Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Hi, my name is old dog child, and I'm barely finishing up my first year so please be gentle. :3:

Zypher posted:

Issues
  • Money league or free?
  • How many tiers?
  • How many teams per tier?
  • How do we decide which league is Tier A and which league is Tier B? First come first serve? Random? Based on end of first season performance?
ground.

Money or free: money league with entry fee based on league tier (nothing crazy, like 10/20 or something)

# of tiers: Two tiers would be perfect. I don't think goons will have enough skill disparity to really need more than that.

# of teams: at least 14 for the top tier, 10-12 for the lower tier(s)

Who is in what: random lottery first year (so they are equal basically) and top half from each tier forms the top tier. We shouldn't use overall results because it would restrict competition within divisions/tiers if teams knew they didn't have to beat anyone in their own league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I am voting against IDP because I'm scared and afraid of change.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

To be completely honest, it's not that I'm afraid of new things, it's that my platoon leader (who is winning several very expensive leagues) explained IDP in a way to me that made it sound dumb as well. He specifically told me that IDP was the dumbest possible thing I could do in the army... :ohdear:

And I also have no idea how D lines are supposed to work, but it would be pretty fun to learn how they work. :3:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm in a 14 person league right now with 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, WR/TE, TE, FLEX, D/ST, 2K, and 7 bench spots. The FA and waiver wire is a completely barren wasteland. So if we do a 12 team with standard offensive and IDP rosters, a 7 man bench would be a pretty solid size and would force teams to make hilarious pick up decisions once everyone starts getting injured. It will be awesome.

My ideal roster for a 12 team with IDP. No IR, just a large bench. IR is just a sneaky way of having an extra bench spot. :colbert: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, WR/TE, TE, FLEX, K + DB, DL, DFLEX + 7 man bench = 19 players per team for a total of 228 spots. My current league has 252 spots for comparison, so including IDP and that extra WR/TE slot will force a lot of transactions due to sheer desperation.

Eventually bye weeks, dumpster fire players and teams, and injuries will remove any depth by the half way point of the season so everyone is crying as they draft a third string WR because you really need someone in that spot even if he's only gonna get like one catch bro

But that's just my no-fantasy-football-experience two cents.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 17, 2012

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Zypher posted:

I think 6 IDP slots would be better than 3 because it seems to me (with very little IDP experience) that it would be easy to fill 3 IDP slots on each team. With 6 you're probably going to feel slightly more of a pinch without being overwhelming for an IDP noob like myself.

I don't really get the point of WR/TE flex spots, myself. 95% of the time you're going to be starting a WR there. If we were to add an additional slot, I would prefer to just go 3 WR.

Or if you want to force people to make Sophie's choice every week, add a second TE slot. That could be pretty fun, actually.

It's more fun to have the option there since it gives everyone more ways to shoot themselves in the foot (Myers :argh:)

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Remember though, Tier A is a keeper league, so we don't want to make the benches too shallow, there will still be plenty of movement, but there needs to be a bench spot there for at least one player who you might want to keep and really just can't afford to drop.

For the record, I love having both the WR/TE and WR/TE/RB flex spots, but I'm fine either way.

I didn't think about that, actually. I have never done keeper, so this is a learning process for me, too. I forgot that players break sometimes :iiam:

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 17, 2012

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Jdhehdjdjdbsbsnd

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 20, 2012

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

So is this league going to be biased or extremely biased towards new players? I thought this league wasn't just for vets but a way for goons to have fun competitive FF and poo poo talk. Let's see, IDP, weird keeper+penalty, draft trading, and two or more leagues with relegation...AND probably weird rear end rules. Stop making this overly complicates...please. The leagues do not have to have literally every fantasy option ever conceived. If we have to pay to play to use the software or it requires manual input of data then maybe you're trying too hard?

I don't mean to troll but it sounds like a lovely job instead of a fun time.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

^yeah, cool you missed the point.

edit gently caress it I don't care anymore. I'll just vote for whatever you guys decide since this league seems like its trying to be the most complicated thing ever.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 20, 2012

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm just saying this league went from: tiered money league so goons could have competitive matches.

now it evolved into:
-keeper/penalties
-possibility of a pay-to-use program just to get this poo poo started (it's like 5 posts up :P)
-dumb bullshit about trading draft picks (relegation issue)
-large O roster, IDP, bench are all cool though. I like it when the FA/WW is post-apocalyptic war zone.

Simplified: 2 keepers, 1st and 2nd only. Non-mandatory, optional keepers for both leagues. Teams going A->B choose keepers from the teams going B->A based on supplemental drafts. Problem solved. Now year 2 to 3 is different. Just kidding, it still counts as a first and second round pick. And yeah, I get draft order blah blah but who gives a poo poo because keepers pretty much mean everyone gets a solid 1/2 without any effort.If you drafted a 7th round and keeping him counts as a 5th, then how about you loving deal with losing your 1st or 2nd for being a moron.

Drafts: Traded your 1st for a 4/5 from a dude who got relegated. Well, you got your 1st back because the trade is no longer valid if he's not in the league. Agreements made with dead pieces of poo poo tiny dick FF players are no longer valid when you suck too much to even be top 50%. Somalia laughs at you.

I did some research today. No finals, lots of FF time :black101: edit: but I also have 0 experience with any of these besides ESPN standard poo poo and a large league. Most of my complaints are because I don't quite "get" it yet..

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 20, 2012

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I'm still learning this gibberish.

Pretty much every one of my concerns are because I'm new to this (and I'm sure there are others who are new or hardly more experienced). For the record, the Keeper/tier aspect of this is exactly why I was interested. Then all the detailed discussion started and my brain exploded and ohgodhelpme.

And I can sympathize with you on this. I am the commissioner of my fantasy basketball league, I find myself contemplating murder every once in a while. It's the worst thing I've ever done in my life. :suicide:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I kinda treat it like I'm a team owner and these guys are all playing for me personally :3:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

B is more motivating for the inevitable "oh god my team imploded"

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

OP, just doing a "when are we kicking this thing off" check. Hello!

e: gently caress, it's only July. The end of basketball got me excited...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Just paid. Sorry, I forgot to check the thread!

e: do I always forget to check things? find out when I accidentally autodraft :iiam:

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jul 25, 2013

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Can you send the invite to harper dot randall at gmail

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

4th is available for trade.. if the price is right :getin:

PMs or harper dot randall at gmail

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress it's coming :ohdear:

e: gently caress the east coast if I don't wake up

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Aug 10, 2013

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

4th pick

QB Peyton Manning, Den QB
RB Doug Martin, TB RB
RB Ahmad Bradshaw, Ind RB
WR Dez Bryant, Dal WR
WR Danny Amendola, NE WR
TE Greg Olsen, Car TE
FLEX Andre Brown, NYG RB
LB DeMarcus Ware, Dal LB, DE
LB Brian Cushing, Hou LB
DL Charles Johnson, Car DE
DB Dawan Landry, NYJ S
DB Roman Harper*, NO S O
DP Mason Foster, TB LB
K Stephen Gostkowski, NE
Bench Anquan Boldin, SF WR
Bench Golden Tate, Sea WR
Bench Tyler Eifert, Cin TE
Bench Mohamed Sanu, Cin WR
Bench Philip Rivers, SD QB
Bench Mike Tolbert, Car RB
Bench Brandon LaFell, Car WR

I totally clicked the wrong button with Roman Harper, but I assure you all the other injury-prone players were chosen on purpose.

P.S. 12th round kicker :whatup:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I disagree. The battle for QB ended in round one. We all lose to Brees.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Any interest in an IRC channel? Or if one already exists that's even better!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Diqnol just made a channel for us

synirc
#goontier

e: It's registered, so we can just pop in and out of there whenever!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Zypher posted:

I just changed everyone's team abbreviation to match their SA username. gently caress with your team names all you want, but let's keep the abbreviations the same for ease of translation.

You're so lucky "ZYPHER IS A BIG FAT POOPIE HEAD" doesn't fit

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Obama Yo Mama, sent you a trade that I think is probably better for you than me (considering draft position..) but I am kinda desperate!

Suave, I rejected your trade and sent back an even worse one because I couldn't really think of anything that would help us both in the way we're looking for. So this way we can at least upgrade one position each!

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 14, 2013

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

Nothing beats a worse trade than a worserer one, I always say

I made it slightly less worse (check again)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

e: nm

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

OH MY GOD

DOUG

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I renamed my team..in case you don't get it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3KyRLZiCz0

(thanks for the inspiration, Diqnol)

e: I want to be laughed at for reasons other than my questionable roster :downs:

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 26, 2013

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

bump cause footbaww is starting this week.

Wild Front Tier dudes: is anyone interested in a trade? I'd like to improve my RB depth. I have plenty of WR talent to go around. Make me an offer or let me know if you're interested, so I can shoot one your way.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

:siren: #goontier on irc.synirc.net :siren:

In case anyone wants to be nerdy and watch it while chatting with fellow spergsgoons

HiroProtagonist posted:

I could use a WR now that Collie is off the 49ers (not like he wasn't a super deep pick to begin with). I'm not sure I have much to offer you still though because my sole depth at RB is Pierce and my starting RBs I'm not going to part with. Take a look and see if you'd want Pierce and anyone else on my bench (Pettigrew, for a random example).

I'm going to wait and see how my guys do this week, but I am actually interested in Pierce. It'll be easier to work something out once we get some week 1 numbers anyway.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Smash Adams posted:

Argh. Can't decide if I should start Roddy White today. Confirmed that he's not 100% (rumor is high ankle sprain), yet it's been confirmed he's starting today. WTF.

He is playing for sure but I have no idea how effective he'll be. All the reports are contradictory, ugh. I'm starting him because my alternative is Vincent Jackson so :iiam:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Azhais posted:

Glaser just said that Roddy hasn't cut on that foot in 3 weeks :ohdear:

Threw in V-Jax. It's called fantasy because dreams come true sometimes, right?

e: I'm just glad that I don't have Roddy in this league or I'd be really pissed.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Zypher posted:

Whelp. My roster is a big flaming pile of trash.

The secret to success is Peyton Manning and lucky IDP guesses, apparently.

Edit: Sorry Zero, you're cool but I can't stop laughing at this....did you still want to trade? :getin:

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 8, 2013

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

ffoecaf posted:

182.5 to 182.3 this is the best fantasy matchup.

I will admit I have your guys' scoreboard open while I'm watching the game :munch:

edit: Wild Front Tier dudes! Interested in a QB, a WR, a TE, or some combination? I have them all! I just need a RB. Help me... :ohdear:

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 10, 2013

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

MY lovely CAT

woof woof bark BARK rough rough

arooooo bitch

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

my lovely cat posted:

I will leave mouse guts on your loving rug

oh you're such a butthole. it is ON :argh:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I AM SO STRESSED OUT

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/boxscorequick?leagueId=259386&teamId=12&scoringPeriodId=2&seasonId=2013&view=scoringperiod&version=quick

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Mason Foster is missing his TD int return. GET ON THAT poo poo ESPN

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Boywunda posted:

@old dog child, after the week Boldin had last week, your faith in Sherman shutting him down is amazing. And it worked really well. I'm impressed. Granted your Golden Tate option wasn't much better, I'm still impressed you chose to sit Boldin and were correct in that assumption.

I actually watch 49er and Seahawks games because my friends are all fans, so I figured Lynch would get shut down since they did that so easily last week. So Golden Tate would have a few opportunities for points. The real killer is I decided to sit Tolbert because I was going for upside. I thought I would lose by a lot more than this. I find that my choices are better if I've seen the guy play.

my lovely cat posted:

It's on now. You still lose. Meow.

(Good game dude)

:nyan:

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 17, 2013

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Anubis posted:

If Manning and D. Thomas can at all show up I'm at 2-1, which is a pretty decent feeling considering the level this league drafted at. I really thought Finley was going to murder me today.

ÜberMannsching never fails, brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I just want to stress that drafting my kicker in the 12th was clearly a good decision :colbert:

• Locked thread