Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

What I'm finding interesting with this investigation so far is that we don't have much of anyone blatantly having blame thrown at them. Most, if not all, of the cases in the first game had someone set up as the murderer and then we almost first prove it's not them. Example, the first case and the double murder case. But so far in this game only Souda is saying "I think it's Peko."
Then again, maybe it's just everyone still hoping that it wasn't one of them who did it. Ultimatly I'm just happy to see this game is taking things in a different direction rather than just continuing where they left off with murder and suspects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Nagito is definately looking more and more suspicious as it goes, at the very least he seems very eager to make everyone give up. Maybe he really would rather die trusting everyone than figure out who the culprit is, but if that was the case then why would he have helped search for clues at all.
Evidence still seems to point to our resident chef though so I feel it's more likely to be him in the end.
Considering it looks like we'll be suspecting Nagito the blackouts exchange for him and Togami seem to match up to previous predictions

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Considering the first game had us deal with a serial killer as a classmate. Wouldn't it be just as possible that Hinata this time around was actually Kirakira? He has no memory at all of his talent and we know he did at least something questionable to get into the school, though we do not know what it is. I'm only saying because if we need someone in the class to be this person ala Genocider Syo, it makes sense to me that it would be the main character who has lost more memory, if there is a memory wipe, than the other classmates.

I'm not saying that Hinata was the killer this time. I'm still leaning more on Peko considering that she was most likely the closest around there. But I think to have a main character, in this game, with amnesia like this will need to be more of a twist than Kirigiri's in the previous game.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Popo posted:

Hinata being Kirakira would be kind of terrible though. At least if the game also keeps him a good guy.
The game is all about killing being a rather horrible act (wimps), so horrible that the characters even feel bad when one of their classmates who has killed someone gets killed themselves. Having the hero be someone who has killed would almost require him to suffer some kind of punishment. I don't see how the game can have had him kill people in the past and keep him as a hero.

But it would also fit the idea brought up in the thread before about all this being a punishment for them Despair Group. It could be that this is a way to get revenge on the bad guys, or show them the horribleness that is murder.

It's true it would be tough to keep him a hero but reconcile isn't too bad. And it's not like non hero main characters have never been made before.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Was it ever mentioned that Koizumi dyed her hair?

I imagine it could be a simple overlook if it was an early idea for her to have a different colour of hair. But that's stretching it quite a bit.

Considering no reaction from Hinata however makes me think that it isn't too unusual that she didn't have red hair in the photo.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Everything is murder but disease? How would you apply that for some things? Like, what if someone just accidentally slips off a ladder and breaks their neck? Is the guy who brought the ladder from the supermarket deemed the murderer?

It'd probably be dealt with the same way the Suicide was in the first game.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I thought that it was really weird that the game revealed almost immediately the idea of having their memories erased. Knowing it was a big plot point in the first game I thought it would again come in later. Then when they revealed it I thought, "Hey, that's kinda odd to say right away. Maybe this time it will be that they haven't had memories erased and this really is the first time they've met." I realize that that would be kind of a waste because what would be the fun of just having random strangers kill each other. The reason it's such a big deal is because they were friends who are now killing each other. But now that we have these photos it's basically true that they did go to school together. So now the question is. What is this games big plot twist? I guess it would have to do with the island but still. It would have to be something bigger than "Surprise, you've all been killing your friends." I know we have the one about who wasn't supposed to be here but their has to be more than that.

On a side note. I think it would have been even more despair inducing if before the execution, monobear gave back the memories to the killers. Where they then realize that they just killed a friend they've had for 2 years to then be sent to death themselves.
edit>> I guess that's the point of telling them right away that their memories were erased but it's not as big an impact.

On another side note, I wonder if we will ever get to see what regular school life was like for this and the regular cast. It'd be interesting to see how their personalities may be different when they don't have to worry about being killed by someone.

Warmal fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 19, 2013

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I feel like if someone did just go out to murder everyone Monobear could just come up with a more despair inducing thing for fun for our sole survivor though. Such as "this was all fake, but YOU killed all your friends for real, so... good job on that one" kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I still am not sure who the culprit is, but some of this seems pretty obvious.

Saiyonji was supposed to meet Koizumi at the beach house and someone found out, made a fake note to tell Koizumi to go early, killed her, left a gummy we already have evidence that Saiyonji doesn't eat to frame her. That much I'm sure is true.

• Locked thread