Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd be in, better than the goonfleet league :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just to throw in my votes:

Money? Anything under $50 would be fine
IDP? Yes (but I don't feel that strongly about it either way)
PPR? 0.5 sounds fine

And I like the season performance idea for deciding the tiers. Commish wise you could get a volunteer from whichever tier you aren't in to run the other, and you handle disputes.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

yoyodyne posted:

I'd be interested, provided that the fee was fairly small. I like the idea of small rosters for a big league like this. I'm also fine with pretty much any reasonable scoring setup.

Realistically the league isn't that big: just a 12 team. Any bigger and smaller rosters are nice just so there are players available, but 12 is still doable with decent benches. The only thought I'd have with an idp league is maybe have offensive/ defensive bench splits so people don't just roster 13 RB

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just to make sure I'm not really missing anything here- the tiers don't really matter? The theory here being that Tier-A is going to be more competitive with more active managers, the NHL to Tier-B's AHL (only they're both playing)?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Boywunda posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by this? My suggestion is for determining keeper players, which is a 1 time practice, not an every week thing. If they are going to enforce a -1 round penalty, I don't see how making sure they weren't your first round pick being that difficult to manage? If you can only start 1 QB, I don't think you should be able to keep 2.

Yeah, I'm assuming you mean just set your roster at the end of the year, keepers have to come off that roster.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mikey Purp posted:

CBS allows you to edit each round's draft order manually and I believe you can remove picks as needed as well. CBS also costs money, though.

Alternatively, Football Guys has a Draft Dominator app for free that let's you manually set everything. Only problem with that is that it's offline and Commish would need to maintain the draft list and available players. :/

Does fleaflicker allow skipping of draft positions?

Worst case we just have the skipped draft positions actually draft someone like Todd Heap that nobody would ever draft anyway then remove them from rosters afterwards.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

old dog child posted:

So is this league going to be biased or extremely biased towards new players? I thought this league wasn't just for vets but a way for goons to have fun competitive FF and poo poo talk. Let's see, IDP, weird keeper+penalty, draft trading, and two or more leagues with relegation...AND probably weird rear end rules. Stop making this overly complicates...please. The leagues do not have to have literally every fantasy option ever conceived. If we have to pay to play to use the software or it requires manual input of data then maybe you're trying too hard?

I don't mean to troll but it sounds like a lovely job instead of a fun time.

I think the theory is that the Tier A league will be the keeper with the overly complicated penalty structure, and Tier B will be a pretty standard redraft league.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I only like fantasy baseball when I can ride r.a. Dickey and mike trout to victory

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Voting checkbox because either is fine with me.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Done.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jabro posted:

Do the draft during the wedding. Let's the fiance know what she is getting into for the next 50 years. The best man can hold the tablet during the ceremony.

If he was really serious about this he'd move the wedding

edit: vvv Just to keep the feedback going, the 10/11 weekend would work for me too (with the same "I'll be busy after about 4pm central on Saturday" caveat)

Azhais fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 10, 2013

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zypher posted:

Ah, thanks for catching that in re: to IDP. I've never run an IDP league before, so I just assumed there'd be a standard set for ESPN.

NFL.com has the following as their default IDP settings. Do these sound fair?

That is very light IDP scoring. To the point you might as well ignore them and just grab a couple guys to fill your roster in the last couple rounds since they're not going to make any appreciable difference week to week. The PFF IDP guys have a pretty good writeup on what they'd like to see as "standard" scoring:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/06/27/the-pff-idp-scoring-system-revisited/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Boywunda posted:

That seems like a really good balance actually. I'd like to try that myself. It really is telling that if tackles are worth a significant amount of points, all other categories need to be raised up to balance it.

It really isn't tho. With 1.7 tackles, 2.3 sacks, and 3 interceptions there's basically no reason to give a poo poo about anything other than middle/will linebackers. Nobody else (other than maybe a couple of the top SS) will score enough to be relevant on a weekly basis.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Fine with me

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Parmesan Basil posted:

Sounds good. Return yards doesn't seem like it'll even be that big, unless someone routinely busts out 99 yard fumble recoveries.

It can make a decent difference in DB scoring. Like Devin McCourty last year was the primary punt or kickoff returner. It added a solid 50 or so points to his season totals in return yardage leagues and helped him be a bit more consistent.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Parmesan Basil posted:

Oh, I thought he meant turnover return yards.

Yes, he did. I realized that after I posted. So yes, those don't make much difference.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zypher posted:

I'm just waiting to hear from / get $$ from Dirty Chub, and then I'll randomize the draft order.

At the rate its going we should all just pick a player from the Cowboys' training camp and set draft order based on the order they get injured.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zypher posted:

There were a couple people with no preference -- if someone wants to volunteer to switch, I can make the swap tonight

You can switch me, the 4th works for me afaik (and what's more important than the draft anyway)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
We did it. Draft 1 is in the bag.

Team "autodrafted injury prone RB" is the early favorite for champion

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

my lovely cat posted:

Out of interest, how long did Sunday's draft take? I'm lobbying the new in-laws to delay their dinner until I'm done drafting in Sunday. Have to establish boundaries early.

About 2.5 hours

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
With waivers open now the question arises: what's the keeper situation with waiver claimed players? Like if I pick up Jonas Gray on the power of his HOF game statistics, what would he cost me next year to keep?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I see your draft did 50% better than ours and someone took Harvin. Everybody still skipped on crabtree tho. Take those two jerks in the 21st and you've got keepers for life.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Obama Yo Mama posted:

The fact that I only have two players that no one else has and they're a low-risk upside back up LB and TE makes me feel slightly better about my poo poo team

So much for low risk!

quote:

Rams announced LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar suspended four games for violating league's PED policy.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Suave Fedora posted:

ESPN just got blocked at work.

gently caress my dogshat life

This is what proxies are for

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

old dog child posted:

He is playing for sure but I have no idea how effective he'll be. All the reports are contradictory, ugh. I'm starting him because my alternative is Vincent Jackson so :iiam:

Glaser just said that Roddy hasn't cut on that foot in 3 weeks :ohdear:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Diqnol posted:

Of course I'm going up against Azhais' team this week. Of course.

I got beaten by a redheaded stepchild this week, you're probably fine.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Master Stur posted:

I think you mean like a redheaded stepchild. :smuggo:

No, it was Dalton. He did it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

bobby2times posted:

I dropped Jacquizz Rodgers in the morning then find out Steven Jackson is injured. Goddamnit.

Jason Snelling probably gets the bulk of the carries now anyway

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Probably a good week for it, should bad a lot of garbage time running

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So we're saying I should tank hard to blow the 22 point jerker lead so I can redraft next year?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
When's the keeper deadline?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Hey, we can activate the 2014 league now! :toot:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Does this mean you've pushed butan on the league to reactivate it? :allears:

Also, someone remind me of the keeper rules for the non-scrub league (or is it just "keep however many you want at -1 round"?)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

old dog child posted:

I vote IR only, I think the challenge of a small bench makes this frustrating in a wonderful way :allears:

I agree, we should only have IR slots

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd like to point out that my suggestion was to only have IR slots. I'm ambivalent about actually having one, since short benches + no IR is a good way to encourage churn.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jabro posted:

Bunch of pansies, wanting extra roster spots. My vote is for only 1 bench spot. Not 1 extra, 1 total. Adrian Peterson out for 5 weeks? do you bench him and lose a streaming spot for bye weeks, let him just sit in the starting spot and lose the points from that position, or outright cut him because that roster spot is too valuable to be wasted? Make people think. Iron Man Football.

I vote for leave it as is.

Also, we should add a second kicker slot

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Suave Fedora posted:

That list is terrible.

Yeah, Bell is about the only value choice there, and only marginal at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mikey Purp posted:

Welp, there goes my 2014 season.

Murray for a 2 and PT for a 16 is pretty decent, but yeah

• Locked thread