Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
This thread was posted literally the second I had to leave for work this morning so I had to wait until now to read it.

Good show on the despair right from the get go, orenronen. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

slowbeef posted:

You're right, that is weird. I think they all sorta woke up inside, and Fatgami seems to confirm it... except he previously says "Why don't you come into the room?" which would mean, yeah, our hero was already outside when he said that?

Fatgami is Monobear wearing Togami's skin like a suit, which both explains why he's so fat and why he beckons our new protagonist inside. :ms:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The soundtrack continues to deliver! :syoon:

And... and that is Togami!? :psyduck:

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Dec 12, 2012

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I guess I'm the minority in that I'm not bothered by Usami's speech at all. I mean, that's her character. She's supposed to sound cutesy and annoying and her dialog is still easy to read. It's not like everyone has some illegible accent like Chrono Cross or something.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Gundam is completely unhinged. This is fantastic. Maybe between his four Dark Gods of Destruction and Souda's mechanical expertise they can make a hamster powered engine and fly home!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Frances York Morgan is exceptionally rude. :mad:
He's like small dogs that bark all the time like they have something to prove instead of bigger dogs that are totally chill because they have body weight to back them up.

Mahiru seems almost too normal a person for this bunch. She could be the next Aoi, making it until the end or she could bite it early on with a personality like that.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
All those people worried about too many overbearing characters can relax a little, I think. These two ladies seem pretty chill.

Chiaki speaks for the goons. I too love games and hate alarm clocks.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Redmark posted:

I hope that she's going to be a "when she says something you know it's important" kind of character, rather than a "... ... ..." mopey kind of character.

She doesn't seem mopey to me, just introverted and probably a little spacey.

So, you know. Us. :negative:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Radian Angle posted:

*Tress Bien Music*

If he was Jean Armstrong, I don't think he'd be asking about Peko...

So yeah, SHSL Creeper kinda came out of nowhere. I was not expecting that personality from a prawn haired Pillsbury Doughboy. I also think the fire in his character art is a grease fire caused from him combing his hair over open flame.

Our princess seems far too nice and naive to stay alive for long, I fear.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Interesting choice to split the cast up like that.

Here's to hoping everyone not swimming is on Team Monobear to face off against Team Usami in a Hope vs. Despair Deathmatch! :black101:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
How did that amazing opening theme from the first game get even better in this one?

I love how Monobear is starting things out with a bang. Part of me hopes Monomi stays dead just to make her a completely pointless pysche-out addition but another part wants her back solely so her theme plays again. I really, really like Masafumi Takada's stuff.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

orenronen posted:

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, poo poo WELL! THERE’S YOUR ANSWER!!

They should make greeting cards like this.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Gundam and his cute little hamsters are an obvious choice. I'll throw in a vote for Peko too.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

You know, seeing Monobear in that suit reminds me of another currently running LP...

Look, it's my serial killer's badge!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

The bomb explodes and it turns out to be full of confetti.

Turns out it's just a big ball counting down to the new year and all it does is drop. That's why they have to collect those friendship shards. They have to kiss whoever they have the most with when the timer hits zero.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Peko's the only one to have supposedly seen Kuzuryuu and is now taking off with all the dangerous items to "guard" them. The game is just screaming that she's the killer and there isn't even a body on screen yet. The bathroom is "occupied", huh?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The biggest mystery to me is still who's occupying the bathroom crapper. If Togami's dead under the table, who's dead in there? Someone has to be dead in there, or at least searching the toilet like a man would. They couldn't have a double murder for the very first killing, could they?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

orenronen posted:

Yes! All hail Ibuki! Time for my prize!
--Ow! She actually bit me!

We're going to have were-Ibukis on the loose.

I hope we check up on Peko next update. Sounds like someone's trying to keep her quiet with food poisoning. Come to think of it, I wonder if she had something our toilet-seeking Coach did.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Oh, thanks, I needed that just before bed.

I'm also really hoping he's not the murderer, just to see how the rest of them have to deal with Komaeda now that the cheese has slipped off his cracker.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

orenronen posted:

Ah! When Ibuki crosses her eyes everyone here doubles!

Never change, Ibuki. :allears:

This is a really good opening case; absolutely head and shoulders above the first case of DR1. Even the cast is better as a whole since they're all entering the discussion and making better use of their individual talents.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

likecnsnnts posted:

Splinter Cellulite

I had this exact image all up in Photoshop ready to post after I finished the update but you beat me to it and added the only possible tag line. That picture is incredible.

I'll probably be out voted, but I don't think I want to spend any of our free time with Komaeda now... :ohdear:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Orfeo posted:

Why should we trust a suspicious cook in this thread? :colbert:

I was just under the floorboards to look up dresses while I was on my anime robot period, honest!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

death .cab for qt posted:

I believe this is just Nadai trying to be very agreeable and nonchalant because he's trying to hide something

Believe what you want, but I choose to believe he's just a cool guy and easy to get along with as long as he doesn't need to motivate you with extreme yelling.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

RefinedUndefined posted:

I'd kill for a Dangan Ronpa deck of cards.

A lot of good that would do you when we figure out you're the culprit. :colbert:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
We're here to have a peaceful tropical vacation and makes friends, aren't we? I say we make our little bunny pet as happy as possible.

orenronen posted:

We might all turn into sheep at some point, too.

It is the killer. Do not die.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

yaoi prophet posted:

Have you ever thought "I want to hear Gundam's VA singing One Jump Ahead from Aladdin"? Well, you're in luck.

This is where we get fanart of Gundam leaping from rooftop to rooftop with his hamsters all dressed like Abu, right?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rhonne posted:

It kind of looks like everything from the her shoulders up is just in black and white.

Makes me think that maybe it was some screen effect that was just captured mid-pass by the screenshot or something. That, or she was a brunette and dyed her hair red and that's somehow important.

So I'm assuming the footprints are Saioji's and she bolted after discovering the body by herself which was why we saw her running past the fan service locale. Perhaps it was actually an accident and she was only planning to brain Souda for peeking but hit Koizumi without seeing who it really was shuffling around. Too early to say at this point.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

JT Jag posted:

This is kind of what I'm thinking too. And Nidai strikes me as the type who would be tactless enough to go around the island with a bat just looking for people to crack over the head. Woops, that person didn't work, time to try someone else.

There's still the matter of the mask, though:

Nidai doesn't strike me of the type to wear a mask like that at all, let alone to hide his identity, especially since his physique is more than enough of a give away. The alternative is that our victim was wearing that mask instead and scared the murderer into attacking. Why she would be wearing it, I have no idea, but since there's no blood splatter on the front of it there's a good possibility.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Bifauxnen posted:

I think I like this even better than the Nidai playing whack-a-mole theory.

I almost want it to be true just so we can see it illustrated in the climax interface at the end.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Son Conan posted:

No, Hinata, the Super High-School Level Gamer was completely unable to beat the game :doh:.

I wonder if Nanami smack talks on Xbox Live or if her "super" status means she's the only high schooler who refrains.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

CandyCrazy posted:

More importantly though, Phoenix Wright reference.

Indeed. :allears:

Peko sounds suspicious, but as others have said, it would be pretty stupid of her to shift blame when it's not even on her in the first place. If it really is Sonia as the murderer, this Kirakira talk in the next update should pin her down.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Who would Peko's accomplice be if not a threatened Saionji, though?

If Peko was Kuzuryuu's accomplice, that would explain her shifting the blame onto Saionji. She would be protecting the both of them, not just some unrelated party.

EDIT: Not Nidai. Totally copied the wrong name.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 18, 2013

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

HMS Boromir posted:

I remind you that the mastermind of the first game was guessed early on in the form of a dumb meme. The thread will always make up the stupidest things and have them end up right.

Part of me believes Dangan Ronpa isn't even really a game and orenronen is just having a laugh at us. He reads all our stupid theories and quickly writes everything out to make the worst ideas real. Then HelloWinter draws all the art to make it more believable. This whole thread is just one messed up Choose Your Own Adventure and we don't even know what our choices are.

We've already selected a culprit, but I want to know what Kuzuryuu's problem is. He's willing to go down with the S.S. Pekoyama for some reason and there's still the matter of his envelope. What's your deal, Baby Face?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Calaveron posted:

I forget, did Monobear already specify that accomplices are also executed? Maybe he's trying to save his own bacon here.

Exactly the opposite. An accomplice has absolutely nothing to gain from aiding the killer, because only the killer graduates/is executed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Are those Fritos Flavor Twists stabbed in there!? :gonk:

• Locked thread