Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Added you to the list. We're close to capacity, but there's sure to be dropouts by the time the season rolls around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Bumping so thread doesn't fall victim to archives.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Another bump because I'm looking forward to this and hope plans are coming together.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
I was thinking we should start some self-imposed deadlines so we aren't scrambling when the season creeps up on us

So what do we need to figure out?

-Hosting service
-Rules: IDP, scoring, etc...
-Differences between the leagues, if any
-Type of draft: Auction or snake

I'm sure there's a lot more I'm forgetting. Obviously the season is still 5+ months away, but it doesn't hurt to get a jump on this

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
A lot of that has already been ironed out. I've summarized the consensus / my arbitration in the original post and the top of page 2.

It's been a while since I've taken a second look, but I think it covers most issues. Everything's still open to discussion, of course, but I don't think I'll budge too far without a very good reason.

One big issue question without an answer is figuring out when to draft and the actual logistics behind it.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Zypher posted:

A lot of that has already been ironed out. I've summarized the consensus / my arbitration in the original post and the top of page 2.

It's been a while since I've taken a second look, but I think it covers most issues. Everything's still open to discussion, of course, but I don't think I'll budge too far without a very good reason.

One big issue question without an answer is figuring out when to draft and the actual logistics behind it.

Ah, so you did. That's what I get for not going back over the thread.

Would this work:

We have two espn leagues set up, League A and B. We run the leagues normally, but then keep track of the more complicated rules (keeper picks, relegation, etc) in a thread here on the forums. The league manager(s) can then edit the players/teams/draft picks to fit the team changes from one year to the next.

This would able us to implement our specific rules and still use espn, and hopefully keep the complications to a minimum

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
If there is already an opening, or a slot opens up, please put me on the list. Thanks!

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

I would like in please. I already run a dynasty league on SA so I'm not going anywhere.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Added you both to the list!

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
One major issue that hasn't been ironed out yet: payouts. There's $240 dollars to be distributed amongst the winners of both tiers.

Option A posted:

1st place: $160
2nd place: $60
3rd place: $20

Option B posted:

1st place: $115
2nd place: $40
3rd place: $20
Highest points total each week of regular season: $5 (x13)

I'm leaning toward option B because I think it further encourages competition from everyone week in / week out.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I like option B since it encourages activity even after a team is eliminated from the playoffs.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I like B, also.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I like B but my OCD would rather it be $100/$50/$25 on the payouts. Either way, yes, B

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Another vote for B here.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

B is more motivating for the inevitable "oh god my team imploded"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Voting checkbox because either is fine with me.

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.
in for B as well

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Voting for B as well.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

I am cool with either.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Option B it is.

VibeBox
Nov 13, 2010
i'm pretty interested in this league. if a slot is available as the draft gets closer i'll probably buy one.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010
I'd like to be put on the waiting list. Fresh off a a money league championship, I'd like to step up to a keeper league.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Count me as interested in either. I'm well acquainted with keeper rules. Also a fan of option B.

Baser Instinct
Oct 18, 2004
No title necessary
I'm interested in this league if there are any spots available.

Put me on the waiting list if it's filled.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

OP, just doing a "when are we kicking this thing off" check. Hello!

e: gently caress, it's only July. The end of basketball got me excited...

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Let's get this fucker organized.

1) I'm arbitrarily choosing the weekend of 8/3 and 8/4 for our league's drafts. edit: draft is now 8/4 and 8/10

Why? Because I'd like two consecutive days to pull off the drafts, and that weekend happens to work best with my schedule. FYI, we'll be drafting before any preseason action starts (Hall of Fame game is 8:00 PM EST on 8/4), so the leagues will have a little extra elbowing on the waiver wire leading up to the start of the season.

(Side note: I'm not 100% sure how closely I can control the waiver system on ESPN, but ideally it'd be nice to lock free agents at start of every week of preseason and process waivers the day after the last of that week's preseason games).

I also wanted to buy some extra time just in case something goes wrong, so we'd have ample time to find a new draft time.

2) When you confirm your participation/send me money, make sure to tell me if you have a preference for either August 3rd or August 4th. Not sure what time exactly yet, but I live on the west coast so I'd be aiming for a mid-morning PST start time. We're drafting 21 rounds, so keep that in mind when budgeting.

3) The following 24 posters have priority for signing up:

edit: maintaining list in the OP

Once I have an understanding of the attrition rate, I'll open up sign ups to the waiting list.

4) To confirm your spot, send $20 via Paypal to zypher @ gmail . com. Please help me out by including your forums user name and your draft date preference.

Any questions/objections? Also, take the time to review the OP and the rules to make sure everything is still kosher.

Zypher fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 13, 2013

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Done.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Paid.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

If you do August 3 and 4 then I absolutely can't take part because I'm getting married. Any chance of changing it? :shobon:

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Only if I get an invite to your wedding! just kidding, congrats

I'll keep that in mind. If there are a decent number of objections to the draft date, I'll work around it. We can also split the drafts into two separate weekends. I'm available to run a draft Saturday 8/10, as well. I don't think that will ultimately give too much of an advantage between the two leagues jockeying to become Tier A.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Do the draft during the wedding. Let's the fiance know what she is getting into for the next 50 years. The best man can hold the tablet during the ceremony.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jabro posted:

Do the draft during the wedding. Let's the fiance know what she is getting into for the next 50 years. The best man can hold the tablet during the ceremony.

If he was really serious about this he'd move the wedding

edit: vvv Just to keep the feedback going, the 10/11 weekend would work for me too (with the same "I'll be busy after about 4pm central on Saturday" caveat)

Azhais fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 10, 2013

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Sent.

Prefer the Sunday, and if it changes to the 10/11 weekend, I'd prefer that. But can make the 3/4 weekend work if need be.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Claiming a spot on the waiting list please!!

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Zypher posted:

Only if I get an invite to your wedding! just kidding, congrats

I'll keep that in mind. If there are a decent number of objections to the draft date, I'll work around it. We can also split the drafts into two separate weekends. I'm available to run a draft Saturday 8/10, as well. I don't think that will ultimately give too much of an advantage between the two leagues jockeying to become Tier A.

Thanks. It would be nice to stay in if possible and I can definitely do 10/11 weekend or probably any other one.

jabro posted:

I am literally the only person at my wedding who likes American football. If I had potential allies I would consider it

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

I'm out of town on 8/3 and traveling all day 8/4, so 8/11 would work significantly better for me.

Edit: Paid.

zeroordie fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 10, 2013

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm still very interested if a spot opens up.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to drop out of the league.

I haven't paid or anything, so whoever is next up on the waiting list (if there is a waiting list) can take my spot.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Thanks for the heads up! If anyone else is unable to play, please let me know.

Dirty Chub, you're first on the waiting list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Iterating that I would really like to not drop out if possible, if the draft or part of it moves. This league looks hella fun.

• Locked thread