Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This is the first, and only MMO that has kept me from mindlessly clicking through quest dialogue.

As was mentioned above, take a look at The Secret World. Absolutely amazing writing with ok gameplay.

On topic- are there any kins on Brandywine goons are congregating to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I generally pull too many spiders next to that ruin in the middle of Midgewater Marsh. Specifically the pack around the queen. It's so easy to get greedy there.

This last time around I died when I was fighting those Cold Weather Elementals for the Yule event. Turns out it can get a little disorienting when fighting several at once.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Isn't the real problem his lack of the riding skill?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Is the in-game store painfully slow for anybody else?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Remy Marathe posted:

As a general rule, for as long as I've been playing (last march), yes, yes it is. Some days are worse than others, on a good day it's fine for ordering stuff but still unpleasant for browsing.

For the past few days it's taken ~5 minutes just to load the front page. I'm trying to give money to a F2P game and they aren't letting me :what:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
That actually reminds me- thank you to whoever suggested disabling autodetecting a proxy for my issue with the slow store. Worked like a charm.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Captain Backslap posted:

I'd just like to know how you guys end up with that setting enabled in the first place. It's a largely unnecessary compatibility feature that is supposed to be disabled by default and only enabled if you know what you're doing (like actually using a proxy, but even then you'd set it up yourself).

It's enabled by default on every version of IE I've seen. This is speaking as someone who does desktop support for a living. I've also never actually used IE9 on my current install outside of downloading Firefox.

The really weird thing was that it worked perfectly fine for quite some time and then chose one day completely at random to break.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
It's equally possible that the computers are just toying with us.
Regardless, the proxy things isn't something I would have thought of myself- I do appreciate it a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ruffz posted:

It depressed me to see WAR fail, because it had the most enjoyable PvP experience I've had in a game. Hoping that TESO will quench my thirst for that PvP type. I absolutely love defending a keep with siege weapons and dropping hot oil on attackers that are trying to break down the gate with a battering ram.

Guild Wars 2 did a pretty good job of this. I haven't really played since launch but it may be worth a look.

• Locked thread