Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RoboCicero posted:

Don't think it's a sequel, it's just another developer aping the original. It's unpolished enough I dropped it in favor of other games.

Pocket Mine is surprisingly enjoyable and the grind to make new cards is decently interesting, though it's mostly about crafting chests together. I find it doubtful that a rainbow chest is worth 5 legendary ones, but I'll go for it anyway.

I've also only ever seen the Mummy, Santa, and Digitron 3000. Is there a prerequisite that I have to meet before seeing Greedy Goblin or any of the other ones?

Ah I thought it was the same guy. I played to about level 20 and it's alright but it's absolutely nowhere near as good as Dungeon Raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
My high score in Flappy Bird is 7. I can't decide if the game is terrible or brilliant.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fallom posted:

iOS gamers discovering Helicopter for the first time

Just like they discovered Crush The Castle for the first time when it was reskinned as Angry Birds. (And it was probably something else before it was Crust The Castle, with my luck...)

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
I mean, you abstract one layer out and it's just an artillery game, like QBasic Gorillas or Tank Wars (my personal fave: money, rudimentary physics, multiplayer, weird shells). State of the early 90s art

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
So, I have an anti Super Bowl party today. Are there any good iPad party games that only require one iPad?

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
My experience with Flappy Bird:
Installed
Scored 1
Scored 10
Deleted
Played Super Hexagon

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

SquadronROE posted:

So, I have an anti Super Bowl party today. Are there any good iPad party games that only require one iPad?

Madden NFL 13
Backbreaker
NFL Kicker 13
NFL Quarterback 13
Mike Vick: Game Time
Pro Football Strategy 2013

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

SquadronROE posted:

C'mon man, you've all got iPhones too. Get some Spaceteam action going.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

SquadronROE posted:

Gentlemen! I havent played it but i remember it getting good reviews.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Pan Ache posted:

The pinball arcade is a great game if not a little cumbersome on the iphone. The table list is huge now and while each table is individual iap there's a free table of the month every month. My one bitch is that using the touch controls on the iphone sometimes blocks my view of the table and that tilting for me is less precise than on the other platforms. I'm basically just mad I have tpa poo poo purchased on xbox though.

So I threw some money at osu! because I've always thought an ouendan style game was perfect for ios but I'm interested in comparing, what other music games do people recommend?

Cytus is another amazing ouendan-type game with a ton of free songs. Deemo, by the same developers, is also pretty rad.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Necroneocon posted:

Madden NFL 13
Backbreaker
NFL Kicker 13
NFL Quarterback 13
Mike Vick: Game Time
Pro Football Strategy 2013

Anti is generally a prefix meaning not. No one at the party enjoys football. Backbreaker perhaps though. Does it realistically model spinal injuries ruining someone's ability to generate a living?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

SquadronROE posted:

Anti is generally a prefix meaning not. No one at the party enjoys football. Backbreaker perhaps though. Does it realistically model spinal injuries ruining someone's ability to generate a living?

Pretty sure it was a joke, doofus. Jocks rule nerds drool

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

goferchan posted:

Pretty sure it was a joke, doofus. Jocks rule nerds drool

What is a joke I don't get jokes.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

King Bahamut posted:

I mean, you abstract one layer out and it's just an artillery game, like QBasic Gorillas or Tank Wars (my personal fave: money, rudimentary physics, multiplayer, weird shells). State of the early 90s art

QBasic Gorillas also paved the way for Scorched Earth. The best game to play with your friends and ensure some fighting breaks out when you :airquote:accidentally:airquote: fire off a Death's Head at some teammates.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Parkingtigers posted:

C'mon man, you've all got iPhones too. Get some Spaceteam action going.

This is the only party game worth playing.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is the only party game worth playing.

GOD drat IT REVERSE THE loving POLARITY JAMES WE KNOW YOU HAVE oh wait thatone'sminesorry FLIP FLIP FLIP

(If you haven't played this game you should at least have people try it out once.)

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I actually tried space team before but most of my friends have Android phones and not iPhones so it was actually difficult finding players.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

SquadronROE posted:

I actually tried space team before but most of my friends have Android phones and not iPhones so it was actually difficult finding players.

Newest version has cross-platform multiplayer for Android & iOS as long as you play over wifi and not bluetooth-- it's touted as being in beta, though, so not sure how well it woks.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

SquadronROE posted:

Slice

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

goferchan posted:

Newest version has cross-platform multiplayer for Android & iOS as long as you play over wifi and not bluetooth-- it's touted as being in beta, though, so not sure how well it woks.

Works great. Had a Nexus 4, ipad 3 and iphone 4 in the same game and it was flawless.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Another vote for Spaceteam. I convinced my board gaming group to try it out one day and we had a whale of a time yelling at each other about decrumping the zargulizers or whatever.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
You Don't Know Jack can be played with an iPad as the main screen but I'm not sure it would be any good.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

SquadronROE posted:

most of my friends have Android phones and not iPhones

Get new, superior friends.

So did you guys end up playing Spaceteam or what?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

An excellent review for Dungeon Keeper:

http://superlevel.de/spiele/review-dungeon-keeper-ios/

If you got some time, do a cruise of the various review sites. People are ripping it to shreds.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo it's a sequel to 10000000.

It's called You Must Build A Boat, and it's coming this year.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is the Room 2 just The Room+epilogue or is it a whole new game?

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

UncleSmoothie posted:

quote:

Between the puzzle-matching runs, you’ll be exploring a strange land in a choose-your-own-adventure style, collecting resources to build the titular vessel, and capturing monsters and recruiting allies to crew it. You’ll be able to import your save game from 10000000, which will unlock “special benefits”.

drat now I have to replay 10000000...but I'll love every second.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

AND it's going to be free for the first 24 hours of release, jeeze, awesome. Hope he makes a ton of money off it. Am I misremembering or did he post here a few times?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

NESguerilla posted:

Is the Room 2 just The Room+epilogue or is it a whole new game?

A whole new game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh wow. I thought epilogue just came out. Guess I've got some puzzles to burn through.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

xzzy posted:

If you got some time, do a cruise of the various review sites. People are ripping it to shreds.
I'd love to read this, but they've made sure that on my iPad all I see is a portion of a giant zoomed-in GIF over the actual content. :mad:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

TACD posted:

I'd love to read this, but they've made sure that on my iPad all I see is a portion of a giant zoomed-in GIF over the actual content. :mad:

:thejoke:

\/\/\/ Ah, nevermind then

101 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 3, 2014

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

On iOS you can't see what the gif is of just the lower left corner.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

UncleSmoothie posted:

Oh, good news. Although the title has got that song from Black and White stuck in my head now.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

UncleSmoothie posted:

Man I hope this isn't a tie-in for that loving Noah movie with Russell Crowe that's coming out.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

McDragon posted:

Oh, good news. Although the title has got that song from Black and White stuck in my head now.

Oh gently caress you, now I've got it too. It's like a virus. :(

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

xzzy posted:

I guess it's about perspective. I looked at it and thought "Oh hey, this is a pretty good iteration on Clash of Clans" rather than getting hung up on "This is a really crummy version of Dungeon Keeper". People are ripping it to shreds because they are comparing it to some theoretical iOS version of Dungeon Keeper which doesn't exist that they would TOTALLY pay $10 for no REALLY. But looking at it in the marketplace on it's own merits.. it's not awful. EA have brought it on themselves for using the licence though because it begs the comparison.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

MissMarple posted:

I guess it's about perspective. I looked at it and thought "Oh hey, this is a pretty good iteration on Clash of Clans" rather than getting hung up on "This is a really crummy version of Dungeon Keeper". People are ripping it to shreds because they are comparing it to some theoretical iOS version of Dungeon Keeper which doesn't exist that they would TOTALLY pay $10 for no REALLY. But looking at it in the marketplace on it's own merits.. it's not awful. EA have brought it on themselves for using the licence though because it begs the comparison.

Yes I thought that too, both are really bad games. Obviously this is a perspective thing, but I am tired of games like that, it's been done and now it's a mad cash grab to saturate the market. We had a legitimately good IP to explore on the mobile market and instead they made a thing that already exists.

I mean that's why I'm mad at videogames anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

MissMarple posted:

We could look at the game on its own merits, but by choosing to use the Dungeon Keeper brand, EA hoped to benefit on at least some level from what people associate with that brand in addition to the merits of the game itself. As such it kind of follows that people familiar with the brand will complain if the brand is used deceptively. It's not really a fault of the consumer if they're presented with something that uses a name they trust, but delivers on nothing they associate with that name.

• Locked thread