Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dragonatrix posted:

Well, Togami did make it clear in DR1 that he's part of the DR-Illuminati and all, so I'm thinking he might just be a clone that was made before the Most Despairing Event.

Makes as much sense as anything else, at least.
So, Super High-School Level Mark Vorkosigan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Exercu posted:

Wait. Why is the name of the song "Miss Monomi's Practice Lesson", when she calls herself Usami? Something is fishy.
You saw the two-toned rabbit in the title screen bits next to Monobear, right? Usami is obviously her magical girl form, while Monomi is her "normal" form.

Gally posted:

If anybody is reading this thread before they read the DR1 thread and they get spoiled that is their own drat fault.
You just want an excuse to post here with that avatar without problems. :v: (I agree, though)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I feel like I should point out Usami/Monomi is almost certainly being controlled by somebody who doesn't normally talk like that, like in DR1, so her being inconsistent about her speech pattern is perfectly fitting.

(Unless her controller DOES talk like that normally or she's an AI or something in which case, uh, :shrug: Downside of not being familiar with the entire script before translating I guess.)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

... Okay. I'm reading this correctly, right? His "Four Dark Gods of Destruction" are... those hamsters?

:psyduck:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I suspect her journal is less accurate than she thinks it is. Possibly Matsuda is tampering with it for experimental reasons or something.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dr. Notadoctor posted:

also because I'm assuming you still use monobear coins in this game. (Unless getting the 100 monobear coins by transferring your save file was a fake-out/joke. Which I wouldn't totally rule out.)
God drat it people.

The first loving picture of the first loving update posted:

LOOK. MONOBEAR. RIGHT loving THERE. :arghfist::doh:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dragoon Cody posted:

Now there's an impressive collection. Lot of Nintendo going on there for a Sony exclusive.
What kind of SHSL gamer would be without any major console/handheld? And Nintendo has made more of those than anybody else (I think), so...

Zellus posted:

It might also be a Saturn.

I'm guessing the artist wasn't a big Sega fan since he only put two of their systems on their.
Oh, hm. You're right, where's the Dreamcast? :argh:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Gally posted:

Too bad there's not some sort of bra that is suitable for sports or anything.

A 'physical activity support undergarment' or something of that nature.

There'd probably be a huge market for that.
Yeah. Shame. Maybe I should look into developing one, I could use the money.

orenronen posted:

I am a vewy elusive bunny wabbit! I can appear anywhere and everywhere on this island!

It's all thanks to my Magical Stick!

”Magical Stick”... that ridiculous toy she’s holding?
Is there a reason this wasn't translated as "Magic Wand" or "Magic Staff"?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Well, I guess my minor quibble about "Wand" vs "Stick" was unfounded. I heard Monomi actually say "Stick" during one of those dialogue bits so... yeah. Stick it is. :shepface:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fishbait posted:

Sincerely hoping that this gets used, seeing as it's awesome and both threads have provided a ton of worthy targets.
Yes, except we've had one person openly indicate they actually want it, so-

Author-Man posted:

This is amazing and I kind of want one.
... two people actually want it, so it apparently wouldn't work very well as a punishment.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I think the most important question here is: The "CV:" bits are the SHSL trait for that character, right?

What did Hinata's say?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ekusukariba posted:

CV is Character Voice
Oh. :geno: Never mind then.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Gensuki posted:

Hinata, what are you so happy about :raise:

Clearly this is a hint that Hinata actually is the traitor! :tinfoil:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Okay let's see. Only Pekoyama and Owari ate anything. Pekoyama is having digestive distress, presuemably from the food. (Owari is apparently not human so she's fine.) Nidai is also having distress.

I think Nidai stole some food before the party started. Either he stole the skewer or his testimony will be important for determining when the skewer went missing.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Spatula City posted:

Again, I don't think there's any proof Peko got food poisoning from the food she ate, and myself and several others have pointed out there doesn't seem to have been a window of opportunity for anyone to poison her food.
You can get food poisoning without anybody intentionally contaminating the food. Nobody's actually eaten any except Pekoyama, the dead guy, the SHSL Werewolf, and if my suspicions are correct, Nidai while nobody was looking.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ratoslov posted:

If it's food poisoning, as in 'poorly cooked food', there's all sorts of ways Owari could have avoided food poisoning while everyone else who touched it got sick. She could have simply not eaten the vector food, picking other stuff to gorge on. She could have a naturally high resistance to food poisoning. Or she could be taking strong antibiotics for some other illness.
Or something in the ingredients Hanamura missed. I suspect the cow he had killed for it wasn't entirely healthy.

... Wait, hang on, weren't there no cows before Usami showed up with her magic stick to fix that? I know I wouldn't eat something that wasn't a cow a couple days ago because a rabbit puppet waved a stick at it to make it start being a cow. :barf:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

asymmetrical posted:

Well now that you've said that, all I want is this game to turn into Japanese anime Snatcher.
... so... Snatcher? :confused:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Krinkle posted:

Has nothing to do with anything, just a Japanese video game of the movie blade runner. A snatcher meant they were a T-1000 underneath some fake skin so if the song title indicated Nagito was a snatcher that would be a spoiler I guess?
My point was that "Japanese Anime Snatcher" already exists: It's called Snatcher.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Why is how tall somebody is relevant to them moving around in the crawlspace? :raise:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

... Is it just me or was that execution significantly less physically possible than anything in the first game, even if you ignore that volcanoes don't work that way? Summoning a giant flour bomb out of thin air somehow and so on. Monobear seems to be outright magic this time around.

Plus Monomi literally turning a farm animal into a cow before our characters' eyes and there's something really weird going on here.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DaveWoo posted:

Less realistic than Mondo being turned into butter? :raise:
He got obscured during that, there might have been something going on there.

Monobear just straight up pulled a bomb bigger than his helicopter out of thin air somehow in this one.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

antonekens posted:

But on the other hand, I'm not really sure exactly what a person falling into liquid-hot magma is supposed to actually look like.
They'd burst into flames.

... And then hit the lava. And probably wouldn't sink into it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kangra posted:

I almost think we need some reference explanation to point to for what "Super High School Level" means. It is not [Super] [[High School] Level], i.e. an extreme level for a high school student. It's the result of a not quite-translatable pun, which I think orenronen explained in the DR1 thread. It's more like 'Super High Level' mixed with 'High School'. So they're in high school, but their talents are (supposed to be) ridiculously advanced by anyone's standards, not just for high school students.
Orenronen stated in the first thread that you can basically consider an SHSL talent a superpower. SHSL Programmer used a crappy laptop and coded a working AI? Sure, because their superpower is Being Good At Programming.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

orenronen posted:

Are you guys ever going to not fall for this?
Maybe I want to see what the game says when you try. :colbert:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Poulpe posted:

Hah, very nice. Reminds me a lot of Pictures For Sad Children. I actually thought it was a frame out of it at first glance.
That would be becuase it, uh. Is. Slightly edited but still.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

JT Jag posted:

Everything is murder but disease? How would you apply that for some things? Like, what if someone just accidentally slips off a ladder and breaks their neck? Is the guy who brought the ladder from the supermarket deemed the murderer?
I think they just need to determine that it was an accident, otherwise they lose the trial and die.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Seshoho Cian posted:

I'm amused at all this "Something Awful is the only safe place to read Dangan Ronpa™" talk, while there are currently two banner ads that spoil DR1.

On an unrelated note, more pictures for sad students.

It's more the least unsafe place.

Also keep it up.

EDIT: Also might I suggest "pictures for dead students"?

Zereth fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jul 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

LukanFox posted:

Er, warning duly noted. I'll just have to keep a lid on my language from now on.
The word you were looking for was "gently caress".

• Locked thread