Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
There's an incredibly awkward bath scene between Billy and Melville, too. The Worst Dad. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DAD TO SAVE THE PRESIDENT? (iirc there's actually only one "president" in the Suikoden world, and that's over in Jowston)

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Don't forget President For Life Lepant of the Glorious Toran Republic, comrade.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!
Okay, it isn't an update, but Astrasia over on tumblr drew a thing in response to the plays, and it is beautiful.

For people who don't feel like clicking links:

Nash performing in his wife's clothing. :allears:

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!
Chapter 5.8 - Take Back True Lightning

The thread has voted, and so we're bringing Geddoe's usual crew with us, as well as Jeane for some extra zapping power. We'll need that, since we're going up against one of the final bosses in the game without packin a True Rune.

Er, thanks I guess.

No other words of encouragement?

Okay.

So, here we are.

: "This path leads to the True Lightning Rune. We're counting on you!"

: "This path leads to the True Lightning Rune. Go ahead. We'll take care of things here."

The main room, which we are in now, branches off into four paths aside from the entrance.

Here, let's back up a little.

There we go. Four paths -- left, right, top, and bottom, with each one marked by two NPCs from a different tribe/culture. You get one guess as to who gets which.

The only on that is even capable of throwing you for a loop is the Duck path, but by process of elimination, that one goes to Sasarai.

I actually really like how they gave the Lizard path to Geddoe, though, considering his strong ties with the Lizard Clan and their previous leader.

Apple and Caesar are also here, for party changing and stuff. There's also a save point.

If we back up a little more...

We end up at the actual front of the ruins. It's actually quite a large construct, though if you try to get a good shot of the whole building the camera shifts angles. So this is about as good as I could get.

South of the structure, the area seems like a barren wasteland, complete with dirt and dust getting kicked up in the wind. The pockmarks that were on the minimap are where large boulders and spires jut out of the ground. It's not a very friendly looking place.

While I was checking out the entrance anyway, I actually left for a little bit.

And this is (the main reason) why.

I wanted to see if I could cheese the fight with Pale Gate. It turns out you can't, but that's okay.

I also buffed up everyone's skills. Well, for certain definitions. A few of them are pretty much done, so they've got a ton of skill points lying around with nothing to do.

I also fix up everyone's weapons, so imagine this screen a lot but with the others too.

Okay, that's enough of that.

Heading back now, we can see where the Ceremonial Site is on the map. It's basically right in the middle.

All right, now we're ready.

The group has a short meeting once they're in the first corridor, which Ace decides to kick off by stretching.

: "I suspect our pathway will be cluttered with frightening creatures..."

: "Oy..."

Geddoe's being a little quiet.... er. Quieter. Than usual.

After a few contemplative moments, he decides to speak up.

: "Hush, boss! I'd go to hell and back for you!"

:3:

Of course, that's exactly why Geddoe feels bad about dragging them into this -- he feels about the same towards the rest of them.

Joker seems a little prickly today.

Aila flinches at how casually Ace seems to have accepted that they are -- or, at least he is -- going to die here. She takes a few stumbling steps back towards the wall.

She's not ready for them to die.

She's lost one family already, she's not losing another one.

: "We've got to live..."

He's serious.

Queen walks a little ways further down the hall.

: "I'll drink to that!"

: "Right. Let's just get this over with, shall we?"

They all look toward Geddoe.

He turns toward their goal.

Also, he's smiling.

:unsmith:

Don't worry, Aila. I won't let anyone die. I won't even let anyone go down.

We can now proceed into the ruins. The path is pretty straightforward, as well as pretty short, but I'm actually quite fond of this dungeon.

Over by what was once a fork in the road, we can find a plant. It usually hasn't quite spawned by the time you're here, so you can't do anything with it, but at the very least I like the visual behind it, of the collapsed corridor where the three top paths probably once connected.

Not much else in this room.

The encounters for this area, by the way, are mostly these guys. I've also seen golems about, usually in groups of two.

There's also the off-chance of seeing an Azzodess as a regular enemy, now. She's also never alone, which is a pain, but at this point she's not too dangerous.

The next room is a giant platform not unlike the one where we fought the Fire Rune dragon. Also, wowzers, look at those pillars. Someone on the dev team had a lot of fun packing so many patterns into the architecture here.

Domed ceiling, nice.

There are some neat patterns on the walls and ceilings as well. Also, a lot of 3's on the ground.

Next area is also pretty plain, like the first room.

I do like how they break up the monotony by having these fissures in the wall and pillars obscured by stone. It's neat because it's not in the way, so the structure still feels pretty sound, but you can tell it's gone unused and uncared for for generations.

End of the path. It's a lot brighter here than it was further in.

Aaaaand that would be why.

Yuber's over there, waiting for us.

Behind him, a shrine or monument of some sort where the True Rune is encased.

I have a theory as to what this structure was used for originally, based on the layout and that relief of True Lightning on the stone slab. I wonder if Sindar didn't use this place to seal away the 5 elemental True Runes. Before Harmonia ended up with them, I mean.

The troupe shuffles into place, ready to fight, as Yuber walks casually to the center of the room. Or, remains of a room.

"Sorry, I was busy acting."

: "I'll believe it when I see it. I was there 50 years ago, when the threat was the same. You get stronger with time."

: "A reward for escaping death, I suppose."

Yuber pulls out his weapons first.

:allears:

All right, Yuber; let's dance.

For his final encounter, Yuber has brought some friends to the party -- three skeletons and a Hellsteed.

Now, this battle is not easy. It's not the hardest, but it's not easy.

I suggest you start off with Aila berserking people, as per usual.

Alas, she actually didn't hit anyone with it this time. Statistically, it was bound to happen at some point, but it's still kinda heartbreaking.

Owww. Yuber can now hit chumps up to three times, depending on distance. This is not good.

We hit him too.

Though he counters Queen.

The horse isn't a big deal when it's just doing normal attacks, so this is fine.

You might notice the skeleton in the back has started to cast. This battle is basically the only time you have to actually worry about them getting their magic off and doing damage, but even their strongest spells won't hurt as much as Yuber's regular attacks. Pick them off if you can, since they go down easily, but the firehorse and Yuber are higher priority.

EhhhHHhh...

I mean, the damage was good, and it killed one of the skeletons, but I'd hoped to hit more of them. Unfortunately, everyone running around the field means line-attacks can get screwed.

Yeouch.

Less yeouch, only because Geddoe wasn't already low on HP.

So, Joker has been casting this particular spell since last turn. This is the final spell for the Pale Gate Rune, and one we haven't seen before. Having a long cast time can be pretty dangerous, but it turned out okay.

I'm ready.

Holy poo poo.

I wasn't ready.

Holy hell.

So, this attack hurts friends and foes, but it's pretty much 100% worth it. Even if I accidentally stopped Aila's chanting. It also killed that skeleton on the far left.

Ace isn't actually getting healed in this shot, by the way. I'd given everyone in the party a Sacrificial Jizo so that when they went down, they'd be back up. Since the only way to revive a downed character is with one of the later Water Rune casts, which no one even has that kind of rune on them, it can be a good idea to pass them around for tough battles. This is the first time I've used them for the LP.

Yuber tries to seek revenge for those sweet numbers, but he misses.

More numbers.

Just a parry, thankfully.

Geddoe kills off the final skeleton.

This is the emberpony missing Ace again. Joker is kind of in the way of the shot.

Okay, here's hoping this goes through this time, because Ace is out of Jizos and Yuber is berserked.

I have Jacques use his Boronda Hawk now, since it gets priority over everything else. I hoped it would at least kill the cindercolt, but no such luck.

Thankfully, Aila goes next.

Back in the clear, for now.

Just a parry, but blargh. I swear, he gets harder to hit as the battle goes on.

Joker is back to hitting things with his fists for the moment.

Geddoe remains on zapping duty.

He takes out the horse.

Oog.

And there's Jackques' Jizo.

Next turn, and Joker uses his up too.

Aila keeps healing.

And Ace actually takes him down!

Levels are had, as is this loot.

As if he'd be dead, right?

:raise:

He got away.

Geddoe doesn't seem particularly surprised at this, but still.

He's gone now.

We won't be seeing any more of him after this.

And there we have it.

True Rune back where it belongs, we can move on to the next of our heroes.

yokaiy fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Aug 27, 2015

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
Holy crap. I never noticed that the different platforms have the emblems of their True Rune on them. Neat.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

She's all revved up and ready to go.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Does Yuber have heterochroma, or is it just a trick of one eye being obscured by his hair?

quote:

Speaking of that shot, you used it twice.

You meant to wedge that one in there too:

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

FeyerbrandX posted:

Does Yuber have heterochroma, or is it just a trick of one eye being obscured by his hair?

He does, and unlike, say, Yuna, there's no real explanation for it. It's one of the things that's so unusual about him and springs up a lot of theories.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

FeyerbrandX posted:

Speaking of that shot, you used it twice.

You meant to wedge that one in there too:

Whoops, thanks for that. It's fixed now. :downs:

Also, yup. Not only does he have heterochroma, but one of his eyes has a slit iris like a cat and the other has a normal one.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

I assume this was meant for the Pesmerga/Yuber storyline that sadly ended with this game.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

...and that was the last thing anyone ever saw of Yuber, thanks a lot Konami. :arghfist::saddowns:

https://youtu.be/HI0x0KYChq4?t=1m31s

Those little pre-dungeon scenes are so great. :3:

I think I found Yuber probably the toughest supposed-to-be-beaten fight in the game first time through. Then again it's possible I was just running from encounters...

And wow, Pale Gate looks so much better here than it did in V, it's not even a question.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

vilkacis posted:

I think it's a mistranslation - that's actually supposed to be us talking to her.

Also missing a comma.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

vilkacis posted:

...and that was the last thing anyone ever saw of Yuber, thanks a lot Konami. :arghfist::saddowns:

I think I found Yuber probably the toughest supposed-to-be-beaten fight in the game first time through. Then again it's possible I was just running from encounters...

And wow, Pale Gate looks so much better here than it did in V, it's not even a question.

Yeah, first time I fought Yuber I had a few dudes KO'd by the end of the fight (kinda like yokaiy would have if not for those Jizos).

Anyone know the attack type of Yuber's weapons? Because I think part of the problem with me is that the best defensive gear I could get for most of Geddoe's Gang was high-level chain mail, which has that nasty little "Thrust Def -1" in their descriptions. Yuber's attacks don't SEEM like thrusts, but who knows? Programmers are a sneaky lot.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Empty World is just a spell that I'll always remember. I mean, a gigantic ghost pirate ship coming from the clouds and just shelling the enemy before lasering the gently caress out of everything is kinda hard to forget.

Why couldn't they just make that the fog guide ship in IV? I mean, it would be more memorable

EDIT: I do remember Yuber being a motherfucker mostly because Geddoe's normal party isn't equipped to face off with a predominantly physical attacker that will ruin your poo poo when he hits you.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Aug 27, 2015

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

vilkacis posted:

Maybe the story will get finished in the Suikoden: Erotica of Violence pachinko machine they will make. :smith:

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

^
You delete that post right now before they see it!

Xander77 posted:

I think it's a mistranslation - that's actually supposed to be us talking to her.

Jeane is actually a very modest young lady who simply happens to lack understanding of your hyooman fashion on account of being a member of The Swarm.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Bufuman posted:

Yeah, first time I fought Yuber I had a few dudes KO'd by the end of the fight (kinda like yokaiy would have if not for those Jizos).

Anyone know the attack type of Yuber's weapons? Because I think part of the problem with me is that the best defensive gear I could get for most of Geddoe's Gang was high-level chain mail, which has that nasty little "Thrust Def -1" in their descriptions. Yuber's attacks don't SEEM like thrusts, but who knows? Programmers are a sneaky lot.

Honestly, I just think that it's because he's that strong. You know what -- I can test this theory.

Okay, so here are his stats according to one of the guide books (yes, I own a copy, shh).

I can't read all of those kanji (though I think I know which means what stat), but here's the low-down:
~He is level 60.
~He has 4500 HP.
~He has 190 power, to say nothing else of the rest of his stats.
~He has a B+ in Heavy Damage.
~He has an A in Swing.
~He has a B+ in Damage.
~He has an A in Parry.
~Also he has a Reflect Ring, apparently, so I'm pleased to know that we somehow tore that off of his finger before he warped away.

Now, let's compare this with the max possible stats for oh, let's say, Chris. Because I found her max stats pretty easily and didn't feel like searching very hard.

According to the Suikoden wiki, at level 99, the level cap, 33 levels above this Yuber we are fighting, Chris has:
~169 power. That is 21 less than the Yuber we just fought.
~596 HP. That is 3904 less than Yuber. Not necessarily a fair point, because Yuber has JRPG Boss HP, but still.

The point here is that Yuber has more power at level 60 than Chris does at level 99.

Okay, now let's compare that to our team right now.

This is after we beat him up, but whatever.

Geddoe is actually one of the strongest people we've got. Even though he's a mage-type, he actually beats Chris and Hugo in power. Here, at level 58, almost the same level as Yuber, he has 159 power, compared to Yuber's 190. The only things he is beating Yuber in are magic (and not by much) and luck (what is that stat used for).

Yuber is actually just that good. I don't even want to see him at level 99.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I read it as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPxsS_-LTe0

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

yokaiy posted:

and luck (what is that stat used for).

LUCK! (Hah!) Good god, y'all! What is it good for?!

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

I was thinking of the exact same song.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
I read the plot prior to this point a while ago, so maybe I forgot/missed something - but I though one of the True Runes (or all of them) taken from our heroes were going to be used to destroy the True Wind Rune?

In which case, why is the True Lightning Rune just hanging out on some plinth or altar?

--did it have to be there, in order for the ritual to work? This place is really old, was it made to do this ritual, since the sign of Lightning is carved there?

Yuber is guarding it, which is definitely one of the better ways of safeguarding, but still; why did they put the True Lightning Rune there, instead of keeping it nearby?

Genuinely asking for a plot explanation (if it wouldn't be a spoiler) - not being snarky.

Thanks!

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Well, the simple answer is: Sindar. :iiam:

But really, Sindar ruins tend to be incredibly complex in form or function. Given that we just fought Yuber at an altar bearing the True Lightning Rune's symbol, that's where they designated it should be kept for whatever function the ruins would use it for. Yes, it would make sense for Luc to just keep the runes sealed right next to him, but this is probably the only way he can access enough of their power to do what he wants to do.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

yokaiy posted:

Now, let's compare this with the max possible stats for oh, let's say, Chris. Because I found her max stats pretty easily and didn't feel like searching very hard.

According to the Suikoden wiki, at level 99, the level cap, 33 levels above this Yuber we are fighting, Chris has:
~169 power. That is 21 less than the Yuber we just fought.
~596 HP. That is 3904 less than Yuber. Not necessarily a fair point, because Yuber has JRPG Boss HP, but still.

The point here is that Yuber has more power at level 60 than Chris does at level 99.

Actually, since there's some variance in stat gains, Chris' power can vary widely. Suikosource has a list of stat growths for each character (spoilers be within, obviously!). Chris actually has a solid middle-of-the-road Strength growth of 05, and by level 99 she can have anywhere between 91-189 Strength. Which is actually where pretty much anyone except dedicated warriors and dedicated mages will end up. Most people with higher growth rates will simply have better gains at lower levels. Cecile and Juan actually have the highest listed growth rates there at 10, and gain 6-7 Strength points per level from 3-21, but then taper off at higher levels, to the point where several other characters will have a bit more raw strength. The two of them can end as high as 242 if they get the maximum gain at every single level (which is unlikely as hell unless you really go out of your way to munchkin them, so they'll probably end somewhere around 200). As for the other toughest fighters?

Borus, Duke, Dupa, Fred, Gau, Geddoe, Nicolas, Reed, Twaikin, and Wan Fu can all hit 248 Strength at 99.
Bright, Emily, Leo, and Shiba can get a point higher with 249.
Hallec (in what should probably be a surprise to no one) can actually hit the CAP of 255. As can one other character, but we'll leave that for later, even with spoiler tags.

Sorry, enough :spergin: from me.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Kacie posted:

I read the plot prior to this point a while ago, so maybe I forgot/missed something - but I though one of the True Runes (or all of them) taken from our heroes were going to be used to destroy the True Wind Rune?

In which case, why is the True Lightning Rune just hanging out on some plinth or altar?

--did it have to be there, in order for the ritual to work? This place is really old, was it made to do this ritual, since the sign of Lightning is carved there?

Yuber is guarding it, which is definitely one of the better ways of safeguarding, but still; why did they put the True Lightning Rune there, instead of keeping it nearby?

Genuinely asking for a plot explanation (if it wouldn't be a spoiler) - not being snarky.

Thanks!

It's been a while since I an slow as hell so here we go:

The original function of the building is a mystery, but Luc plans to use it to destroy the Wind Rune.

The ruin has pedestals for the Elemental runes, so they were probably housed here by Sindar at some point, but that's just my theory. Each pedestal has it's corresponding rune carved into it. Luc's plan is to set the other 4 runes on their pedestals, then go to the center and perform a ritual to use the power of the others to crush his True Wind Rune, and him along with it. Since he needs to be at the center, he has the others being guarded.

Verant posted:

Well, the simple answer is: Sindar. :iiam:

But really, Sindar ruins tend to be incredibly complex in form or function. Given that we just fought Yuber at an altar bearing the True Lightning Rune's symbol, that's where they designated it should be kept for whatever function the ruins would use it for. Yes, it would make sense for Luc to just keep the runes sealed right next to him, but this is probably the only way he can access enough of their power to do what he wants to do.

This too.

Bufuman posted:

Actually, since there's some variance in stat gains, Chris' power can vary widely. Suikosource has a list of stat growths for each character (spoilers be within, obviously!). Chris actually has a solid middle-of-the-road Strength growth of 05, and by level 99 she can have anywhere between 91-189 Strength. Which is actually where pretty much anyone except dedicated warriors and dedicated mages will end up. Most people with higher growth rates will simply have better gains at lower levels. Cecile and Juan actually have the highest listed growth rates there at 10, and gain 6-7 Strength points per level from 3-21, but then taper off at higher levels, to the point where several other characters will have a bit more raw strength. The two of them can end as high as 242 if they get the maximum gain at every single level (which is unlikely as hell unless you really go out of your way to munchkin them, so they'll probably end somewhere around 200). As for the other toughest fighters?

Borus, Duke, Dupa, Fred, Gau, Geddoe, Nicolas, Reed, Twaikin, and Wan Fu can all hit 248 Strength at 99.
Bright, Emily, Leo, and Shiba can get a point higher with 249.
Hallec (in what should probably be a surprise to no one) can actually hit the CAP of 255. As can one other character, but we'll leave that for later, even with spoiler tags.

Sorry, enough :spergin: from me.

Welp, the Suikoden wiki has failed me, but even then, looks like level 60 Yuber still out-powers level 99 max stats Chris. Also, I like having you here to :spergin: since I'm not as good at it myself. :haw:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Here's something that's a bit more in depth about Suikoden growths. Just using Suikoden 2 as an example since there is more documentation but

Pesmerga has an S rank growth in strength so he starts with 14 strength at 1st level. From level 2-19 he has a range of 4-5 with a 25% chance of gaining five strength when leveling up. However from 20-59 he has a range of 2-3 with a 75% chance of gaining three strength on level up. Then from level 60-99 all characters have a range of 0-1 with a 50% chance of even gaining a stat.

Interestingly enough, Wakaba & Long Chan Chan have painfully average HP growths but start with a *10 multiplier on the base HP. Wakaba otherwise shares a HP growth with noted HP walls like Nina, Mokumoku & Koyu. Another interesting thing is that statistically speaking Oulan is the best tank in the game with A+'s in protect & magic defense.

AngryOlScotchCup
Dec 6, 2008

Looking down, watching the world's progress.
Getting caught back up on this thread and noticed the link to Thomas' picture broke on the first page.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Really, guarding something by putting it behind a Yuber is about five nines of security.

Though I do like how Geddoe isn't like super-hyped with the pre-fight banter or anything.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Glazius posted:

Really, guarding something by putting it behind a Yuber is about five nines of security.

Though I do like how Geddoe isn't like super-hyped with the pre-fight banter or anything.
Personally, I think he's just saving his anger/witty banter for the eventual showdown with Luc. Granted, said anger and banter will be delivered in the most :geno: manner possible.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

AradoBalanga posted:

Personally, I think he's just saving his anger/witty banter for the eventual showdown with Luc. Granted, said anger and banter will be delivered in the most :geno: manner possible.

As I recall all three of our heroes have fun things to say to Luc, but Geddoe's is definitely the best.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

CmdrKing posted:

As I recall all three of our heroes have fun things to say to Luc, but Geddoe's is definitely the best.

And don't you worry, I will be showing all of them off.

I'm attempting to show off Hugo's version of the Yuber fight (since it's True-Rune based, Hugo fights him if Geddoe is the FC), but he kicked my rear end, so it's taking a little longer than I'd like.

AngryOlScotchCup posted:

Getting caught back up on this thread and noticed the link to Thomas' picture broke on the first page.

Well, I guess it's been brought up enough times that I should actually get off my rear end and fix it. :v: New Thomas picture coming up momentarily!

e: Thomas' image in the OP is now fixed! Hooray! :woop:

yokaiy fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 31, 2015

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.
This was my favorite moment in my original playthrough. The fight took me three separate attempts, but I will never forget finishing it the same way you did: with a simple stab from Ace that brought Yuber down. What a slobberknocker :bahgawd:

In fact, this entire final dungeon is really cool. Though that "hardest battle" thing is definitely coming up :sigh:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Now that we're nearing the end, can we discuss when and how you will start your S4 and S5 LPs?

please

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

hanales posted:

Now that we're nearing the end, can we discuss when and how you will start your S4 and S5 LPs?

please

Start a S4 LP by lighting the disc on fire in a holy tribute to Leknaat and skipping straight to S5

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
vilkacis already did the heavy lifting and took care of Suikoden IV. Wasn't Yokaiy going to go back to Suikoden 1 or 2 after this instead or was that also vilkacis?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Rirse posted:

vilkacis already did the heavy lifting and took care of Suikoden IV. Wasn't Yokaiy going to go back to Suikoden 1 or 2 after this instead or was that also vilkacis?

I think that was going to be Vilk

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Poque posted:

Start a S4 LP by lighting the disc on fire in a holy tribute to Leknaat and skipping straight to S5

S4 is actually really fun if you use a gameshark to lower the encounter rate and speed up ocean travel.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

hanales posted:

S4 is actually really fun if you use a gameshark to lower the encounter rate and speed up ocean travel.

To be honest, ocean travel lightens up considerably once you recruit Viki, since I don't think you have to actually sail anywhere besides new places and Rene's treasure hunting islands.

Though the encounter rate can also be lightened a bit with the Slash Rune and continued reliance on teleportation, it would be better if they let you have a Champion's Rune early in the game. Or at least earlier than right before the final boss fight. Sure, there's New Game +, but that requires you to make a full playthrough without it first. :argh:

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

hanales posted:

It's also fun if you take a hammer to it while shouting bloody swears at Konami for screwing everything up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is there a gameshark code to give 6-person parties, or to make it so the 108 star prize isn't actually a punishment?

• Locked thread