Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
yeah im gonna give up on tryin to enjoy civ im like 5 hours in and still on the same game??? on a tiny map???

gently caress man i didnt know games lasted this long no thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

BULLETS CURE ISLAM posted:

yeah im gonna give up on tryin to enjoy civ im like 5 hours in and still on the same game??? on a tiny map???

gently caress man i didnt know games lasted this long no thx

I've had 12 hour games, easily.

I just started playing Dark Souls tonight and holy poo poo, I'm addicted.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

I've had 12 hour games, easily.

I just started playing Dark Souls tonight and holy poo poo, I'm addicted.

I'm on hour 4 of a game with at least another 4 hours to go. Part of the fun is working a long-term strategy or having it all fall to pieces only to bumfuck some other semi-workable plan into action.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'm on hour 4 of a game with at least another 4 hours to go. Part of the fun is working a long-term strategy or having it all fall to pieces only to bumfuck some other semi-workable plan into action.

My best game ever came down to Ghandi vs Me. He kept attacking my borders, but just skirmishes, nothing that would really cause any real damage. Finally I said gently caress it, and sent the majority of my military in and hosed poo poo up.

By the time I got to his capital I realized he was 4 turns away from a Space Race victory. I had to get as much of my force as possible to attack the shuttle pieces, and force him to stop building the cockpit. I ended up taking 2 of the Giant Death Robots in and just laying waste to as much as possible, then nuking India with half my forces still in country.

I won a time victory that game.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

My best game ever came down to Ghandi vs Me. He kept attacking my borders, but just skirmishes, nothing that would really cause any real damage. Finally I said gently caress it, and sent the majority of my military in and hosed poo poo up.

By the time I got to his capital I realized he was 4 turns away from a Space Race victory. I had to get as much of my force as possible to attack the shuttle pieces, and force him to stop building the cockpit. I ended up taking 2 of the Giant Death Robots in and just laying waste to as much as possible, then nuking India with half my forces still in country.

I won a time victory that game.

Goddamn. I haven't had any like those but the AI has always been set to "pussy rear end motherfucker". My battle with Atilla is still going on. The dude launches an attempt to wipe my civ off the map every 20 turns. There are no skirmishes; just straight up war. Bi-polar dude.

Next game I'm gonna skip the first eras. Swords and poo poo are meh. Just want guns.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I had Civ II on my ps1 when I was in highschool. Turns used to take so long during end game that I would do one before school, come home for lunch and do another one, and do one again before I went to bed. That game was awesome.
I have Civ IV, it is pretty cool, scared to get too involved though, too easy to lose 5+ hours without thinking about it.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
im 18 hours deep in far cry and about 12 of those hours are from today. game owns

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

holocaust bloopers posted:

i guess id rather just shoot people in the face so dont really have patience for it

its down to me(america) vs japan and im just nuking them and bombing them a lot because im a child

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
Is Battlestations Pacific any good?

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

i guess id rather just shoot people in the face so dont really have patience for it

its down to me(america) vs japan and im just nuking them and bombing them a lot because im a child

Its pretty fun to just nuke the gently caress out of the AI for no reason.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

Veins McGee posted:

Its pretty fun to just nuke the gently caress out of the AI for no reason.

That's pretty much how I have always played Civ. It's just the best way to do things.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
anyone played kerbal space program? it looks fun but im a huge nerd :'(

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Yeah it's pretty cool. You just strap rockets to things and then go, "Where did I go wrong!?" as your space men plummet back to the earth while either being boosted by a rocket or when their parachute rips off the pod and then they explode.

Then you do it all over again until you do it on the moon.

And then eventually you make it back to earth from a moon mission.

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot
Sup bros.

Steam Name: Helldump Immunity
XBL: limfac
PS3: limfac
Origin: AlcoholicMom

On PC: Planetside 2, Chivalry, BF3 (we need more of this imho), Mass Effect 3

On PS3: Farcry 3

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Dec 30, 2012

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Aside from getting together a board game crew (Gotta get this setup, will be awesome)

Would love to setup a large DEFCON game, maybe even a slower paced one with alliances and poo poo, or just straight up nuke mayhem skirmish. Either way I'll host ventrillo.

And what is the final tally on people wanting to get a board game crew together and what day works best? I'm 100% flexible because my life is just retirment bucks and disability disney dolalrs now no work.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

Aside from getting together a board game crew (Gotta get this setup, will be awesome)

Would love to setup a large DEFCON game, maybe even a slower paced one with alliances and poo poo, or just straight up nuke mayhem skirmish. Either way I'll host ventrillo.

And what is the final tally on people wanting to get a board game crew together and what day works best? I'm 100% flexible because my life is just retirment bucks and disability disney dolalrs now no work.

I am totally down with the defcon idea, game is a lot of fun and its sad nobody plays it anymore.
Frozen Synapse would also be a good game to do something with, maybe a league? Dunno, I am pretty terrible at it tbh.

I could do board game crew on most weeknights, but honestly I am limited to just pc, no xbox.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I just reinstalled DEFCON, I am down for a GiP DEFCON game/ladder/league.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Anno 2070 has been a huge disappointment for me. Actually kind of hate it.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
Drinking Founder's Porter and plodding through some of my Steam backlog over the holiday. Playing the first Darksiders right now and really enjoying it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

vacation in kabul posted:

Anno 2070 has been a huge disappointment for me. Actually kind of hate it.

It's really an acquired taste.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

anyone played kerbal space program? it looks fun but im a huge nerd :'(

It's fun if you're into that thing. I get bored with it after an hour or so, but I just like flinging poo poo into the moons.

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot
I don't have the attention span to start Baldur's Gate II :(

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
ATTENTION GIP GAME PLAYERS

LARGE SCALE DEFCON GAME TONIGHT, 8PM or 9PM CST

LEAVE YOUR STEAM ID AND AN AYE IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE

VENTRILLO WILL BE AVAILBLE

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

ATTENTION GIP GAME PLAYERS

LARGE SCALE DEFCON GAME TONIGHT, 8PM or 9PM CST

LEAVE YOUR STEAM ID AND AN AYE IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE

VENTRILLO WILL BE AVAILBLE

FOOTBALL IS ON TONIGHT STOP

COWBOYS REDSKINS FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT STOP

NO THANK YOU STOP

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
human being 01, HOLOCAUST 01 -- WILL NOT BE ATTENDING MATCH. DELAY FOR WX.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
FORGOT IT WAS SUNDAY

WILL TRY AGAIN ON ANOTHER DAY

OH GOD IVE MISSED MOST OF THE GAMES TODAY

gently caress ME

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I AM POSTING IN ALL CAPS SO I FEEL INCLUDED

THAT IS ALL

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

AB posted:

I AM POSTING IN ALL CAPS SO I FEEL INCLUDED

THAT IS ALL

..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

..-. ..- -.-. -.- / - .... . / -.-. --- .-- -... --- -.-- ...

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

..-. ..- -.-. -.- / - .... . / -.-. --- .-- -... --- -.-- ...

-... .. .-.. .-.. ... / ..-. .- -. ... / .- .-. . / .- .-.. .-.. --- .-- . -.. / - --- / .... .- - . / - .... . / -.-. --- .-- -... --- -.-- ... / ..-. --- .-. / --- -... ...- .. --- ..- ... / .-. . .- ... --- -. ... .-.-.- / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / -... . / - --- / .- .-.. .-.. .- ....

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

-... .-. --- / .. / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- .. -. --. / .-. . ...- . .-. ... . / . -. --. .. -. . . .-. / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / ..-. --- .-. / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- .. -. --. / ..-. ..- -. .-.-.- / -.-. --- -- . / .- - / -- . .-.-.-

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGY-bdMbriM&t=9s

:colbert:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

lol touche

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

-- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / .. ... / ..-. --- .-. / --. .- -.-- .-.. --- .-. -.. ...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol touche

5354455020555020594F55522047414D452042524F

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Fuckin losers

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
^^^ to be fair you're posting while on vacation :twisted:

AB posted:

5354455020555020594F55522047414D452042524F

Hexadecimal don't scurr me!!!!

genderstomper58 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 31, 2012

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

^^^ to be fair you're posting while on vacation :twisted:

Hexadecimal don't scurr me!!!!

I looked for a machine code translator to trump you but no dice.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

AB posted:

I looked for a machine code translator to trump you but no dice.

Yeah man you literally reached the end of my knowledge I didn't even remember what hexadecimal was called and had to google it heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Oh man I'm totally down for Defcon. I got that poo poo waaaaay way back in the day and tried to get my friends to play it, but it was "boring and slow" which proves that my friends are faggots.

Also, when playing, I :airquote:promise:airquote: not to betray the everliving poo poo out of any alliance members I may have. I also may or may not just launch every nuke I have as soon as I can just to see what happens.

• Locked thread