Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pidgeon
May 18, 2011

:tinsley:

Bonehilda posted:

You'd think that for all his genre savvy, Hinata would at least see that this could be a very obvious murder plot on Souda's part. Especially considering that apparently nobody besides Souda and Hinata know about their "plan", and that Hinata has no actual evidence of this upcoming beach party. (Except maybe Tsumiki's offhanded remark about a plan that required a clear sky, but I suppose that could just be a coincidence.)

What kind of murderer would bring an accomplice with them to observe the kill? The accomplice dies if the murderer lives, according to the rules.

I just realized you were talking about Souda killing Hinata, though. You've got a point there but Souda seems like the kind of guy who'd be more interested in women than violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I dunno, Souda strikes me as the kind of guy who is far more intelligent than he lets on. People automatically assume that he's simple or dumb because of his occupation and laid back attitude, and it's not like his job gives him much opportunity to prove them wrong. To me it seems like he's been remarkably on the ball so far, and I'm not sure that he's shown himself as the kind of guy who can ignore all the murder and such for pervertedness. And if this is tue it makes him a prime candidate for having solved the motive, because no one would expect it of him and he certainly seems competent enough to have somehow figured it out.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

pidgeon posted:

What kind of murderer would bring an accomplice with them to observe the kill? The accomplice dies if the murderer lives, according to the rules.

I just realized you were talking about Souda killing Hinata, though. You've got a point there but Souda seems like the kind of guy who'd be more interested in women than violence.

I'm SURE it was brought up already, but team murderers would work out wouldn't they? 2 murders committed "Strangers on a Train' style would work out, right? I don't see why it wouldn't.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Chronische posted:

I'm SURE it was brought up already, but team murderers would work out wouldn't they? 2 murders committed "Strangers on a Train' style would work out, right? I don't see why it wouldn't.

I think the problem with Strangers on a Train is that it'd depend entirely on Monobear's decision on how to time the voting and interpret a successful vote.

Let's say we've got two students, A and B. They both want to escape together, and are both complete sociopaths. So first off, A establishes a clear motive to kill student X, and B establishes a clear motive to kill student Y. Then, A kills Y, and B kills X. Finally, B frames A for X's murder, and A frames B for Y's murder. In this scenario, the criminals pull off the framing perfectly, everybody buys it, and it comes down to the vote.

Possibility 1: Monobear decides to do the voting in serial, starting with the murder of X. Everyone votes A, everyone but B (Including A) dies, and B graduates.

Possibility 2a: Monobear decides to have the votes be parallel. Everyone votes A killed X and B killed Y. Monobear performs the executions serially; everyone but B gets executed for failing to correctly convict the murderer of X, then B gets executed for failing to correctly convict the murderer of Y. A and B graduate posthumously.

Possibility 2b. Monobear decides to have the votes be parallel. Everyone votes A killed X and B killed Y. Monobear performs the executions in parallel; everybody but A and B are executed, and A and B graduate.

Basically, if you're doing Strangers on a Train, you're depending on Monobear's personal interpretation of the rules. Now, in DR1, he had a very low opinion of multiple graduations, so I really don't think it would have worked there, but here Monobear is a new character, so something very different may be going on here.

axx
May 4, 2013

orenronen posted:

It's electrifyin’!

Souda'd better shape up, 'cause Sonia needs a man and her heart is set on him...

I'm still hoping this really will just be a fun happy beach party, but it's been suspiciously long without bloodshed, so I guess not. Considering the first murder was intrasexual, the second will very likely involve at least one girl, if it follows the pattern of relative equality that DR1 did. (Or Hinata could just end up on an island full of girls. Murderous girls.) So I'm thinking this is less likely to be a case where Souda is victim or killer, but probably a body discovery scene from a girl-on-girl murder.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Or it's the other scenario, where Hinata, Souda and the girls are so distracted by the beach party that they return to the hotel to find a dead guy. With the alibi that the murderer has to be a guy, because when would any of the girls have time to slip out during the beach party?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Souda's giving off major Yosuke(sp?) from Persona 4 vibes.

Like Yosuke, it's gonna be interesting to see how this backfires horribly!

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

axx posted:

I'm still hoping this really will just be a fun happy beach party, but it's been suspiciously long without bloodshed, so I guess not. Considering the first murder was intrasexual, the second will very likely involve at least one girl, if it follows the pattern of relative equality that DR1 did. (Or Hinata could just end up on an island full of girls. Murderous girls.) So I'm thinking this is less likely to be a case where Souda is victim or killer, but probably a body discovery scene from a girl-on-girl murder.
I would say that both the murderer and victim will be girls this time since there has not been one in DR1 (Junko murdering Ikusaba doesn't really count).

unwnd
Apr 29, 2013

Zeron posted:

I dunno, Souda strikes me as the kind of guy who is far more intelligent than he lets on. People automatically assume that he's simple or dumb because of his occupation and laid back attitude, and it's not like his job gives him much opportunity to prove them wrong. To me it seems like he's been remarkably on the ball so far, and I'm not sure that he's shown himself as the kind of guy who can ignore all the murder and such for pervertedness. And if this is tue it makes him a prime candidate for having solved the motive, because no one would expect it of him and he certainly seems competent enough to have somehow figured it out.

From what I've seen, people assume Souda is pretty simple because he freaks out at everything and is very bad at hiding things, which we saw when we interrogated him about Komaeda. Unless he's somehow playing Hinata like a fiddle and is in fact an SHSL Actor as well, I think it'd be fairly clear if he were having any malicious thoughts.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bonehilda posted:

You'd think that for all his genre savvy, Hinata would at least see that this could be a very obvious murder plot on Souda's part.

Actually, the possibility does occur to Hinata:

orenronen posted:

Is it possible... that he's planning to...

No, he wouldn’t... not him. Of all the people here... he just wouldn’t. He's way too easygoing.

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.

TKMobile posted:

I can't remember where I read this, but the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon (yes, there was one) was *really* popular in South America well after its run in the earliest of the eighties.
Wait a minute, you mean it's that old? I was loving the hell of it back before I went to school! :psyduck:

Kinda have to wonder why Sonia invited only girls if she wants to cheer up everyone.

Tombolo
Oct 13, 2012

SingerOfW posted:

Kinda have to wonder why Sonia invited only girls if she wants to cheer up everyone.

I'd expect Mahiru to have something to do with that decision, myself.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Here are some links for people who want to learn more about Sonia's interests.

Taiyou ni Hoero! is difficult to find on Youtube. There are a ton of videos with people covering the theme tune on a guitar, but not much of the actual show. The only video I could find is this short clip, which isn't anything special.

Seibu Keisatsu is a different matter. Here's one of the opening sequences in all of its glory. If you click only one link in this post, choose this one.

There are a few full episodes of Abunai Deka on Youtube. Here's one. Now you can decide for yourself if you're a Taka or a Yuji person.

Every episode of Kimi no Hitomi o Taiho Suru is online, so here's episode 1. This one has a completely different vibe from the rest because it's a comedy - it seems like the Police Squad of Japanese television.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Or it's the other scenario, where Hinata, Souda and the girls are so distracted by the beach party that they return to the hotel to find a dead guy. With the alibi that the murderer has to be a guy, because when would any of the girls have time to slip out during the beach party?

Alternatively, Hinata and Souda could arrive at the diner like they planned, discover the body there, which would make them the main suspects for the trial.

Tombolo posted:

I'd expect Mahiru to have something to do with that decision, myself.

Yeah, I still don't know what her problem is. I don't especially see Sonia, Mikan, Saionji, Ibuki or Akane getting all wound up over hanging out on the beach with guys. Maybe Pekoyama backed her up? While she's not as up front about it as Koizumi, she definitely sees gender as a bid deal.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

orenronen posted:

Seibu Keisatsu is a different matter. Here's one of the opening sequences in all of its glory. If you click only one link in this post, choose this one.

This is so awesome. I would watch this over 90% of American cop shows from the same era.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This is so awesome. I would watch this over 90% of American cop shows from the same era.

Hell, I'd watch that over 90% of American cop shows from this era.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

orenronen posted:

I'm never going to watch a single episode of that, because it cannot possibly live up to the sheer awesome that is that opening sequence.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry

orenronen posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo :allears:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

orenronen posted:

I need to watch this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

orenronen posted:

So, it's the Japanese version of the A-Team?

Diamond Joe Biden
Dec 29, 2009

by Cowcaster

orenronen posted:

This is the best thing I have ever seen.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

orenronen posted:

Dead to Rights was a TV show in the 70s? :allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

orenronen posted:

Wait. They hired "not Bruce Lee" to fight criminals. This is the greatest thing ever and I hope that there are subtitles to these episodes.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

orenronen posted:

There are a few full episodes of Abunai Deka on Youtube. Here's one. Now you can decide for yourself if you're a Taka or a Yuji person.

Seibu Keisatsu's OP was awesome, but this was actually pretty cool too. "Namae wa?" "...James Dean."

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

orenronen posted:

Also featuring these explosions as themselves!

Falling Stars
Mar 22, 2013

When I think about helping everyone, I feel brave!
I don't know, I'm kind of looking forward to the next update! Beach stuff is always kind of fun. And I don't really mind fanservice all that much, I mean it's just... Girls in swimsuits, right? Not a big deal. I think Mikan's thing last chapter was different, but that's because it went from simple fanservice to just plain ridiculous.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009

Zeron posted:

As mentioned, Souda's been discounted as smart or capable because he's quick to jump to the wrong conclusions and his laid back facade crumbles easily.

On the other hand, he and Nidai have at least picked up the slack left by Togami in trying to be proactive against this whole "murder each other" business. Even if it's more in his own sense of self preservation and no one else's, even if it amounts to a barebones plan of "tie up Nagito and throw him some food every once in awhile", nobody else was stepping up to the plate.

But back to the first hand, he's still a simple kinda guy. I find it pretty in character that he feels a one part plan of trussing up the psycho will quell any more murderous attempts that could occur and he's now going back to enjoying the gently caress out of the tropical lifestyle. It doesn't strike me that he would stop to consider less obvious or subtle threats being a risk.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

orenronen posted:

This is basically every single American detective/investigator series from the '70s rolled into one. All that's missing is Jack Klugman.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 21, 2013

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...

Kay Kessler posted:

Alternatively, Hinata and Souda could arrive at the diner like they planned, discover the body there, which would make them the main suspects for the trial.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, are we still using the DR1 rule of 'Announcements are made when three people other than the murderer have seen the body'?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

SingerOfW posted:

The "cheer everyone up" bit was how Souda interpreted it, right? My guess is that she just wanted to hang out with the rest of the girls.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Madoushi posted:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, are we still using the DR1 rule of 'Announcements are made when three people other than the murderer have seen the body'?

I think that got mention in the last case, yeah.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

orenronen posted:

Okay, yeah, we need a DR spinoff in this vein :allears: Somebody suggest a Kickstarter to Spike.

Lamhirh
Sep 8, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Okay, yeah, we need a DR spinoff in this vein :allears: Somebody suggest a Kickstarter to Spike.

They're way ahead of you! What else would the Kirigiri novel be?

i300
Dec 30, 2012

There's something wrong with a 14-year old girl talking about all this sperm...
Edit: removed.

i300 fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jun 21, 2013

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

i300 posted:

It looks like DR and SDR2 are being ported to the Vita. No localization, though. That's probably too much to ask for.

I did ask not to discuss this on this thread. Doesn't seem like you bothered to read about it, though.

Also, do not go to the site if you want to remain completely unspoiled about DR2.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

orenronen posted:

Explosions, the opening.

It was great, it would actually make me watch this completely just for that video.

pidgeon
May 18, 2011

Jeek posted:

I would say that both the murderer and victim will be girls this time since there has not been one in DR1 (Junko murdering Ikusaba doesn't really count).

Sakura counts as a girl.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

pidgeon posted:

Sakura counts as a girl.

Sakura doesn't count as a murder!

pidgeon
May 18, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Sakura doesn't count as a murder!

The trial treated it as one. Oh well.

DR0 Question:

quote:

“My name is Yuuta Kamishiro, and I’m a student in Hope’s Peak Academy’s 77th class. Pleased to meet ‘ya.”
Is it Yuuto or Yuuta? I tried to google the name but it said it was Yuuto.

pidgeon fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Beautiful Ruin [Summer Salt]

...And we're off on our way to some fun at the beach!

Did I not tell you? All that I require is silence and callousness...
S...Sure...

Hey, Hinata! Just leave him alone, let's go...!

He looks lonely... but if he wants in he should just say so.

Moving on...

Beautiful Ruin

Finally, we're here!
Now all we have to do is sit tight and wait for the girls to show up!

But, is this plan going to work? It almost feels like we're stalking them...

So, when are they gonna show up? Surely your proficiency at accidental eavesdropping has allowed you to glean that much?

They said they'd wait ‘til the sun’s on its way down... 4 o'clock, I think it was.
But it's only 3 now... are you saying we have to wait an entire hour?!

Punctuality’s essential to a good plan!
Now you’re the early bird? Don’t you think your priorities are a little out of order?

Whatever. Just keep your eyes peeled.
What we don’t want is for Sonia-san to come by and head straight to the beach while we’re not paying attention.
We just gotta stay alert. You have to pass this diner if you want to go to the beach...

So let’s not screw this up! This is not a game!

It isn't? Could've fooled me.

Yep... I should've just held my ground and refused to come.

I sat at a table near the window, and sat looking blankly out of the window, my head propped up with both hands.

They coming? They here yet?
It's been 10 minutes, Souda.

Soon it was 20 minutes... and then 30.
With each minute, my regrets grew along with my boredom.

By the way, what kind of swimsuit you think Sonia-san’ll wear? She's a foreigner, so it’s gotta be a bikini, right?
Man... You know that space between the top and bottom of a bikini? It’s like... innocence... and fantasy... all mixed together... Isn’t it?
...It’s not like I can’t see where you’re coming from, but... no. I am not having this conversation.
...Wait, huh?

...I suddenly became aware of someone walking past the diner. But it was...

Huh? The hell’s he doin’ here...?
No idea. Let's go out and check.

We ran out of the diner and in front of the person outside.

Y...You!
Oh, I thought it was you, Kuzuryuu... What are you doing here?

I...I should ask you fuckers the same thing!

You’re prickly today, huh? Well, pricklier. What's with the big panic?

N...No one's in a panic! You trying to pick a fight, shithead?!

Oh, I see what’s goin’ on! You heard about my plan!

...P...Plan?

Don't try ‘n’ play dumb...
You figured out what we were up to... And then you figured you’d just follow us here, didn’t you?

Heeeey guuuuys! What're all of you doing here?!

This gathering's very suspicious!!

G...Good day! Um, fine weather we're having, uh...

I think the game glitched a little on me while recording (as it sometimes does when the video recording addon is active on the PSP), so pay no attention to the missing sky texture. This didn’t happen on my translation run.

I won't let you get away this time!!

Waaaaaah! I got too nervous again and said something weird!
D...Don't hate me! I'll take any punishment you want to give me!

Ah, haha... Fancy meeting you two here...
Um... What a coincidence that we all just so happened to meet right here in this place!

He's really bad at this.

To tell you the truth, Me and Hinata-kun over here were just about to go swimming. Just the two of us...

Oh? Could it be... that you were, too? Who’d have thought! Could this be fate?

Suspiciouser and suspiciouser! Your eyes are darting back and forth like they're fishes about to lay some eggs!

N...No... That's the way they always are... I'm always on alert, you see...

The hell you are!

Then, just as I was starting to wonder how much more ridiculous this charade could get...

...I suddenly noticed someone had disappeared.

...Huh? Where did Kuzuryuu go?

You two’re a bit on the early side, aren't you?
It's only 3:30... Isn't there still half an hour until your meeting time?

Um... how did you know we were going to meet here?

He even knows the time!

N...No... That's just...

Anyway, let's not forget that our meeting here is a lucky coincidence! How about we stick together?

Wow, he's switching to an aggressive strategy...

So that's your ulterior motive, huh? Your final target's Sonia-chan, right?

I...I really really don't want to be rude and refuse you, but...
...But, since it was Sonia-san who planned this event, we must ask her first...

Well then, can’t say fairer‘n that! It's shocking even to imagine Sonia-san refusing, so I won't!

I don't even know if what he said just then is optimistic or pessimistic.

Hey, how 'bout we go inside? Ibuki got a little hungry and that's why she's here early!

Right! Let's wait inside, then!

I'm worried about Kuzuryuu but... well, I guess I've come this far so there's no turning back.

After we went back into the diner, I took my seat next to the window again.

Sigh...!

I instinctively let out a big sigh.

By the way, what about your swimsuits? We're not allowed to change in that gorgeous beach house, remember?

Y...Yes... That's why I'm already wearing mine.

Today, there's no underwear under these clothes! There's a swimsuit!

Hah! Should’ve guessed! I did the same thing!
...Huh? You did?

Oh, that's right. You still don't have yours on, Hinata.
You’d better go to the bathroom and put it on, then!

Here you go.
W...What the hell is this thing?!

U...Um... I'm sorry for intruding, but...

This swimsuit's... a little too audacious!

It would be bad if something slips out, wouldn't it? If this was a live action movie, we'd be breaching the broadcast code!

Well, then, we’re fine! Who’d want to make a movie out of this?!
That's not the problem!

What the hell?! Too much into yourself to wear a matching swimsuit with me?!
You're wearing the same one?! In that case, never!

Sniff... I don't like fighting... Please stop...

Ooh, the atmosphere has grown violent. I hope the rest get here soon.

Mioda looked out the window in anticipation, when...

Huh?!
What is it?
Look, outside!

Is something going on out there...?

Isn't that... Saionji?
...And I got my hopes up and everything. Thought it’d be Sonia-san at last...
Does she look... strange... at all?
If Ibuki had to write a song about it, she'd call it "A Dash of Tears"!
Huh? It looks like she's running away from the beach. Did something happen?

Saionji ran past the diner at full speed as we contemplated those questions.

She's already gone... Isn't she coming to the beach party?

Um... It seems she can't swim, so she refused the invitation...

But... didn't she just come from the beach?

I...I'm sorry... I don’t know enough to answer those questions...

Well, let's just call it "a woman's unpredictability" and leave it at that. And she's not the only one!

Ibuki was certain Mahiru-chan was going to come, but she refused too. That sure was unexpected!
Mahiru... You're talking about Koizumi, right? She's not coming?
That's strange. This event seems right up her alley. Frankly, I’m surprised it wasn’t her idea in the first place..

Well, nothing we can do about it! Seems she's not feeling too well!

Um... I'm sorry to raise the topic again, but... why do you think Saionji-san was crying?
How should we know...?

But... she was crying while running away from the beach...

...Something's not right, that's for sure.

Speaking of...

...When did you get here?

Music fades out

Souda suddenly raised his voice and turned to look at the diner's entrance.

And when I looked over there as well...

Beautiful Days [Piano Arrange]

Awww. I was sure I'd be the first one here, since I'm so early.

...I soon found my eyes transfixed.

Whoa! You came already in your swimsuit, Chiaki-chan?!
Otherwise, it would just become luggage later, wouldn't it? That would be... a disaster.

That's... taking it just a little bit too seriously...

You say that... and yet you still have that backpack of yours on, and that box in your hand.
I thought it would be fun to eat lunch together... so I brought ice cream for everyone.
Um... I don't mean to be negative, but...
But... I don't think you should replace a proper lunch with ice cream...
I also thought we should all play together at the beach... so I brought some board games!
Ibuki passes! There are things to do in the ocean that are much more fun!
Oh. That's too bad...

But, how should I put it...
That's hotness where you least expect it, right?!
Y'know, when meek girls put on a daring swimsuit, it's the greatest thing in the world! Know what I’m saying, Hinata?
No... Um, I mean...

I attempted to rebuke Souda, but for some reason my heartbeat grew faster by the second.

Also... those are much larger than I expected from Nanami...

...Larger?

T...That wasn't me! Hinata said it! He's the pervert!
What the hell?!

Besides, I’ve only got eyes for Sonia-san! It's always been my dream to date a gorgeous blonde woman!

This swimsuit may be too small for me... But it was the only one that fit.
...Does it make me look bad?
...Huh?
No... I, um... I think it fits you very well...

Oh, that's great! ...I think.

Wohoooo! That sure's one daring bikini! A white one, so you score even more!
It makes Ibuki's heart go beyond thump thump and into the boom boom level! It's so loud it might go out of order!
That's probably just arrhythmia...
H...Hey... Sorry I'm late...

We turned to see the newcomer, who slowly opened the diner's door and entered...

Y...Yo...! Have you... been... waiting long...?
Eeeeeek! Owari-san?! W...What happened?!
W...What? I...Is something... wrong? I even... wore a swimsuit, like you wanted...
...That's not it! You're wounded!!
R...Right now someone could give you a nickname like "Miss Bloody" and it wouldn't be inappropriate!
O...Oh, that thing...
I just ran into him on the way here. Ol' man Nidai, I mean...
What was I supposed to do, not fight him?!

I... don't see how that follows.

Are you sure you're alright? Somehow... it looks like your head is broken in half!
I'll just rub some saliva on it and it'll get all better, right?
Saliva isn't some magical healing lotion, y'know!
Heh heh... but, it was really exciting! I can't believe such a strong person is on this island with me...!

A...Anyway, you need some first-aid treatment! We don't want the wounds to get infected...!
Owari-san, come with me!!

With more insistence than I would’ve expected from her, Tsumiki dragged Owari into the bathroom.

Huh... guess she really is a "Super High-school Level Nurse"... Well, least we know Owari's in good hands...
...What is going on? You are all very loud.

...Oh? Who is it now?

...Hm?
Souda and Hinata... Why are you two here?
What's up with you? You seem out of breath...
...I went to take a quick swim.
You were swimming...?
I spent three hours swimming around the island.
It's going to be the lamest comeback ever but Ibuki's making it anyway! That's not "quick" at all!
But... why’d you go swimming already? That’s what we’re here for! To swim!
I wasn't swimming for fun. I was attempting to reach the other islands via the ocean.
...Eh?
But, no matter how far I swam I could not find them anywhere. It seems leaving this island by sea is going to be difficult.
I wouldn't call it difficult... Swimming for three hours and not finding the islands we know are there? That's impossible...
Yes, you may be right...

Hey, Hinata...
...Hm? What is it?

Wet, straight-back hair's not such a bad thing, y'know what I mean?

Plus, that body of hers is awfully shocking!

Lately, the young women of Japan are developing splendidly! Is this a proclamation of war against the women of the world?
Very well! Ibuki shall use technology to get on even ground! Silicon, go!
You are making no sense.

Anyway, most of us’re here now, and it's past the 4 o'clock meeting time...
Which means, all that's left is for the main event to...

...Ah! I apologize for being so late.

WHAAAAAAAAAAA! SONIA-SAN'S HERE!

Amazing how his attitude can swing 180 degrees in a single second!

Music stops

Right! Now's the time! I finally see what kind of sexy swimsuit Sonia-san's in!!

Re: Junk Food for a Dashing Youth

Gyaaa! A wetsuit?!
It's a measure against sunburns. It wouldn’t do to have my skin damaged.
But, I have never wore a wet suit before, so it took me some time to put it on. That's why I'm late.
...Sooorryyy.

Beautiful Days [Piano Arrange]

I see... A wetsuit...
Well, she does have to protect that pure white skin of hers...

But those curves under the wet suit sure are amazing! As expected from a 100% pure princess!

That guy... sure can recover fast.

Um... By the way, what are you two doing here?

...Well, you know, Sonia-san...

If I may be straightforward, please let us join your beach party!

Um... This was supposed to be a girls-only event so we could deepen our friendship without too much worry...

Please! I'll do anything!!

There’s no harm in it, is there? It's not such a big deal if the guys are there too.

That may be so... I suppose that since you're already here, it would be rude to send you back.

You're so kind, Sonia-san...!

Right! Now that that’s settled, let's do this!
But, Owari's still in the bathroom with Tsumiki...

Shut up! You trying to ruin my mood?! I...I'll go up ahead and make preparations!
I can set up some parasols, and get some drinks for everyone...

We're gonna have fun today! I'll put my heart and soul into making sure of that!!

Souda ran out of the diner, full of extraordinary energy.

U...Um...

I'm surrounded by girls wearing swimsuits. That's... uncomfortable.

I...I think I'll go help him...

I made the first excuse I could think of and left the diner as if narrowly escaping a deathtrap.

Beautiful Ruin

Music stops

* ding dong ding dong *

Huh...?
That was... was that...?
No way!

A body has been discovered!
After a short period of investigation, we will start a "school trial"!

A...A body...?
N...No way!! He’s messing with us!!

S...Someone! Anyone...!
COME QUIIIIIIIIIIICK!!

...!

Tropical Despair

That was... Souda's voice just now!

...I...It came from somewhere nearby!

Did it... come from inside the beach house...?

I grabbed the doorknob, my hands shaking.

Then, I twisted it and tried opening the door, but...

* rattle rattle *

...It won't open?

It... doesn't feel like it's locked. I think there's something blocking the door...

...What's going on?

I guess we have to use the other door.

Souda's scream... I'm sure it came from inside the house!

No, there's nothing to be nervous about...

No reason to be scared. No reason at all.

I won't believe it...! That announcement was just a trick...!

It can't be real... How can it be?

Who'd ever believe such a thing?!!

I tried to convince myself by speaking the words out loud, and then stepped vigorously into the beach house.

Music fades out

I... won't... believe it...

The moment I entered the beach house...

My certainty... was shattered.

Mahiru Koizumi (Youtube via Polsy)

If this is a dream...
It must mean I've just fallen asleep at some point.

But, if this is reality...
Then why is Koizumi lying on the floor, covered in blood?

I... couldn't understand what was happening in front of my eyes...

I couldn't believe any of it.

Chapter 2
Crime and Coconuts, Punishment and Piña Coladas
(Ab)normal days (end)

• Locked thread