Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Finally got caught up on the LP and really love you showing off all the little cutscenes for everyone. I actually been playing along with the game as well, going with Chris as the Flame Champion, but I didn't know there was a prompt to change your character name to the Flame Champion's name during the big speech. Think I am going to reload so Chris isn't calling herself FC's name now.

Also I really enjoyed the Suikoden IV LP that Vilkacis did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

AradoBalanga posted:

I hope Viki "accidentally" teleports you into a collapsing black hole, Luc. t:mad:

Please pull through, Geddoe.

Nah, just use his real weakness...casting magic at a enemy army while they are using archers. Somehow that always kills him permanently in Suikoden 1. Which I feel it would been hilarous if somehow that state could been kept in Suikoden 3.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Alacron posted:

Lucia's getting all up in Geddoe's face, "You need to spend some time with the boy."

why yes i am going to keep this joke up for the rest of the lp

yokaiy posted:

I'm going to keep enjoying it for the rest of the LP. And probably for an unreasonable amount of time after, as well. :allears:

Yup. He steals whatever one Geddoe's got on him.

Until I started reading the LP and seeing Alacron's custom title, I was actually wondering if this was some actual revelation from the novelization.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jeedy Jay posted:

Oh, good - It's my least favorite part of the game. I really like Suikoden 3 overall, but holy poo poo does it invoke a lot of the worst narrative tropes that plague JRPGs.

Agree, this part isn't very good..also it feels really rushed compared to the rest of the game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mauman posted:

Though that is answered, in a fashion.

So you're saying the True Earth Rune was in Sasari's giant hat? I like to imagine that Sarah stole his hat and that's why she can now use it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Had a random thought when I see the Suikoden III LP's "If the Duck Has a True Rune I Will Flip Your Table: Suikoden III" right under Chip Cheezum's "Weird Uncles Destroy Ducks in Duck Dynasty [VLP]" in my bookmark feeds. I don't want to know what horrible True Rune the morons from Duck Dynasty would have.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I like Chris a lot (but not as much as Geddoe), and made her the Flame Champion in my last playthrough. That said, since her magic stat is pretty bad, I used the PCSX2 cheat feature to give her the same magic stat as Viki. Suddenly with that change and putting on some Flame Affinity accessories she suddenly became really good at using the True Fire Rune, which hit really hard now.

Not that mattered when Emily was in my party and just killed everything that moved before the rest of the party could move.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

yokaiy posted:

I actually think she's more of a victim of her story than anything. The first part of her story has her getting dicked around by the council, which she can't really do anything about, and the second part has her completely out of her depth wandering around Grassland, which she doesn't know how to react to.

I still like her a lot, but not as much as our other heroes.

He's actually pretty mature for his age. Can you imagine if we had Lulu instead of Hugo?

Just paste Lulu's head over Luca Blight laughing at a city on fire?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Or even worst, Flame Champion Alenia.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This part is pretty bad, but this part was pretty hilarious in my recent playthrough. I forgot that Sarah was Yumi, but it didn't stop me from just doing a bunch of the optional dungeons to kill treasure bosses. Figured Sarah just got so tired of ignoring the plot that she just attacked us in the middle of nowhere.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

yokaiy posted:

I think we're running out of True Runes we could potentially destroy instead of the elemental ones.

So far, the Gate Rune is the only one sounding more feasible than Wind, and that's like the one that Luc probably wouldn't go after, in light of it belonging to Leknaat. Though, doesn't she only have half of that one anyway? Also, I wonder if destroying it would affect the Dragon Rune too, since that's also kind of a dimensional rune? Or is it just the dragons that are dimensional and not the rune itself? Dragons are confusing in this series.

Very well, I accept this offering of music. Next time, I'll sally forth in a more dignified and aggressive manner. :colbert:

:haw:

:allears: Remind me to draw Sasarai and Shula having a pose-off or something.

Just make sure to have their aides and Josephine looking annoyed in the background.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Team Geddoe needs to be his crew of Ace, Joker, Queen, Aila, and Jacques.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Definatelly want to see Nash and Lilly in the Neclord play.

Pretty sure Yun and Jimba are actually usable in the play too.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Good news, Suikoden 3 is coming to the NA PSN this week, probably for $10.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If you need a Suikoden 1 to Suikoden 3 save, I do have one from when I played through the games recently. It would have the classic TcDohl name if I can find it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

yokaiy posted:

If you've got a plays-ready save with Sui1 data attached to it, I will definitely show off the last play. I don't think I have it in me to start a game over, though.

Thanks, guys. I have now gone and reuploaded everything that wasn't already through lpix or postimage (except that one Thomas in my characters blurb because I'll do that later), so we shouldn't be in danger of losing any more images, at least.

:stare:

That is amazing.

I might deleted the folder when updating OS, but if I can find it then save would be a Chris playthrough at the last dungeon.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

vilkacis posted:

...and that was the last thing anyone ever saw of Yuber, thanks a lot Konami. :arghfist::saddowns:

https://youtu.be/HI0x0KYChq4?t=1m31s

Those little pre-dungeon scenes are so great. :3:

I think I found Yuber probably the toughest supposed-to-be-beaten fight in the game first time through. Then again it's possible I was just running from encounters...

And wow, Pale Gate looks so much better here than it did in V, it's not even a question.

Maybe the story will get finished in the Suikoden: Erotica of Violence pachinko machine they will make. :smith:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
vilkacis already did the heavy lifting and took care of Suikoden IV. Wasn't Yokaiy going to go back to Suikoden 1 or 2 after this instead or was that also vilkacis?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FairGame posted:

I chose Chris as the flame champion :smith:

Same here. I did have a little fun last time and used a code to give her the same magic stats as Viki and upped her Flmae compatibility. That was honestly interesting, since she suddenly is very skilled at using the True Flame Rune, and can cast it pretty quick too!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Geddoe, Chris, Sgt Joe, and Thomas

Rirse fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 12, 2016

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just want to make sure this doesn't up in the lock status while yokaiy figures out a way to make Thomas tuff.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RareAcumen posted:

I don't think threads get locked anymore.

My thread in SA Mart for trading figures auto locked after a few months of in-activity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Plus there was other stuff like the portaits art going back to the weird Suikoden 1 art style that honestly never looked that great in the first game. Then stuff like only four party members now, which is still a decent number, but when you are a series that prides itself on the number of party members you can use, having the option to only pick three compared to five is a pain. It feels like how the original Suikoden was at times when your party was Tir, Gremio/Flik, and Vikor along with three others.

The idea of a ship castle was cool on paper, but what the game gave us was very dull, with it moving super slow...and the game giving you enemies to fight on it from the start of the game...in almost every single spot of water on the map.

• Locked thread