Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
There sure are quite a few... parallels to DR1 characters in the cast here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
The title screen discussion came up about a million times in the old topic, and yes it's random. Here:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Brannock posted:

Why are all the reds incredibly pixelated?

I'm assuming this is a YV12 colorspace issue, which would mean oren records his game footage at 1x in YV12. Don't do that. Either record at native with RGB, or record at 2x.

kirbysuperstar posted:

It happens. Red doesn't compress as well as other colours. If you've used a Wii U, you'll notice that Mario's clothes are much like that whereas Luigi and the Toads look fine. I really really really don't think it's a hidden thing about DR2's story.

PNG is lossless, so this shouldn't happen just due to image compression -- except, of course, if my YV12 guess is correct.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I still think that t-this is a much better way to denote s-stuttering than ellipses.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Rawkking posted:

On the DR1 English backwards Leon spelling, the explanation I heard that seems to make the most sense is that while anybody who's been through Japan's educational system can read English, it's perhaps not as automatically obvious as it is to someone who expects words to be written in English all the time (like Americans), especially when it's written backwards. So it was supposed to be figured out with not too much difficulty, but it probably wasn't to the same "are you making GBS threads me?" level of seemingly dumb that it was to English speakers.

We've been through this a million times; No, it's as obvious to the Japanese people as it is to us. The first game was simply not good at writing mysteries.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

That investigation song is extremely awesome, Gundam was amazing in this update, and yet... god dammit Dangan Ronpa 2! How could that possibly be relevant to the case at hand?!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

slowbeef posted:

Yeah, if it's easily available on Amazon (i.e. not through a reseller who'll charge like crazy amounts), it's not cool to post. Sorry.

Amazon.co.jp though -- this one -- which apparently is completely incompatible with my Amazon.com account that works on every other Amazon site.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I never thought I'd see the day that slowbeef would be willing to put in the time and effort to make a written Retsupurae.

You might want to search for that "purest form of let's play is a hybrid LP" Mega Man Zero thread.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

HelloWinter posted:

Actually, I think the artist just has a bit of trouble understanding how perspective works. Hence the tree trunk legs.

I'm not entirely sure about that, since if you check Mahiru's DR2 art it's the exact same issue, just less prominent.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

How is what he posted a spoiler?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Fun fact, the config files for the monomi minigame are just simple CSV files.

spoilers in katakana

It's probably really easy to make a romhack of this, indeed.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 5, 2013

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

It is a pretty bad minigame. I got bored with it before I even reached the first boss. Great premise, sure, but terrible implementation.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Anatharon posted:

Admiral Curtiss, you hadn't added me on Skype yet, is there another way to contact you?

Wrong thread, but I did actually, unless there's somehow two "slanash" on Skype?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Anatharon posted:

Two As. "Slaanash"

Also the other DR thread is closed.

Well I did find someone with that name however he has yet to reply to my contact request either.

Let's make this easier, just mail me at pikachu025 at gmail.com and we'll figure something out.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Green Intern posted:

I am seriously hoping someone dies rather than fanservice happening.

What about both?

...Maybe even at the same time?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Dragoon Cody posted:

A few people have been talking about tiny splotches on the closet screen so here's a blown-up version if it helps.

There's a few splotches around (on the surfboard and the flotation devices) but I think that's just design, not blood. The only thing I can see that's of note here (apart from the gummi) is that this room seems to be the place that you get full-body wetsuits from, which could mean Sonia was around here around the time of the murder.

There isn't anything.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

orenronen posted:

That's also why I never put any DR-related keywords in the titles of this LP's videos. So, unless Youtube starts recommending videos based on visual content, you should be fine.

I dunno if this is true but I believe Youtube also uses filenames of uploaded videos to search for suggestions, so make sure that can't be traced back to DR either.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But they already had it translated like that with "Super Duper Nasty Torture".

As a rule, you should never take any English in a Japanese-language product for perfect and valid. Many Japanese people do not speak English very well, and as a result a lot of the English used in games and similar is just there 'because it sounds/looks cool'.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Could you elaborate on that evidence or are you just blindly guessing here?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Sticky threads exist for a reason.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3566254

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

CandyCrazy posted:

Is Peko really that obvious, or could this be a repeat of Hanamura's situation where something extremely subtle to a normal player becomes glaringly obvious in the LP format? It seems like it would be really easy to forget that Peko showed up to the diner wet, or that she knew about Kirakira, just like it would be really easy to forget that Hanamura wasn't in the party hall when the lights came back on. Her doggedly pointing at Saionji might not be as odd when you aren't analyzing her every move for suspicious behavior, and her Counterargument Showdown was close enough to the "Choose a Person" phase that it was probably there to help guide the player in her direction.

I dunno how it was for most players, but I remember getting to this "choose a person!" section and having no loving idea who the game wanted me to pick. I think I accused like half the cast before I got the right one.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

We've been over this. A shinai is a bamboo sword.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I'm amazed only a single person (as far as I saw) caught this:

maketakunai posted:

Well, we still don't know if she actually is Kirakira. She was fishing for Kirakira info from Sonia and then word-for-word copies exactly what Sonia said Kirakira's catchphase was - even though Sonia says she had to translate the catchphrase. :shobon:

We would have been spared pages upon pages of dumb speculation if someone had noticed that earlier, and/or if people actually acknowledged maketakunai's post.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

loquacius posted:

What happens if you choose the wrong person at the "CHOOSE A CULPRIT" phase, anyway? Anything interesting, or just, like, a stock reaction shot of someone going "Eh? What? Really?" followed by Hinata saying "on second thought, maybe not" and some points being lost?

Personally speaking I'd probably accidentally make Hinata accuse himself every time from mashing the X button too fast :saddowns:

They have a couple different lines depending on who you accuse and when, but yeah, you just go back to the selection.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Are you guys seriously attempting to guess the victim and culprit one update into chapter 3? Please. Stop it.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

The joke was run into the ground about ten posts ago, please just stop.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Slowbeef posted:

Does that mean you can reload a save, get a Hope Shard you missed, and it's still around when you go back to where you were previously?

Yes, you could totally do that. I wouldn't recommend it though, the game will force you to replay part of the plot to get back to the free time section, and there's a much better way to get the shards.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 31, 2013

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Podima posted:

I'm actually guessing that's intact from the original, given Japan's love of weird pop culture references.

It's http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%93%E3%81%BE%E3%81%A9%E3%82%8A%E5%A7%89%E5%A6%B9 as far as I can tell.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

orenronen posted:

There's so much to investigate in this room... Next time.

Fun fact: This first room of the investigation has by far the biggest filesize of all script files in the game.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Kinda cross-posting from the DR games thread, but let's play a game: Which is from which version of the game? (Dangan Ronpa 1 Chapter 2 spoilers)

Answer:

In order: Japanese original, Zetsubou's PSP patch, official English Vita version, HelloWinter's edit for our cancelled patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

• Locked thread