Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see

Fazana posted:

To provide an alternative to Bummey, I paid full price on the ipad for it and felt it was worth every penny. The tilt controls are great, it looks good and it has tons of content.
I really want to like this game (freelancer nostalgia probably) but I feel like I'm missing some auto pilot option somewhere. After the first few story quests it seems every job is 3-4 galaxies away which is AGES of pointless clicking. Am I missing something or does the developer hate fun that much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007

Allan Assiduity posted:

Ascension is really good so far, bit of a shame that Summoner Wars isn't really as good from what I've seen - it seems kinda like there's a lot more IAP for a minimum of content, like that Magic game on iOS.

Just want to say that Magic offers a lot of content in the base game and the standard decks are still top-tier competitive even after all the expansions. Never felt cheated by that purchase.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007

Dvlos posted:

How the.. what the.. you play this?

Careful on that Truckers Delight game. The animation came out ages ago and is totally awesome. The game is nothing more than a tilt racing game with basic powerups, not NEARLY as cool or strange as the video from whence it came.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
I haven't heard any mention of shadow era in some time - they just released a pretty massive update with 150 new cards. Strangely enough they didn't update their app but released a completely new one instead.
The app is free and you get a starter pack which is enough to dig in and start playing. You earn 2 currencies to buy packs or individual cards to make up your deck - it can get expensive if you really get into it, but for most people a one time investment for a 2nd starter pack is enough for some interesting options and you can buy individual cards from there. It's a fun game and there's an easy matchmaking system with rating.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
Nice review. io_burn, hire this man!

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I don't know if I'm getting this new merchant app one goon made - I'm just buying/selling and not really giving a poo poo - does it open up or is it this?

Wasn't this game, like, YOUR idea in the last thread? Could have sworn you posted the idea for a dungeon merchant game or something similar...

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
Papa Sangre is on sale for 99c. It's a strange Binaural audio game.
http://appshopper.com/games/papa-sangre
First time in 2 years it's gone below 5 bucks.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

I don't know how you can live like that.

I was like that too until all the video players on iPad pulled ac3 support - since then I've held out on updating the media players and now the update badge doesn't bother me at all anymore. I've been desensitized.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007

obi_ant posted:

How's the Final Fantasy IV (3 in America) port? It was the first FF game I beat and I'm down for some nostalgia.

Was my first too, have a soft spot in my heart for this game.
If you haven't played this version on DS, it's worth it. I enjoyed the increased difficulty - it's a proper challenge at parts now.
That being said, the poster above is correct: make sure you download an augment guide and follow that, there are almost no spoilers and it won't detract from the enjoyment at all.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007

UncleSmoothie posted:

Empire gets a rare five out of five from Pocket Tactics: http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-empire/

Game's pretty cool, man. Tiger cavalry. Big gently caress-off roaches trying to eat your cities.

Isn't that from the 100 Rogues dev?

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007

Ulu posted:

My game got a very nice review on 148apps.com, so i'm posting it, in case someone is interested in a free word game : http://www.148apps.com/reviews/morphem-review/

Your game is great, good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
I don't know, I still play it because it's still the same gameplay - still scratches that old puzzle quest match 3 and do moves itch. I think if you're not obsessing about having top level characters and winning every tournament it's not so bad. Also after the Thor and wolverine balancing they are still immensely powerful.

I still think the original puzzle quest did it better with levels, skill points, equipment, pets, captures enemies etc... There was just a lot more to do.

• Locked thread