Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
drat.

Just,

drat.

:smith:

Edit: Probably shouldn't have been listening to this while reading that.

Alacron fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Apr 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

yokaiy posted:

Chris Chapter 3.2 - Village of Shamans

: "He's still angry."

"Also I burned down his village and some of my men slaughtered a bunch of civilians there, but that hardly seems worth mentioning :v:"

I feel like the whole war crime aspect of what happened at Karaya has been continually glossed over so far. I mean, so far the most attention it's gotten has been Geddoe kinda, sorta chastising Borus for it (though to be fair, Geddoe doesn't put effort into much of anything) and Borus maybe, sorta feeling bad about it later. Lulu's death is tragic, sure, but I'd like some freaking acknowledgement. Not even Sgt. Joe brings it up. :psyduck:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Voting for Hugo, like you said it makes the most sense plot wise and for god's sake, why would you ever want to take that True Lightning Rune off of Geddoe?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

yokaiy posted:

He cried about it for a while first.

You are just a treasure :allears:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I'm going to guess that Geddoe is Hugo's father, and that we will never learn this because Geddoe's options are,

-->Eh

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I didn't think anything would make me give up my CuQu avatar, yet here we are :T

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

This is just so much getting kicked in the rear end, right after we thought we got a neat advantage. But one person with a True Rune is still only one person, I suppose.

Two people, Geddoe still has his True Lightning Rune, and even if he becomes fire champion then TL jumps to Hugo instead. As for what the hell Geddoe was doing this whole update, well... :effort:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I feel like there should be more interaction between Chris, Geddoe, and Hugo at this point. It feels like we've been constantly building up to the point where the three groups come together and for the most part they've barely acknowledged one another.

Okay maybe it's just Geddoe who's ignoring everyone, and he just barely gives a poo poo in general.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Testekill posted:

Odd seeing Geddoe that passionate about anything but it comes across like Geddoe held Iroh very highly. I guess the big difference between them is that Iroh was fighting to protect something that he wanted to return to while Geddoe didn't have that anymore.

Well that's because Iroh had... a girl worth fighting for :haw:

I'll see myself out.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Chris
Geddoe
Bright
Futch

Edit: Vote changed to Big Viki

Yokaiy's choice for Support

Chris and Geddoe because I'm boring like that, Futch and Bright because I'm really hoping that Futch will ride that dragon the way Hugo rides Fubar. :3:

Alacron fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Dec 1, 2014

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

CmdrKing posted:

Bright- Remember Fubar? Same thing, slightly shuffled stats. Bright's tankier mostly. Unsurprisingly, he's another mount, meaning that putting him and Futch in the same pair means they become a combined unit. While at this point in the game you can get better tanks or more damage from separate units with good planning, if you ever find yourself needing to fill out multiple parties you can do a lot worse than sticking Futch/Bright in there and loving dragon breathing at foes.

:neckbeard:

Also, if using Little Viki means putting her on the bench for war battles then I might as well change my vote to Big Viki so I can see what all the fuss is about.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

yokaiy posted:

Chris and Geddoe are actually out for this battle... and the rest of the chapter. Alas. I dunno why the game gives us a glorious 5 minutes with anyone we ever wanted in a party and then takes it away from us once we reach the castle, but it makes me sad. I guess they're busy helping out our tactical council, or something, since they are also out for the rest of the chapter.

Admittedly, there's not much left in this chapter, but still.

Welp :T

Makes sense from a story perspective, though it does suck to lose out on the true lightning rune.

You know, the three protagonists thing worked really well in this game I think, having a bunch of totally separate parties allowed for more characters in the game's packed cast to have a moment to shine. I hope there's more "Split the party" moments down the line so that element doesn't completely fall by the wayside.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

yokaiy posted:

Can do, Lucia.

Lucia's getting all up in Geddoe's face, "You need to spend some time with the boy."

why yes i am going to keep this joke up for the rest of the lp

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I'm changing my theory, Geddoe isn't Hugo's dad, he's EVERYONE'S dad. :allears:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I remember buying this game and returning it for a copy of Dark Cloud 2. But in my defense, I was in middle school at the time and was pretty dumb.

I mean, I'm still pretty dumb, just not quite as dumb as I used to be.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

yokaiy posted:

See, this is why I will defend Luc as a character. He's been through so much poo poo, and been dicked around by multiple True Runes for his entire life, and realized that all True Runes are assholes. But he's not going to let them pull their poo poo anymore. He's going to completely destroy one of them in order to gently caress with the lot of them and throw them out of whack, and if he's got to destroy himself and most of the continent to get that done, then he is going to do it.

I don't think he's right, per se, but I can't fault him at the same time.

I've never beaten this game so I may be wildly off base here but I can find plenty of fault with Luc here. A lot of times in fiction (and in real life, sadly) the death toll of a catastrophic event like what Luc is planning is sort of downplayed. "A single death is a tragedy, but a million deaths is a statistic" as the saying goes. To really grasp the true horror of an event like this you've got to think in terms of every single person who would be affected by it, of the mothers who would try, and fail, to protect their children as this cataclysm hurtles towards them. Of the infants who are born on to die in the horror of an apocalypse. And most importantly, of all the puppies and kittens who would be literally torn to shreds by Luc's scheme.

Luc aspires not just to murder puppies and kittens, but to murder ALL of the puppies and kittens.

What Luc is saying here is basically that, since everyone is a "slave" to the true runes, their lives have no meaning. Better for everyone, literally everyone, to die in service of my cause than to live under my enemy's thumb. Ultimately though, Luc isn't any different from what he's trying to stop, he's sacrificing other people's lives to further his own agenda with no regard for their wants or their well-being. He's making everyone a slave to his will, the only difference is his time table is way shorter.

Luc is the villain, and he's shown himself to be beyond reasoning with. He needs to be put down, and put down hard.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Bufuman posted:

I'm no scientist, but doesn't a good chunk of the human body consist of atoms that are at their base, air molecules? Without air, everyone would disintegrate AND suffocate. That's not great, is it mate? ...Okay, I'll stop now.

I'd like to participate, but I don't think I should take the bait.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Knowing basically nothing about Tierkries, but the game was by a whole different team than the ones who'd worked on the previous games correct? I could understand why they'd rather make up their own thing wholesale rather than messing around with a pre-established world.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Daaawww :3:

quote:

Happy birthday, thread! I hope you all had a good holiday and new year and stuff! Mine was not!
What's up lovely holiday buddy :unsmith::respek::unsmith:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Anchors posted:

Please beef up Thomas to be a tiny god among men taller gods.

Fixed.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
A boss fight like this needs some epic boss fight music!!

But I don't have any for you so you'll have to settle for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the director leave Konami between this game and IV? If the main driving force bows out, I can understand later dev teams not wanting to gently caress too much with his story on the off chance that he'd come back. Or maybe they thought the metaplot wasn't as interesting as the nitty gritty political drama.

gently caress if I know though, the only things I know about these games are the Let's Plays.

• Locked thread