So which is it? Does he want me to talk to him or doesn't he...?
I would really love to just walk away, but he... he seems so eager to hear my questions...

It seems I won't be able to get away without asking him anything...

Um... So, how do you usually spend your time?

So, you hold an interest in my way of life? Very well... I shall reveal a fragment of it to you.

I train... hunt men... synthesize spells... etcetera. I may not look it, but I am... a busy man.
But, the thing that occupies the most of my time... is maintaining my website.
...Eh?

It's natural... Mages of all colors eagerly anticipate the results of my... research.
Of course, my arcane firewall ensures only the chosen few can see it...

Unworthy ones such as yourself can see only my so-called "Bubbly Breeding Blog".
Um... Actually, that sounds more interesting. A blog about breeding written by a Super High-school Level Animal Breeder...

Indeed? Well, I suppose there is no harm in sending you a link... After we leave this place, of course.

So? Do you have any other questions?
...Favorite food?

A fine question. It is, of course, the orange gourd engraved with the face of the devil.

Um... does he mean pumpkins...?

It is a magnificent foodstuff, high in nutrition and fit for any culinary purpose...

And, best of all, its seeds provide most effective sustenance for my Four Dark Gods.
Of course, they must be carefully washed, sun-dried, peeled, and lightly roasted first...
Oh? That must not be easy...

Does anything “easy” exist in this world?
What use are goals, if you would abandon them because they’re not easy?

I guess... he's right.
He’s a little... difficult to talk to... but I can understand what he's trying to say.

Somehow... I feel like I understand Tanaka a little better. Just a little.

Hope Shard Acquired

I kept asking Tanaka questions until he was satisfied, and eventually he let me go.

It's still light outside. I guess I have time...

I'm not the kind of person who stands around doing nothing, so I guess I should go somewhere...

What's the goal of the powerful organization who kidnapped all of us...?
We still don't have nearly enough hints to start thinking about that.

What should I do? Should I ask Togami to hang out with me?

Ask / Go somewhere else

Very well. I've been thinking too much, and now I’m hungry.

I shall go have a light snack... Accompany me.

I spent time watching Togami consume a not very light amount of fast food.

I think we became a little closer...

Should I give him a present?

Give / Do not give

Ramune: A lemon flavored carbonated drink. Its name originates in the word 'lemonade'. Known for being sold in bottles corked with a marble. If you take the bottle back to the Ramune shop, it can be reused.

That's a better definition of Ramune than any I could've given. If you're in Japan, go try some!

You hold peculiar objects. Crude commodities someone in my position has never laid hands on...
My interest is piqued. I shall take it.

...Oy, Hinata. Let me ask you a single question.
Eh? Me? Sure... I don't mind...
There's been a little something troubling me for a while now. I just want to settle this problem.

Answer me! What is your body fat ratio?!
...Huh?
Um... I never really looked into it, so I'm not sure...

You never... looked into it...?

Are you telling me you have no interest in the amount of fat stored in your body...?!

Unbelievable... That is exactly why I hate simpletons.

Somehow... Togami's enthusiasm seems far above normal.

He almost makes me feel I'm actually in the wrong here...

As far as I can tell by looking, it is 9 percent... no, probably even 8...

Whatever it is, it is undoubtedly in the single digits. Just barely reaching the average.

You should be thankful we've been taken to a tropical island. Had it been a different place, you could have frozen to death.
O...kay...

So, do you still not remember? Do you have any inkling what your talent might be?
Um... Not yet...

I see. Nevertheless, do not lose heart.
Eh?

...What's with that face?
No, I just thought you'd be angry again...
Feh, how tactless of you. You thought I'd get angry over something as trifling as that?
You might say it's the duty of people as grand as me to take care of weaklings like yourself...

Therefore... it doesn't matter what your talent is. Not as long as I am around.

As long as Byakuya Togami is in charge, you shall be secure and safe.
I...I see...

Somehow... his drive is overwhelming...

The Togami Conglomerate is already an international power, but it shall take an even greater leap forward under my leadership...
I think you are very lucky to have a person of such exceptional talent among you now.

Believe in me. If you do, nothing can go wrong.

I...I don't really get it... but that's a hell of a lot of self-confidence...

I guess that's what "Super High-school Level Heir" Byakuya Togami is all about...

All I ask is that you do your best to stay out of my way. Simpletons should know their place and act responsibly.
But... if you're troubled by anything, I won't mind if you come to me.

Saying that, Togami gallantly left the area.
He may be incredibly pompous, but I don't think he's a bad guy...

I feel like I understand him... just a little.

Hope Shard Acquired

I decided to go back to my room.

Music stops

* ding-dong-ding-dong *

Eh?! That chime right now...!

Um, this is an announcement from Hope's Peak Academy's Field Trip Executive Committee...
Yoohoo! It's time for your long-awaited recreation activities!
What kind of exciting activities await you bastards? It's too late to -- wait, that's not it. I can't wait to find out!
We realize this is getting tedious, but for now - come and gather at Jabberwock Park!

Gather... at the park?
What the hell is he planning, at this time of night?

Instantly, a bad feeling took over my entire body. My skin crawled with goosebumps.

It's forbidden to oppose Monobear... which means I just can't ignore that announcement, right?
In other words... I have no choice but go.
poo poo! What does he want this time?!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh Monobear, what are you up to now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conro101
Jan 6, 2012

Dr. Conro James Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
Aww, Togami really cares this time around.

• Locked thread