Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I just noticed that punch quest got a 2012 editor's choice award and it is still featured in the App Store, grats guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Bummey posted:

There's a new Battleheart clone out, Sci-Fi Heroes. It's not great, has some slow down and rather long load times on a 4, but... whatever, more Battleheart-like gameplay and I'm totally okay with that. It's also free and loaded with iap. Battleheart 2 can't come soon enough.

I don't usually play these Facebook login games. I used the login as guest, is it not going to save my progress since I didn't login with Facebook?

It doesn't really have a good progression arc I found. I got to the third planet, of four, and you go from being invincible to unable to progress like a brick wall.

I used battle heart kiting tactics to beat most of the mission, but the ranged guy spawned and it was all over.

Also, upgrading items works differently than in battle heart which was surprising at first. This game made me want to buy battle heart on iOS so I could play it on my iPad, but I just took my android phone out instead.

Did the devs actually announce they were working on battle heart 2?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I got curious about the pay to win Clan Wars game. I looked on the App Store and couldn't find anything named: Clan Wars.

Am I just blind or is it short for something?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

marshmonkey posted:

It's an arcade game, not a timer button pushy thing.

With a "Game Over" screen. You had my curiosity, now you have my attention.

:clint:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

ChocNitty posted:

There are so many time/resource farming management games. Mant of which are massively popular with high reviews. I just wish there was one clear cut winner. Happy Street has a great art style, but Clash of Clans has a cool PvP component. The Simpsons Tapped Out looks like a lot of fun though.

I downloaded Gears a long time ago when it was free, and only just started playing it a couple days ago. It's a great game. The touch controls are very satisfying, and the game looks great. The challenge curve is just right.

The problem with the PvP for Clash of the Clans is that without spending money on the game, you will almost never be hurting for resources (At least I'm not so far, I have 2x each producer, 2 of each at level 8, and one upgrading to 10, and the other to 9 right now ) but rather for builders. Unless you pony up gems to buy another builder or two, doing the PvP is just filling my coffers that aren't emptying at this point anyway.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kepa posted:

I unlocked everything to see how Dungelot was, and got to floor 38 as a paladin in my best game. A little while after that I accidentally triggered the freeze bug and decided that was a pretty good time to delete the game.

Freeze bug? Please explain.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

junglistvip posted:

Anyone here play Clash of Clans? I'm far too addicted to it.

Started a clan 'Crusader Kings' if anyone wants to join.

Don't we have a bunch of people playing this? I started playing a bit back and I have a question. I cleared out every obstacle on the map, yet I have 49/50 cleared for the achievement thing. Did I miss something obvious?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

psylent posted:

I've been playing since Xmas (level 39), I'm at the stage now where upgrades take 3-5 days so I'm only really logging in once a day for 10 mins to tidy up and collect coin/elixir. I'm going to spend the next few weeks slowly upgrading everything as much as possible before launching any more attacks.

It's always fun to make 6-8 bombers and 120 goblins and then search for a juicy target to quickly top up on coins/elixir.

edit: I just joined Crusader Kings.

Well, crusader kings that I found required 800 trophies to join?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

junglistvip posted:

How many trophies you got?

I'll lower it so you can join if needs be.

Ok, so I checked and I had 19.... I raided one guy, blew up his town hall and I'm over 200. I then apparently defended against 12 attacks, never been attacked before today.

E: just crested 300.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 12, 2013

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

junglistvip posted:

Put the limit down to 200 for the guys that didn't have enough.

I'm in now thanks! In as DrowningRabbit. I just lost my first battle apparently. Getting attacked with 100+ goblins was enough to activate the shield.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

triplexpac posted:

I think PS3 controllers have some weird proprietary thing going on? I'd like to use one with my PC too, but I have to spoof my computer to make it think it's a 360 controller to make it work with any games. They have some kind of driver incompatibility.

There is a third-party driver for PC at least for SixAxis Controllers. But I don't know of any standardization for it as of yet. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
What is with the massive amount of troop requests in the clash of the clans clan? I opened it quick to gather resources and I see 11 new messages, all were requests for troops.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Zagrod posted:

The Treasure Hunt update for Puzzle Craft is out on the App Store now. Gonna yank the update's description from our FB page

Well gently caress, there goes my productivity.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Fallom posted:

I'm pretty sure when the game first came out a while ago people were talking about how it was way too loving difficult.

That game was hard as gently caress when it first released. There was a patch that made it a lot more manageable later. I wouldn't say the reviewer was bad at games as much as the difficulty being way out of whack when he was trying to review it.

Unless the review was posted semi recently, then they are just bad. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

webmeister posted:

^^ Yeah it sucks. I got so excited when someone announced an iOS Theme Park port, only for them to what was basically an amusement park-themed Farmville clone.

I know it got panned by a lot of people here, but I'm actually having a lot of fun with Real Racing 3. Making a lot of money to buy nicer cars seems a bit slow, but so far I haven't really been annoyed by the servicing timers. I guess it helps that I'm not a ":spergin: must sit here for hours and finish game in one sitting :spergin:" type player.

If anyone wants to hit me up for multiplayer, I'm "thewebmeister" on GC.

Adding you for real racing 3. I'm having a lot of fun just upgrading my lovely Ford Focus RS. Hell I'm "playing" clash of the clans. I'm ok with slow timers.

If anyone else is interested in adding me: Drowning Rabbit

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I have been putting way too much time into injustice gods amount us. I have grinded out almost 65k credit, after spending too much on unlocking and leveling up supers.

Going to buy a gold pack at 75k, and see how far that can take me. How many cards do you get from a gold pack?

I can't see this game lasting too far beyond the console release. The in-app purchases are ungodly expensive. I can't believe how much characters cost in comparison to gold packs and poo poo too. The amount you earn from battles just isn't going to cut it.

It seems to be better than the math on that my little pony game, but not by much. I'm getting about 1200 from each clear of the battle just before the green lantern. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

You get a character and two "other" cards from the gold pack. I think you're more likely to get the super expensive support cards from gold but I'm not sure. A gold character is better than any bronze you might have almost right out of the pack so hope you get a good one like Wonder Woman and not a crappy one like Joker or Batman Beyond.

And yes everything costs way, way too much.

I ended up just saying screw it to myself and burning the energy cards that randomly were awarded for beating battles. Opened the pack and got Bane. He handles like a bigger Lex (Which I started with). Not horrible. He's no Flash, but he gets the job done.

It appears that I'm finally at a point in the battles (Almost to the Sinestro boss) where you start to get a more substantial amount for winning. The one bitch of it though is Bane was too weak to take out the silver characters solo at level 1, so I had to go back to my favorite pre-Green Lantern grinding spot to grind out some Exp for him.

For support I ended up with Shazam and Sinestro Corps... both cards are completely useless to me. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I accidentally clicked "don't ask again" when the injustice app asked me to rate it. What is the easiest way to reset that? They apparently locked a costume unlock behind that and I cannot get it to prompt me. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Bummey posted:

Delete and reinstall, then you'll probably get the pop up again.

Cool, I'll back up my save I guess.

I tried just rating it in the store to no avail.

I even created a new account to see if that would prompt it. :sigh:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

durty posted:

Ugh. Spent the last week or so grinding to buy a booster pack in injustice: gods among us.
Purchased the booster pack and as it started showing me the cards I unlocked the app crashed and when I reopened it I had lost the credits but gained no new cards.

Can't bring myself to grind it anymore

Check private games for a ID with everything unlocked for the console use.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Splits posted:

I just started playing Clash of Clans and I don't hate it yet. Is there a goon clan at all? Should I quit while I'm ahead and find a new game? I kinda dig the run based stuff but the IAP is terrible.

Pulling back a few pages here, but I don't think anyone mentioned, the goon clan is "Crusader Kings"

If you just started, we'd probably have to lower the trophy req to whatever you have, so you can join.

The only rule is that you donate troops when people request.

Nobody really cares if you donate level 1 troops or level 6 troops. Higher is appreciated of course, but just having troops is better than nothing.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Happy Bear Suit posted:

INJUSTICE - Gods Among Us advice needed:

I ragequit for a while after getting my rear end kicked repeatedly by Sinestro in that one boss fight, but I'm back into this game after the latest version fixed it. Right now my A-team consists of:

Superman lv. 29
Superman Regime lv. 29
Doomsday (Gold) lv. 21

What should I do next? The way I see it I can:

1.) Spend credits upgrading my super moves
2.) Keep saving credits to buy the discounted gold packs, then increase the elite ranking of my existing characters
3.) Keep saving credits to buy the discounted gold packs, then get more gold characters like Batman and Womder Woman

Elite guys are the best investment, you can elite up to level 5 by the way. By the end, you will need it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Lorini posted:

Every time someone mentions Clash of Clans they are met with dead silence, so I assume something has happened so that no one can talk about the game.

Every time, I'm usually the only one to reply, and I don't read the thread religiously. Our clan is crusader kings, and we will likely have to lower the trophy req to get you in. JunglistVip is the leader in game who can do that for you.

We just don't have a huge amount of goons that keep playing. Only requirement in the guild is to donate troops. Doesn't matter the level of troops, all troops help to some degree.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Juc66 posted:

I have the same feeling about ascension.

I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for the jerks in here, and I've wasted untold amounts of time with the card game.

I almost bought the physical version the other day.
*single tear*

I got the physical edition for Christmas, it has been inboxes and played once, then one of the guys was all "this game sucks" and it hasn't been brought to game night since. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Bummey posted:

2009, 2010, and maybe 2011 are loving great and not heavy on IAP, but 2012 and BS2 are fulla that poo poo. Unlike the rest of the app store's new IAP trend, those games were made for the Asian markets where they eat that poo poo up and beg for more ways to throw money at video games. You can play them without spending extra money but you're gonna have a bad time because everything will be working against you as they're designed to make you consume paid items very frequently. It's a weird gaming culture they have and these hella grindy Asian games really do not translate well to Western markets.

I didn't even see 2011 when they all went on sale. I started playing 2013 and noticed the heavy amount of IAP, but stuck with it due to everyone hailing it. I'll try out 2010 instead and see if it is a bit more fun. Thanks!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Anyone playing duel of champions? The free to play heroes of might and magic card game? I'm getting balked by the altar of the spider queen mission. :( I took the infernal deck starter, and have like 50k gold from duels. I was thinking of buying the 75k gold starter for the magic hero.

Anyone have a suggestion on better starters or packs to buy? I'm saving seals to just buy a box.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations for card games like Magic?

Might and Magic Duel of Champions is doing well, and is a CCG with a lane twist.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Feenix posted:

About 11pm. Half hour from now.

Warhammer Quest looks cool in videos but something is really slow and quiet with regards to the act of swinging/firing your weapon.

I was hoping there would be some Touch Arcade link to use for the US store, but I guess it is only 13 minutes at this point. :v:

I've never gotten to actually play legitimate Warhammer Quest, but I played the poo poo out of the US inferior Hero Quest version, and even recently visited my Mom's house to grab it out of the attic.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I picked up Warhammer Quest and as someone who has already stated they loved the bastardized board game version Hero Quest that was released in the states. It is a decent port of the game. Some little things didn't translate, like having melee weapons that can attack multiple spaces away, or I haven't found any yet, but overall it's pretty great.

It can be unforgiving as gently caress sometimes, but still fun.

I'm curious though, I saw that the profile shows new skills up to level 6, there have to be more levels though. There is no way I could already have grinder out level 2 before the first story quest and be 1/6 of the way to max level.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

chanza posted:

So far I'm really enjoying Warhammer Quest. The rotate-for-inventory is nonsense though, and I only found it accidentally. If you're going to hide away a key feature of the game, at least show tutorial popups or something the first time you find an item. The amount of IAP is a bit distasteful, but hey, Games Workshop :shrug:

I also picked up Merchant to the Stars. It's really compulsive. I loaded it up and an hour just disappeared.

It is in the tutorial.

FreakyZoid posted:

Since you keep saying this - Hero Quest was the result of a license with MB games (it was made by one of MB's designers) and wasn't just released in the states. 6 years later when the contract with MB ran out (and also post-Advanced Hero Quest) GW did their own remake of it as Warhammer Quest. So HQ isn't really a bastardized version, it's the grandaddy of WQ.

/nerd knowledge

Huh, we'll I stand corrected. I had always been told previously that hero quest was GW bringing Warhammer Quest out of the UK and was the lovely version.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

nutranurse posted:

Playing Warhammer Quest on hardcore is so much fun. Sure, it's bullshit when my guys die, but it does add a nice tension to your progress!

gently caress Waagh!, whatever the poo poo it is. Also gently caress Gork and Mork.

Once I finish I'll probably go through on hardcore again. Loving this game so far, but looking at the map and the progress indicators it feels like I'm getting close to done already and I'm just getting into level 4. I've also already gotten some masterwork rare weapons on my guys which makes them hilarious to play with. Deathblow combos clearing out entire rooms!

One thing I didn't see explained is the stats. Does toughness lower damage taken? How much toughness would wounds be worth?

Also ballistic skill, my marauder and iron breaker just leveled that up, but while my marauder can use bows, my iron breaker cannot.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

DrManiac posted:

After buying WarHammer I have to agree with it not being worth it content wise even though I like the base combat.

You get 7 hub towns which are the exact same (just a bog standard list of shop/training/church) and 9 main quest. You also get 3 types of random quests that just have you getting a random piece of loot, rescuing a random nobody, or killing some monsters but ultimately they still just amount to you getting to the end of the dungeon ripped from one of the main missions and killing a bunch of monsters in a room. After casually playing all day I'm on main quest 6 of 9 so I can probably be finished by the end of the day if I wanted to be. It's crazy how little missions there are in the main game when they are charging an additional $5 for a day one expansion and $3 for an extra hero when they don't even give you an extra one beyond the party limit to change things up a bit.

It's kind of a shame because I can easily see how good it could be if they just made all the missions random and made the point of the game to see how far you could take an adventure's company before you got it wiped out.

I had the exact same impression. I'm at the point where I'm not really fearing too much, but if I go to the last area I still have some heroes get downed. I pick them back up, but it happends. I'm hoping the permadeath difficulty can make the game more long lasting. Really that is what it needs is more content. It claims 25 hours with all dlc, but that must be including simply grinding every character to max level which is completely unnecessary.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So for those of you that didn't want to get into warhammer quest because of the portrait thing. I am laying down now playing, which is what the #1 complaint was, and found that simply locking rotation fixed everything. Unlock if you actually want to go into the inventory. Works well for me at least.

Also, god drat hardcore is a bit more difficult. Got -2 WS on my fighters from a string of bad events and lost everyone in my party but my Marauder.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere but can't confirm: download the app/game on your PC and install it through iTunes. It does whatever un-archiving on the computer so you don't need the x2.5 extra space on the device.

We need a trip report on this because if this works that helps so much.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Emron posted:

I just had such a stupidly long dungeon in WHQ with so many random spawns that I got enough experience to make the game say I could level up my maxed out archer. 33k experience. At one point I got stuck in a cycle of random spawns appearing at one end of a long hall, then the other.

If you're wondering, getting more than 32k experience just makes it say you can level up. Nothing happens in town. I was kind of hoping there would be more than six levels to gain.

Do you have the expansion? Someone said it went to 10 earlier in the thread. I'm still grinding to get my party to 6 to tackle the final dungeon. Then debating picking up the expansion, because its still fun. Also trying hardcore and holy poo poo most of my party keeps getting wiped due to lovely rolls.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Emron posted:

Yeah, this was in a Skaven story dungeon.

Well poo poo. On a different note, mind reporting on the expansion? Worth the $5 is it about the same size as the main campaign? Can you start at level 1 and does it have more equipment?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Emron posted:

I'm not sure about when you can start it, I'm still using my team that beat the main story. It looks about the same size as the main quest, with nine story quests and some more towns.

The thing that'll jump out at you is that the Skaven have way more health. The dungeons are larger too. I've only done a couple so far, though. I think it's worth it if you enjoyed the base game.

Well poo poo, guess I'm buying the expansion once I beat this last quest.

This game feels like a $5 demo with $5 unlock iap though so far. Blasted through the main story missions quickly, and have been grinding non-main quests just to level for a while. However, I can't say I mind.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Apocron posted:

What does resetting quests in town do in Warhammer Quest? Does it mean I can do the same quests again or do I get a fresh quest line?

Also, why would you retire an adventurer? Because they get bad stat rolls?

I assume you can simply do the same quest for the village again but I haven't done it. You may want to retire and adventurer because of poo poo rolls, I keep considering re-rolling my iron breaker and archer due to them each getting ballistic skill increases and weapon skill respectively.

Having just bought the Skaven pack, I got into one of those bad luck streaks where you cannot get out of a room. Every single end of turn had another encounter for 11 turns. I counted. I also got level 5 to 6 done on everyone but my wizard.

Are skills random on level up as well as stats? I have a level 5 grey wizard who still has yet to get occam's razors :saddowns:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Lorini posted:

How do you use bandages in WQ?

Equip them in portrait mode, then on the bottom left there are two tabs you can pull up. Swipe up on the left one to access your equipped inventory and the right one is the warriors abilities. Click on it and the ones you can use it on will show up with colored squares under them. Green for help, red for harm.

Bandages have 1 range as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
What about lunar: silver star story. It is an old rpg ported to iOS. It is kind of anime, but decently cheap for what you're getting.

• Locked thread