Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Glad to see you on SA! Been following the CAG thread for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Sweeney Tom posted:

Maybe it's already been answered, but how low will Hotline Miami go during this sale?

50%. Usually a flash sale is as low as it'll go.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Rookersh posted:

Hey Tony, any chance we will be seeing Black Ops 2 for lower then $50?

It's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, but I love the campaigns of those games. Can't stand the multiplayer, but the campaigns have a certain charm to them, like a b movie or a Micheal Bay film.

I tried the first two levels and it's almost sickening. Part of the reason goes to Spec Ops: The Line for de-Otherizing the supposed enemies... but this game starts you out in the midst of a civil war and expects you to just blindly follow the kill instructions. And oh yeah, people die in gruesome ways.

The first two levels made me feel like I was playing a racist snuff film. I couldn't bear to play any more of it. This is from someone who loved the first two CODs and MW1.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Didn't realize Hotline Miami was a glitch, since last year we got a few freebies. Thanks a bunch anyway, Tony, since I was able to gift it to a couple of pals.

And also 2.50 for Darkness 2 and Spec Ops is a ridiculous deal. :getin:

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

Update to the EC list (these will be added in January working on dates and price points):

Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Need for Speed: The Run
EA Classics Bundle (Madden '08 and NHL 09)
Syndicate
Crysis Maximum Maximum Pack
Burning Hot Bundle (NFS Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box)
Battlefield 3 Shortcut Bundle

Must've bought 4 copies of this already. Definitely the sleeper shooter of last year.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

King Keltair posted:

I've been interested in Syndicate, but thought I heard middling reviews last year - care to give it a one-sentence review? This would probably be my candidate for my last $5 coupon anyway, but would like to know why you loved it.

Great coop mode, the combat feels really great, the setting is interesting (even if the storyline is a bit terrible.)

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Too Poetic posted:

A huge issue I had with syndicate was the unholy amount of bloom.

Weirdly, the bloom is absent from the coop mode. But yeah if they fixed the bloom for singleplayer, Syndicate would've been the most photo-realistic game I've played (haven't played Crysis though).

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

The Airmech Holiday Pack is definitely worth checking out if you guys have that free promo. It's a fun, arcade-y strategy game that's fun to play vs the AI and with pals.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Hey Tony, in case you guys were looking for more solid f2p games to market, Warframe seems like a good option. It's still in beta, but this space ninja meets Mass Effect 3 co-op is insanely fun. I just discovered the game yesterday and along with Path of Exile, the f2p market seems rock solid in terms of quality.

https://warframe.com/

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Thanks Tony for GW2! Been interested in getting a deal on it for a couple of weeks :)

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Is Endless Space Gold going to be price matched too? (Steam has the bundle with the new expansion for a pretty good price)

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Thanatosian posted:

Anyone tried that Arena of Heroes game? It sounds interesting, but doesn't have many reviews, which makes me skeptical.

I tried the beta and couldn't even get past the first 10 mins. It's a turnbased MOBA and its awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Thanks for the Sacred Citadel DLC Tony! :)

Super underrated game imo.

• Locked thread