Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Donut is for Homer as Asking yourself is to ...

ukrainius maximus posted:

The big thing I hate is how once you get to higher level zones, the kill deeds jump to "Kill 96428 [orcs/goblins/hendraval/whatever] and I can never bring myself to do any of them...

You can complete the killer deeds later when you are much higher level. It will save a lot of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

GoGoGadget posted:

Just to clarify, on Steam both the Triple Pack and Riders of Rohan are required for all expansion packs, right? Because the Riders of Rohan thing says "Evendim, Moria, and Lothlórien Quest Packs: Unlock the content in three iconic regions and get over 650 quests, 10 fellowship instances, and two raids" which to my uninitiated brain makes me think it comes with the previous three expansion packs?

- Evendim was in the original game, it did get a very nice revamp since then.
- Moria was part of the Mines of Moria expansion
- LothLorien was added as an update to the Mines of Moria expansion if my memory serve right.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

GoGoGadget posted:

So I need to buy both packs for everything?

This I do not know unfortunately. I bought the original and the expansion a while ago.

I was answering if the zone were part of an expansion or not.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

xZAOx posted:

Out of the zones I've done so far, I've found this one [North down] the most frustrating, plus it just never ends as I started there my early 20s and I still have quests reaching into the 40s from there.

Yeah Turbine havent gotten around to do a complete revamp of that zone yet.

In the beginning when there was no expansion, North was all we had (along with Trollshaw and Misty Mountain) to get you up in level to enter Angmar.

I guess they could revamp it east-west with west being an alternative to lone-land to get you to 30 and the east being group content for 30-40.

As far as guild raiding goes, yesterday we've run a few Barad Guldur (Durchest) farming. Was just a matter of asking who was interested, grouping up and filling in the missing position with pubbies from glff... Went very smooth.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
If it ever come to that
I can already say
That it will have been a good ten years :)

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

Falsey posted:

I'm wondering what's best to do with all these drat legendaries clogging up my bags.

You should always have a few legendary just leveling up at all time. Once they reach level 30 you can save one legacy when you deconstruct them.
I usually keep a few item slots only for level up LI to 31, deconstruct jackpot on heritage, relics and legacy and switch them for fresh ones.

The LI for other class I sell them on the AH. Some will fetch a good price (Hunter's bow for example) and some other (mostly class items) will fetch just a few silver but it's already better than (almost) nothing.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

Blackdog420 posted:

Hey guys, I got this game when it came out and then took a 5 year hiatus. After seeing The Hobbit I became giggly and obsessed with the Tolkien universe again.

I'm in the process of transferring my character to Silverlode. I'd like to join the guild.

My character name is 'Endrid'

EDIT: Apparently they gave me a FREE loving HORSE

You can also have some exclusive 5-year decoration on your portrait. Right click and there should be an option there.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
I find war-steed are not as smooth as regular horse and do experience rubber banding sometime but I never had it that bad.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
I am Nazgun 85 LM, Daia 65 RK, Jaia 65 Guardiant as well as a few others alts I almost never play.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
What do you get for completing every quest in Hytbold ?

What I've done is grind reputation for The Wold, Norcroft, Sutcroft and Entwash Vale. I've gottten enough token to get all my class gear and then some more for some of my alt.

Anything special happen when you finish Hytbold ?

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

dug fin posted:

If you don't plan on playing alts, finishing Hytbold is completely pointless.

If you do play alts, it's a good idea. When my Champion hit 85, he already had a full set of Hytbold waiting for him.

Alright that confirm what I tought.

I may as well convert some of the token to get the return to snowbourn skill.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
I've also had less time to play this game lately with mid-term exam and finals arriving soon. Also very busy at work.

I'll be back eventually.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
I haven't been logging much lately either. My colleagues introduced me to league of legends and it's pretty fun. I've also tried Rift since it went f2p and I gotta say the class system is much more dynamic.

I will probably log back when the next expansion hit, hopeful it will be good.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Server merge is the only reason I would log back too. I played on and off since beta and my lifetime sub was a really good investment over the years but since the last expansion I have only logged in a few times, haven't even reach max with my lvl 95 guys.

Be sure to let us know on the board when it's happening so I re install and hopefully still have some fun with the game :)

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
I'll follow wherever the kin goes too.

And who knows maybe I'm going to play again :)

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Yeah I've been logging in too in the last few days (after a few month absence) and leveling my Lore-Master from 88 to 92 as of yesterday. West Rohan is kinda fun I have to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AskYourself
May 23, 2005

extra stout posted:

Post your name and I mail you pipeweed and stuff. Also would everyone be fine with a new thread if I can write one up? Won't be right away, might wait until there's at least a preview of Minas Tirith out. The data on the first post of this one is outdated and doesn't mention the new Beorning class or half the game.

My main character's name is Nazgun.

• Locked thread