Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Slightly Toasted posted:

Oh my god I will read any and every story you have.

I can't imagine a world where someone like Josh isn't already a goon. From the sounds of it though just the thread being in her browser history would be enough for him to pick up on it.

Goon? More likely he's on Reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
By the by, anyone enjoying this, please check out the PYF thread about terrible roommates, specifically Bringmyfishback's tales of woe about her insane roommate and her equally awful mother (starting page 5) http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3495020&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Hairpin Soup posted:

I’m trying to go through this chronologically, so it makes decent story telling, so sorry this isn’t terribly trainwrecky yet.

Dear god, it's trainwrecky enough. Please tell me that Carrie is alive, safe and no longer in contact with these people though :smith:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Ravos posted:

What the gently caress? Why in the holy hell would Chad just pay a $400 bill? Josh ran out on his check, that is no way Chad's problem. He doesn't have to pay it just because Josh told the waiter Chad would pay it, and then left. Especially because, earlier in the post, Chad explained that he has a lot of bills and doesn't have much disposable income. So why the gently caress would he pay this bill?

Either Chad is the world's biggest pushover, or you're full of poo poo.

Because it's not fair for the restaurant to be down 400 bucks either? Chad is a decent person and doesn't want the business and it's staff to suffer.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

Because if someone just plain refuses to pay their bill.. thats it. Theres nothing the restaurant can do at all. I do it all the time, "Heres your bill Chupe"

No. (leaves)

Huh? He'd already left. People run out on bills all the time, it's a big problem and dicks over the staff.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Stop arguing about this poo poo!

Hairpin Soup posted:

I promise I'll get to the attempted rape, although I'm sort of bracing myself because I don't know quite how I'll write it up. I've spent a lot of time working on it with a psychologist, but I've avoided TALKING about it. And having a anonymous venting point will be a good thing, I think. But it happened literally after I stopped contact with Josh.

I'm visiting relatives out of state right now, so I'm sort of back and forth to the computer, so I'll be back tonight.

Take as much time as you need and don't feel that you have to share anything you're not comfortable with

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Hairpin Soup posted:

Ookay... Hell of a lot of drama going on over this. Look, if a mod has an issue with anything, or thinks another board would be more appropriate, or if you just want me to stop posting, let me know. It would seriously be no problem, I didn't mean to get E/N in an uproar.

The reason I went here is because I saw this as $10 therapy. It is still something of an issue in my head, and I am working through it. I got to take some time and take things that are a little painful and reframe them in a more comedic way in a anonymous context. That's all. It's been actually kind of cool in a way so far because it lets me just see all of this in a different color. I also am realising myself how BAD Josh was at these early stages once you sort of cherry pick his fits out of that year.

gently caress the haters, a small chunk of people always call bullshit on stories where the subjects seem exotically awful. I guess it's reassuring in a way because it shows most people have never had someone like that in their life. If you're finding it cathartic then please carry on, it's fascinating(ly horrifying) to read

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I wouldn't feel bad about going easy on Josh. From what you've said about his adoptive mum she really did a number on his emotional development. No well adjusted person would tell that story about their siblings being thrown out on Christmas with no presents and expect a good reaction, and the fact he thought it was a funny story is probably all down to his awful upbringing. To all intents and purposes he probably IS mentally challenged, at least when it comes to emotions and relationships.

Not that this means you should forgive him of have him in your life, he sounds absolutely toxic. But you should forgive yourself for wanting to help him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

What the gently caress kind of guy gets hired as a rapist/home invader and when things don't go as planned decides to hang out and eat some pie as if he will get a second chance in half an hour when you get back? Somewhere else on the internet, there is another thread by someone called "My stupid cousin got hired as a Craigslist rapist."

I predict Josh will come to A Bad End , even if he doesn't end up in jail for this one.

I remember hearing about some crazy case in the UK I think where a husband hired a bunch of men to rape his estranged wife, which they then did, however they were not found guilty of rape because they had been led to believe it was part of some bizarre game and that she was into it. So I guess an ad was posted that said "come to my house and pretend to rape me, it's totally my ultimate fantasy" of something. Obviously you have to be monumentally stupid to actually believe that, but there are a hell of a lot of monumentally stupid people in the world. It would explain why he hung around afterwards, if he believed everything was part of some crazy sex LARP.