Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
So . . Zombie Block Party. I feel stupid for not figuring it out at first but it took me a while to realize that I have to physically go places on the world in order to move my avatar. I was really frustrated for a while and felt like ditching the game. Not sure if it needs to be made clearer or I just skipped past that part in the instructions but oh well.

Right now I've got my guy and I trained up a hunter. Can I train multiple hunters in one location, and if so how? Everytime I hit the train button it says to go to my current location first. Once I go there it says that I can't use train ability on hunters. I guess that means I can only have one hunter per location?

Also I see zombies spawning all around me. I"m guessing that I have to turn into a zombie before I can spawn other zombies but again, I feel like this wasn't really made clear in the instructions. My initial thought was that I was going to take over places as a human and then create a zombie horde to protect it but apparently that's not the case.

If anyone familiar with the game wouldn't mind throwing up some information about the differences between hunters / zombies and how to create your armies that would be great. I went to the games website but it doesn't really have any information, just a picture of the game and a link to the app store.

Overall I think the game looks cool, I just don't understand it very well.

edit: While I was playing this I'm listening to an old podcast and they're interviewing Dan Harmon (creator of Community)and they've spent the first 20 minutes talking about Pocket Planes and Harmon's obsession with it! Surreal.

http://www.popmyculturepodcast.com/2012/pmc-101-dan-harmon-and-erin-mcgathy/

Keystoned fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
So a few days back everyone was posting about being super excited about Clash of Heroes and I decided to grab it. Funny thing, when I searched for it the closest match I could find was Clash of Clans. After checking out the screens / descriptions I decided that it was probably the game everyone was talking about and grabbed it and started playing.

After about 5 minutes I thought to myself "really, this is game that SA loves? It seems like a cool idea but goddamn I'm still in the tutorial and the IAP is just being shoved down my loving throat."

I lasted a few more days before realizing that Clash of Heroes just wasn't out yet, and the game I was playing really was a piece of poo poo. It's a shame cuz I think the idea behind Clash of Clans is pretty cool and really appeals to me but goddamn, it's the worst IAP whorish game I've ever played.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

elmer fud posted:

Can someone recommend me some fun free games to download?

Solomon's keep. Solomon's boneyard. Hero academy. Blockheads. Tiny tower pocket planes nimble quest. Walking dead "ep 1 is free I think". Crickler. Letterpress. Infinity blade. Magic 2013 "free game, expansion packs are $". Plants vs zombies. Unpleasant horse.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

SquadronROE posted:

So, I have an anti Super Bowl party today. Are there any good iPad party games that only require one iPad?

Gentlemen! I havent played it but i remember it getting good reviews.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

FlashBangBob posted:

You can't change your company's name or ticker. The reason is mostly that other players need to semi-remember you for stock bidding and performance.
A good way around this would be to give people a one time name change the first time they get listed on the market. This would help impatient idiots like me who make a throwaway name without realizing its going to be important.

Edit : also the game looks neat. I just started but so far im into it!

Keystoned fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 8, 2014

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
On Electrium how do you increase resource storage supply? My next ship costs 5 electrium but i can only store 2.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

FlashBangBob posted:

You probably can't afford another Electrium so you are only holding two now

You're right. I swear I checked that and could afford to buy multiple but I must have miscalculated. Thanks.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
On electrium it looks like other people had the same idea as me to buy all their fuel and invest in harvesting ships only because fuel has gotten stupid expensive.

I wish that instead of deleting ships you could retire / garage them but still be able to pull them back in later. This would give us more incentive to keep buying new ships and spending minerals and make it so we arent afraid to move out upgraded ships and lose that investment. This would give me incentive to invest in a new fuel ship and start harvesting gas now while the market is favorable and allow for some more interesting management choices.

Speaking of upgrading ships I am dissapointed in how it works currently. I upgraded my harvesters so i can hold 150 spacerocks, but a long harvest still only yields 100 rocks and burns 100 fuel. That means i still have 50 capacity but no fuel to load it. Right now it seems that upgrading ships is a bad investment until this is balanced some. Maybe you could make the hold expansion also increase fuel storage and then have the long harvest just be a fill to max rather than a set amount?

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
A few more words about Electrium because it's my main pop in time waster at the moment.

The hike in fuel costs right now is really killing me. Fuel is sitting at 3.31/unit and everything else except Radine is < 3.00. If I average the 4 elemental prices I get 3.08/unit revenue. While it is leading to some interesting decision making (is it worthwhile to keep producing spacerock when fuel is so expensive?) I do hope that the two are somehow linked and that if fuel remains at such a high level then the cost of elements will also increase to compensate (as it would in real life conditions). Also I am definitely to blame for having to shill out so much for fuel right now since I chose not to build any gas harvesters thinking I could buy all I needed. I'm paying the price right now and it hurts. Having the option to garage ships without destroying them so I could build in some gas ships now and then swap my rock ships back in at a later date without losing them be a huge help and increase my investment in my company.

With stock market bidding I had originally thought that when people bought shares of the company the owner either received the cash or had the total bids added into the company worth. It looks like that isn't the case and there really isn't any benefit to the company from being invested in. From an owner's perspective there should be some type of tangible benefit from investors purchases by either adding this into the companies net worth at some point after the purchase or adding in a second equity line related to stock sales that is only accessible by the company owner. This would give more interest by the owner to increase the company valuation and hopefully result in higher stock prices.

Another idea that might be fun would be to let the owner set a minimum bid amount to discourage all of the lowball underbidding that people do. This would have to be coupled with a return to the owner from stock purchases so that a company has incentive to set it high enough to maximize value but low enough not to discourage investors. My final thought on stock bidding - right now everyone lowballs as much as possible because there is no downside to being outbid aside from not getting the purchase. If there was some type of fee assessed for failed bids (10%)? then people would be more likely to bid higher and the companies could start getting higher valuations.

I also think it would be worthwhile to add in a maximum amount paid on the stock ticker line after the minimum paid. This would give people a range to consider when bidding and would "hopefully" result in higher overall stock prices. Right now they seem really low for a lot of companies and personally it's pretty frustrating to see my stock selling for a lot less than other companies with 1/2 my valuation when I'm consistently returning 10x the amount of the lowest investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Games for kids

My daughter loves monument valley. She just started first grade.

• Locked thread