Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Defiance Industries posted:

Later in that issue, he actually gets jealous of the tiny version of himself and decides to kill it. He sets up an extremely deadly industrial accident in which the tiny Superman dies saving him. In the end Superman gets everything he wants without learning anything, which is the best kind of story.

Superman really is a dick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I believe there are two masks that Clark wears. There is Superman, and Clark Kent mild mannered reporter. Clark can be his real self when chilling at ma and pa's place in Smallville.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

James Woods Fan posted:

The film looks great but I am a tad disappointed in the rubbery look during the flight scenes. Ten years after Reloaded and we're still not there.

Are you seriously kidding me? Some people just want to be that guy who moaned first just to say 'I called it first'.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

Could be worse. When I was 10, Superman IV came out. :negative:

I was five when my Dad took me to see Superman The Movie (he was awesome, took me to see Star Wars too when it came out, these films made me into the nerd I m today).
I believed a man could fly so much, my five year old self tried to fly from the top of the dustbin the next day. Chin meet concrete. I have a SuperScar on my chin that refuses to grow hair so I am to remain beardless or goateeless for all my days.

I have entertained many people in my life telling them how I got that scar.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 19, 2013

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

That Italian Guy posted:

So it's just a "coat of arms" thing that looks suspiciously like an "S".

Basically this. If his Family Crest happened to look like an 'M' I guess he would be dubbed Mighty-Man and so forth.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Or it could be something as simple as like when people find a new planet they would wear some kind of space suit to protect themselves until someone decides they can breath the local air and take their helmet off, ala Prometheus.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

935 posted:

Could anyone else do without laser eyes? For me it's on the same level as frost breath and telekinesis, in that if I never see them in a big budget superman movie again I'd be happy.

Im with you man, and whats with the flying? Leave that poo poo to others. I can do without my Superman being well you know.... super.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

computer parts posted:

Sinestro was the best part of Green Lantern ( or one of the best).

I agree, even though as a life time GL fan, I did kinda dig that movie for all its flaws. I liked seeing the GL CORPS on screen.
Mark Strong is a great actor and makes great villains, however though as Lex... I don't know.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
MoS Pa kent had a much more baddass death than SMP Pa Kent.

He was all like 'Look son, its just a "mother loving" tornadoe, let me handle this.'

If Kal was such a good guy, then why didn't he help out Gotham when it was under threat from an ATOMIC EXPLOSION? Makes you wonder huh? I thought so.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 1, 2013

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Interesting choice for Batman, lets see how this pans out.
I am personally, unashamedly of the camp that actualy enjoyed Daredevil (sans park scene), and is it worth me getting the directors cut would you think?
His suit is still one of the best translations to screen. The eyes, they got the eyes on the suit that to be quite honest Batman should always have had (sans TDKR sonic eyes).

Anyway, part of me says this is going to be a cluster-gently caress on epic proportions, because we just know this movie is going to have a super-team sized budjet, and this really does has the potential to seriously go wrong.
However the other half of me is just giddy with excitement and hopes it will be an amazing movie, the worlds finest superhero movie.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Democratic Pirate posted:

Isn't that what Nolan's trilogy was all about?

I sense a non believer in the vicinity.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Aphrodite posted:

And they were unbelievably right, so maybe casting someone everyone thinks is bad for the role will work out!

fixed

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Baron Bifford posted:

What's really inaccurate about his adventures is that he finds fantastic treasures in tombs that are still intact. In real life most archaeologists spend weeks carefully digging up banal things like pieces of pottery or coprolites (such things tell you a lot about ancient lifestyles but will never thrill anyone). They have to do it with brushes so as not to damage anything.

Archaeologists didn't use brushes in that day, they used dynamite! Check the damage done to the Great Pyramid to validate my point. They were nothing more than vandalising grave robbers with a fancy title.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Mortanis posted:

Tactile Telekinesis

That was Super Boys powers... not as powerful as Supermans.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Baron Bifford posted:

This is rubbish. Read this little primer on feudal Japanese society and tell me if you still think it resembles America.

He didn't say that though?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Goyers involvement in certain superhero movies has, I believe, brought us better superhero movies than what we would have got without his involvement... if that makes sense.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Toady posted:

Let's not forget that Batman Begins involves a plot to vaporize the city's water supply with a giant microwave.

Your argument is ridiculous. What other superhero film does not have a far fetched plot to destroy a city, country, the world etc...

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Snak posted:

Daredevil

hush, don't encourage him

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Captain Pedantic only wanted people to see his view of the argument no matter how stupid it was.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
?
I think I can wrap this argument up by saying, you really are a stupid fucker arnt you?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Snak posted:

It's kind of funny that Russell Crowe is playing Noah in the new Aronofsky film, because the destruction of Krypton is analogous to the biblical flood.

No, it really isn't.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

computer parts posted:

Zod is more of a twisted version of Noah in MoS, complete with a ship designed to remake life on Earth.

If Jor-El is anything I guess it'd be closer to the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, with Krypton being the sinful cities in question.

I say again, no really it isn't.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I think 'reasons' applies in every single argument here.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

The Born Approx. posted:

Earth, as it exists in the film, is an anathema to Kryptonian belief. Zod, by genetic design, is an extremist ideologue. Humans have to be exterminated because their way of life is wrong.

Wait.. what?.. wait again..

Where the hell did you get this?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
And suddenly after the events of Zod, the world remembers it has super humans and metas and a 15 year reigning Bat guy in Gotham city.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Toady posted:

Dey outta start up one dem world injins den.

So close to the point... Yet so far away.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It's made up of Matrix and Terminator imagery.

No, it really isn't :rolleyes:

Just because you interpret it as such does not make it so. Unfortunately you are used to people believing your interpretations as fact, and on most occasions it really does come across as more than a bit silly; amusing even.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 27, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's your lucky day!

From Snyder's twitter.

loving SOLD!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I just know she wanted to gently caress that colonel into atoms!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Joss Whedons Black Widow was a mewling, shaking girl of a character when faced with a superhuman. Faora just kicked a superhumans (Kryptonians) rear end. That's the difference.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

AGirlWonder posted:

Fixed it for you.

I can't tell if you all are genuinely excited about this film. In what ways does it look like a good time?

The same way MoS was a loving great time. I am loving excited for this film. And I apologise for not being the Snyder hating norm.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Kush posted:

The first official pic of Superman in Dark Knight Rises:

This looks very much like a painting and im failing to understand why anyone hasn't seen that but instead are gooning out about how old he looks and how awesome Gotham is etc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What makes you think people have failed to see that?

• Locked thread