Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Is there something wrong with my ipad 3 or does Fieldrunners 2 HD really take a couple of minutes to load?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

It scales the amount high level players can take from low level players. The amount you can lose against players at similar town hall levels to yourself (how the scaling's calculated) is a percentage of what's in your stores, plus all of what's in your generators, so it's best to collect regularly.

Also I've been playing for months and haven't seen this mythical $900 "win now" button.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

It's been left behind in the genre it kickstarted. Other games have already done more fluid courses, bits where you're not running, etc. so I'm not sure what "new" they're bringing to the table? Still, they've got brand recognition so it'll set the charts on fire.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

How do you guys feel about the new Ghostbusters game?

I ground my way through Battleheart a few years back, but I recently quit Middle Manager of Justice due to boredom and frustration. The novelty of the theme wore off due to the constant speed bumps.
I enjoyed what I played of it (finished floor 2), but the controls can end up getting you killed - even on an ipad it's really bad at knowing what you;re trying to select when characters overlap even a little.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Picked up GTA Chinatown wars on a whim and I am astonished how good and polished this game is. If anyone is on the fence about this game just do it. Absolutely fantastic game for a mobile platform. I am playing it on my iPad and it runs great. One tip is to turn on analog steering.

Anyone who has played this know what gold medals do? I just got a gold medal for tattooing but I can't figure out what it did...
As far as I remember it's just a completionist thing.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Bummey posted:

And part of the problem is that developers have gotten on their knees and chugged the 99¢ money fountain. They should all go back to prices that make sense for their product. If the app market crashes, it crashes. That's the risk we have to accept.
Developers should do what you want and if that puts them out of business then that's the risk they should take.

Bummey posted:

Mark it on AppShopper, wait two months, download for free. There is little reason to ever pay for an iPhone game.
Oh.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

MissMarple posted:

Based purely on observational guesswork, i'm guessing that when you move a building it does some horribly unoptimised stuff that makes it drop a bunch of frames
Yeah, definitely something to do with the game's clock, when I left the game I got spammed to poo poo with notifications about new clones arriving. To the point I had to shut down my ipad to stop them from repeating.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

So I got to 150/150 in Pixel People last night, and got the new update this morning. Now I'm at 150/155 but when I go to splice there are no new combinations. Also some of my buildings have new jobs available (Chocolatier, Jeweller, Wedding Singer are the three I've noticed).

How do you get people in to the new jobs?

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

JazzFlight posted:

Before I update Pixel People, does the move building money glitch still work?
Yes.

edit: Just got all green creatures but the achievement didn't trigger. They don't seem to have spent a lot of time QAing this.

FreakyZoid fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Feb 14, 2013

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

eeenmachine posted:

Well it is working out pretty well for the millions of people who are playing a ton of games for free, just sayin.
It's not working out for so well anyone who wants to read about iOS games without 7 out of every 10 pages being crying about f2p.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

I had problems getting achievements to trigger. Try tapping the game centre icon (from the town hall) - that's what made the game eventually realise it couldn't count for me. It really is staggeringly badly coded.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Counterpoint - I find Jones on Fire muddy & dark with too many random chunky spark things all over the place, so I can't really tell what's going on well enough to react.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

You keep talking about your fans - what if someone loves your game and wants to give you $20 for it? You're making that impossible.

I dunno, seems like you've tried f2p for what 5 days, and have decided to fling the other way almost without giving it a chance to get legs (seeing people buy IAP only after being engaged for 7 days or more is fairly common). Still I guess it makes the story easier for the "why iOS f2p is closed to indies" postmortem you set yourself on writing just days after launch.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

nomapple posted:

I wonder how much money they've actually made off it?
Plenty

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Orvin posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good picross app for iPhones? I have played through some of the Pathpix games, but I am looking for an actual Picross game this time. A quick search of the App Store turns up a ton of games.
Pixelogic is pretty good and has free daily content going back to June 2009, so it should keep you busy.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Nimble Quest - how come I have to use buttons to scroll the shop menu when the rest of the game is swipes?

Edit: same with navigating the tabs on the "get tokens" screen. Why can't I just tap the tabs?

FreakyZoid fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 28, 2013

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Is it really time for the IAP bitchfest again? Boy, that seems to have come around quickly this week.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

The answer to every Pixel People question is "because it's a really buggy mess".

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Woah there's been a lot of posting in the iOS games thread, there must be a cool new game everyone's talking abo... oh it's this time of the week is it?

I've been playing a lot of Blockheads since the last time it got mentioned here. I think I prefer it to Minecraft, the 2d and controls really suit iOS.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Stop spending $200 on your hobbies, only spend it on things that goons approve of.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Huebrix is a really nice little puzzle game, check it out if you like blocks.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Bummey posted:

I'm going to go lie down now.
This is exactly what people always say they want - the ability to buy f2p games outright and eliminate any grind.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

KGBAgent185 posted:

I picked up Warhammer Quest and as someone who has already stated they loved the bastardized board game version Hero Quest that was released in the states.
Since you keep saying this - Hero Quest was the result of a license with MB games (it was made by one of MB's designers) and wasn't just released in the states. 6 years later when the contract with MB ran out (and also post-Advanced Hero Quest) GW did their own remake of it as Warhammer Quest. So HQ isn't really a bastardized version, it's the grandaddy of WQ.

/nerd knowledge

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Portrait to view inventory. Why? That is just insane.

Also found it annoying the tutorial doesn't really explain a lot of the rules of combat. Like what "pinned" is, why my dwarf attacks a bunch of people sometime, why my barbarian can't attack at all sometimes, that the elf can fire over characters but the wizard can't.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

chanza posted:

So far I'm really enjoying Warhammer Quest. The rotate-for-inventory is nonsense though, and I only found it accidentally. If you're going to hide away a key feature of the game, at least show tutorial popups or something the first time you find an item.
It does - in the tutorial mission my guy found a two handed sword and it made me go to the inventory to equip it.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

superh posted:

What in the world does this mean? I could understand if you're sitting at a desk with it propped up being an issue, but in bed turning it is somehow a burden? I think it would be a good idea to add a button too, but man, I just do not get these complaints. Is it like, plugged in and stretched to it's limit or do you only have one hand free or something?
Laying on back with the iPad resting on my chest, holding it up with left hand and tapping with the right hand. To rotate I either have to pick it up with the left hand and end up with that holding it at the top, or pick it up with my right hand and switch tappy hands.

It's a pretty 1st world problem, but then we're talking about dumb usability issues they've unnecessarily created in a video game on a luxury electronic item. Glad to be able to help unblow your mind that people find this pretty annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Play Happy Street and buy yourself whatever the cost of Animal Crossing is in IAP.

• Locked thread