Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

Even if it's not, unlocking the DLC + Alice is just a matter of setting one thing from false to true in an ini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I'm guessing the Alice will be Origin, not Steam?

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
Either I'm dumb or Amazons interface is really counter-intuitive. How do I get to the list of all the editors choice games?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

Update to the EC list (these will be added in January working on dates and price points):

EA Classics Bundle (Madden '08 and NHL 09)

Always happy to see new deals but what is this? Has EA ever tried to package their old sports games and call them "classics"? Can you even play those online anymore?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Mr. Mallory posted:

Either I'm dumb or Amazons interface is really counter-intuitive. How do I get to the list of all the editors choice games?

I use Google.

Latroc
Mar 22, 2004
Repent!

Mr. Mallory posted:

Here you go:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000728511

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Awesome, thanks!

Also, does anyone know if there are any DRM differences between Amazon and Steam for Anno 2070?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

Update to the EC list (these will be added in January working on dates and price points):

Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Need for Speed: The Run
EA Classics Bundle (Madden '08 and NHL 09)
Syndicate
Crysis Maximum Maximum Pack
Burning Hot Bundle (NFS Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box)
Battlefield 3 Shortcut Bundle

Must've bought 4 copies of this already. Definitely the sleeper shooter of last year.

King Keltair
Jul 16, 2001

Tezzeract posted:

Must've bought 4 copies of this already. Definitely the sleeper shooter of last year.

I've been interested in Syndicate, but thought I heard middling reviews last year - care to give it a one-sentence review? This would probably be my candidate for my last $5 coupon anyway, but would like to know why you loved it.

Edit: Found CTS's review http://www.somethingawful.com/d/video-game-article/assassins-creed-predictions.php

King Keltair fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 3, 2013

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Rirse posted:

Let me guess, Syndicate won't be $5 again this time? Glad I did save at least one or two coupons after using two for Hotline Miami gifts for friends.

By the way, is that Alice Complete just Madness Returns with the DLC, or the previously Origin pre-order version that had the HD version of the original American McGee's Alice plus Madness Returns+DLC?

Syndicate will be very close to $5 after coupon.

Alice does include the original Alice and the DLC price will be under $10 after coupon.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

AmazonTony posted:

Syndicate will be very close to $5 after coupon.

Gonna be 12.49 pre-coupon, calling it now.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Biggest human being Ever posted:

I should've bought more copies when it was $5, there's -nobody- on multiplayer the times I've checked it out. :smith:

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

King Keltair posted:

I've been interested in Syndicate, but thought I heard middling reviews last year - care to give it a one-sentence review? This would probably be my candidate for my last $5 coupon anyway, but would like to know why you loved it.

Great coop mode, the combat feels really great, the setting is interesting (even if the storyline is a bit terrible.)

Thingstropolis
Apr 6, 2011
Is Amazon going to be getting more Bioshock keys anytime soon? I was hoping to get the "Desert to Sea" bundle before the price jumps back up, but if not I'll just use the $5 coupon on Spec Ops alone.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Thingstropolis posted:

Is Amazon going to be getting more Bioshock keys anytime soon? I was hoping to get the "Desert to Sea" bundle before the price jumps back up, but if not I'll just use the $5 coupon on Spec Ops alone.

I got the Desert to Sea Bundle, but already had both Bioshocks. I'll give you my keys if you want. Hit me up at

Crackbone fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 3, 2013

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Thingstropolis posted:

Yes, we're hoping for more today.

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Your call would be incorrect. We're still finalizing price but it will most definitely be less than $12.49

Thingstropolis
Apr 6, 2011

AmazonTony posted:

Yes, we're hoping for more today.

Killer, thanks dude!

Crackbone posted:

I got the Desert to Sea Bundle, but already had both Bioshocks. I'll give you my keys if you want. Hit me up at [removed]

That is a supremely cool offer, but I think I'll just wait for the bundle to come back up. Thanks anyway though!

Thingstropolis fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 3, 2013

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

You mind editing out my email from that?

Thingstropolis
Apr 6, 2011
Oh sure thing, sorry about that.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

wa27 posted:

Always happy to see new deals but what is this? Has EA ever tried to package their old sports games and call them "classics"? Can you even play those online anymore?

No idea, but they're the final PC versions of their respective series. I bought that very bundle for $5 a few months ago from Amazon and it's a pretty drat good value really; after those, EA Sports abandoned PC for good as far as hockey and football are concerned. NHL 09 on PC is a pretty barebones game and virtually the same as, I dunno, NHL 07, but it's still a pretty decent hockey game albeit looking pretty aged and not supporting widescreen modes, while Madden NFL 08 is very good on PC and still even looks great.

NHL 09's key should natively be accepted by Origin, but it didn't for me for some reason. However, by chatting with Origin's online customer support I was able to get both NHL and Madden added onto my Origin account, so definitely do that if you want them there.

Zat fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 3, 2013

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Thingstropolis posted:

Killer, thanks dude!

That is a supremely cool offer, but I think I'll just wait for the bundle to come back up. Thanks anyway though!

Just found out we have keys coming right now. Hopefully the bundle will be back up in an hour max.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Zat posted:

No idea, but they're the final PC versions of their respective series. I bought that very bundle for $5 a few months ago from Amazon and it's a pretty drat good value really; after those, EA Sports abandoned PC for good as far as hockey and football are concerned. NHL 09 on PC is a pretty barebones game and virtually the same as, I dunno, NHL 07, but it's still a pretty decent hockey game albeit looking pretty aged and not supporting widescreen modes, while Madden NFL 08 is very good on PC and still even looks great.

Ah, that makes sense then. I didn't know EA Sports dropped PC support.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

What if The Walking Dead was $12.49 as the deal of the week next week?

What if...

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

Tezzeract posted:

Great coop mode, the combat feels really great, the setting is interesting (even if the storyline is a bit terrible.)
A huge issue I had with syndicate was the unholy amount of bloom.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

AmazonTony posted:

What if...

I would buy it!

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

AmazonTony posted:

What if...

Yessss, I've been saving one of my coupons for that

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Tony: I "want" Duke Nukem, but I already own Borderlands and I don't care about Darkness 2. Any plans for the King to be in any other :10bux: bundles this month?

I'm in the same boat. I own everything else but Duke and was waiting for it. I may just grab one of the bundles and toss the keys up in the Steam thread as previously suggested.

Pigeon Shamus
Apr 14, 2010

There's a guard with a pair of swollen testicles who swears you wanted out of here.

AmazonTony posted:

What if...

I would call you the greatest man in the universe.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

AmazonTony posted:

What if...

I'd be a little miffed since I just used my one coupon. :(

(That is amazing though)

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

AmazonTony posted:

What if...

If I could use one of these coupons on it? Why, I'd hail you as King of All The Land!

keeb
Sep 24, 2003
The Shocker
Pardon my ignorance, but how does one obtain these $5 discount coupons?

V Oh dang.

keeb fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 4, 2013

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

keeb posted:

Pardon my ignorance, but how does one obtain these $5 discount coupons?

Had to buy a qualifying game last month.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Too Poetic posted:

A huge issue I had with syndicate was the unholy amount of bloom.

Weirdly, the bloom is absent from the coop mode. But yeah if they fixed the bloom for singleplayer, Syndicate would've been the most photo-realistic game I've played (haven't played Crysis though).

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Is The Secret World supposed to be up to $22.49 right now? It's my own fault if I missed the ~$17 price yesterday or whenever it was, I put off buying it for no reason at all, but I sorta thought all of the Editor's Choice prices were for through January.

No biggie if I missed it though.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Is The Secret World supposed to be up to $22.49 right now? It's my own fault if I missed the ~$17 price yesterday or whenever it was, I put off buying it for no reason at all, but I sorta thought all of the Editor's Choice prices were for through January.

No biggie if I missed it though.

Same boat here, I was waiting to buy it today when I would have time to play it. :saddowns: I hope I didn't miss the sale.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

As regards Secret World price questions ... this is from a couple of pages back.

AmazonTony posted:

The Secret World Price ends tomorrow 1/2 at 11:59:59 PM PST.

I know because I was bugging my probable co-op buddy to buy it and he kept fussing around and didn't get to it in time.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Any good mouse-based or (preferably) non-Civilization turn-based strategies on the sale right now? I may or may not have broken my wrist just now so I'm seeing some one-handed gaming in my future.

What I'm really trying to ask is if Woodcutter Simulator needs two hands because I still haven't downloaded my copy yet.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Well, there is the Paradox packs. Those can be played with just a mouse I believe.

Also I think the King's Bounty series is on sale for $5-10, but I don't think they're steam versions.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

The Airmech Holiday Pack is definitely worth checking out if you guys have that free promo. It's a fun, arcade-y strategy game that's fun to play vs the AI and with pals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Hey Tony

Is there any chance of Sleeping Dogs being added to the EC list? I'd rather get it from Amazon if possible.

Thanks!!

• Locked thread