Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Oh no no, this simply will not do!

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

What's the leveling path these days - Starting Area > Bree > Lone Lands > Evendim > ???

Then Angmar/Forochel > Eregion > Moria > Lothlorien > Mirkwood/Enedwaith > Dunland > Great River > Rohan.

I personally often even skip Angmar/Forochel and go straight to Eregion. And I choose Mirkwood over Enedwaith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

The story is absolutely amazing. You will love it. There's nothing too grindy about LotRO. Just play it.

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

The Walker posted:

As was mentioned above, take a look at The Secret World. Absolutely amazing writing with ok gameplay.

On topic- are there any kins on Brandywine goons are congregating to?

I know there's a goon with a kin on Brandywine, I believe he's mentioned in the OP. I also know that my kin is semi open recruiting, so I can get you in if you want in.

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Beach Party posted:

Wouldn't happen to have a captain that you could post a screenshot of the keybinds you use? Im having trouble coming up with something that is intuitive and not just random skills everywhere on my skill bars.

This is the setup I use for my Captain (to the right, under the shout there's Pressing Attack, Devastating Blow and Blade of Elendil). However, keep in mind that 1) I am a clicker, 2) I am a raidbaby and hate playing alone so I rarely actually DPS and 3) I use a mouse that has extra buttons to make said healing easier.

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Beach Party posted:

Thanks for this and also the others that posted there keybinds. Would you say that captains are pretty sought out for groups in the higher levels? I love grouping and would prefer that over solo play anyday so i thought captain would be good for that, but i have yet to find any groups at all. I guess thats mostly because this is a older game so most people are at level cap, but i would hate to get there and find out that captains are just kind of filler if a group is looking for another body. In your experience would you say that captains are kind of late bloomers in terms of overall power? Right now i feel my guardian blows the captain away in every category from dps to survivabilty, i can keep grinding on my guardian but feel like i always need to stop and regain power with the cappy. Maybe im just playing him wrong which is a real possibility lol.

Wait until you get Now for Wrath on your Captain and it opens up a whole new world where you have no power problems. It's a trait that gives Rallying Cry a power return.

Captains are very sought for in groups. It's where we rock. We do a little bit of everything. They are THE class to play if you love grouping. I may be biased, but I do know that in my kin, no group happens without a Captain, unless it's a 3man. And even then they kind of want a Captain. We are decent healers, decent DPSers and decent Tanks. Just don't expect to be more than decent, you are a jack of all trades, and they can't really make a class that can do everything, but do it just as well as the other classes that have only 1, maybe 2 of these things.

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Fuzz posted:

I rolled a character and tried to find the officers online last night, but no luck.

Do we have a mumble or TS?

Also think I might remake... Human/Dwarf Champion, Human Hunter, or some sort of Captain? I can't decide. What's the "best" race for those three classes?

What SeaTard said.

That and Captains can only be Humans. They're just THAT awesome.

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Yeah... About Fornost... Totally not worth it anymore. Used to be awesome, got hosed over by the devs, and it's just crap now. I even advice people to not go anymore. It used to be my favorite too...

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

My kin leader is actually with me on the Fornost thing. Most of my kin actually. It was a great instance, very fun at level, and not too easy. I miss it.

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Hysterix posted:

I believe Brandywine has a decent amount of creep-side activity. Brandywine is pretty happening overall, actually.

Brandywine is totally happening. Vilya doesn't seem to empty either though.

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

I'm on Brandywine as Snoopykins. However, I don't play much freepside anymore, Greenyarrows seems to have become my main once again.

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

ruffz posted:

Yeah I'd imagine it'd be very possible with a Warden or maybe a really skilled Hunter. I kinda assumed I'd get rolled on my Burglar and won't even try on my Captain since it'd be similar but just take a little longer to die. Hopefully scaling the Moria instances is high on their to-do list so I could just drop it to level 20 and breeze through it. I tried running Helegrod's spider wing right after Forges and got demolished at about the same speed, so I guess it'll be a while until I'm able to see that instance for the first time.

I haven't tried Forges yet, but I've gotten quite far in Halls of Crafting on my Captain. With the 6sec RC cooldown it's quite doable. Stairs is super easy to solo as well, even challenge mode.

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Actually... Last night on Brandywine was the most fun and the busiest I've seen it in a good while. In the moors at one point we were fighting creep raid + nearly 20 gold tags against a freep raid and 3 freep groups of about 8-12 each. Right now I think it's really just summer, the end of this bit of content with a new expansion coming up next fall and somewhat the roads Turbine seems hellbent on taking. It's always quiet around this time of year though.

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

I'm still on brandywine once in a while. If you need someone to group with, I have a lvl 100 Captain, lvl 58 Guard and a lowbie bear. I'll most likely be on Snoopykins or Snoopybear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Brandywine is already laggy in PVP. I don't think the server transfers will make that any better. I guess it's just wait and see. I haven't had much time to play lately, but I might make more time if people I know/goons end up coming to Brandywine as well.

• Locked thread