Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Sillyman posted:

By the way, not to be a dick about it or anything, but are you actually only allowing 50+ into the guild proper at this point or was the guy I talked to just rude? For some reason I don't trust him given that the thread says nothing of the sort.

I joined at level 1 :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Kejek posted:

Been enjoying this so much.

The server feels a bit more alive than my live server (Blackhand, which is fairly low pop), and I've had a few run ins with gankers (level 55 rogue in Redridge) and some world pvp against some equal levels.

The best part is the difficulty, and the little things that I realize made this game a bit more challenging. I forgot about a lot of the little debuffs just random quest/grinding mobs will give you.

Every. Mob. Runs in fear. That's another minor difficulty change, but it really adds up when 1 semi difficult mob becomes 2, which becomes 3, which becomes... your death. Though I'm sure some of the difficulty stems from the fact that gear is a bit tougher to get.

Anyways, this is definitely the WoW I remember and miss. Not as solo unfriendly as EQ, but still difficult, with actual debuffs / quests / etc that require you to explore, use all your abilities, and think instead of just mindlessly slaughtering enemies while watching the latest season of Walking Dead.

Pretty much my thoughts. I loved WoW during vanilla and TBC, and I'm glad I get to enjoy it once again :)

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Vaashila posted:

gently caress this game for making me want to play it again.

Been messing around on a Priest for a little while, can someone send an invite to Vaashila?

Is it a dwarf? :colbert:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Neuntausend posted:

It doesn't. AoE tanking is a lot harder in vanilla and requires some discipline from the party/raid. If I remember correctly, druid tanks were not bad at all, but usually the few tank slots in a raid were already filled with warriors.

I think AoE tanking is somewhat more viable if you have a warrior spamming battleshout. At least I think it works for vanilla.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

boho posted:

Holy hell is Alliance leveling poorly designed.

Pretty much this, forever.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Socratse posted:

Wait, is the server back now? I am off in an hour and having rekindled my addiction can't stop thinking about playing.

Server's been up for ages.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

homercles posted:

I've been working on a castbar addon which displays latency and stops casting intelligently before new spells.

From the bat, known bugs:
  • channelled spells are displaying latency on the wrong side
  • sometimes the spellbar disappears but you are still casting. I am still debugging this one, it might be a Catch22 situation

The features of this one are:
  • Quite configurable. Look at the readme. You can use this with other castbar addons
  • No macros needed. It intelligently calls SpellStopCasting() if you are spamming your spell key

If you are a caster and your ping is over 80ms this mod might make your life less painful.
If you are a caster and your ping is over 300ms download right mod right now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8on7tnxtg8gm0kk/LagCast-0.99.1.zip

Are there any mods that need to be installed prior to installing this one?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

"Ok let's get the gently caress out of here now" makes that picture.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Fun Times! posted:

I can't believe I'm doing this poo poo again. How's the race/class makeup in the guild?

Roll whatever you want. There's lots of people of every class, but paladins and druids are a little undersubscribed.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

homercles posted:

New version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ed9mzpq5t7ozr9b/LagCast-0.99.2.zip

Changelog:
  • Allows display of custom cast bars (textures included) in addition to the standard cast bar.
  • Custom cast bars can be resized in addition to being moved (except for the standard Blizzard cast-bar, that can only be moved)
  • Added some more LagCast-behaviour configurability
  • Added some sweet sweet (but untested) doco to README.MACROS, read this if you're gonna use this mod for clever macro stuff (in case you have spells like Nature's Swiftness/Presence of Mind/whatever the priest one is)

After installing this mod, the first thing you want to type is:
  • /lc
If you have a mod that steals "/lc" (you probably don't) preventing it from working, then try:
  • /lagcast

You're the best.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Bean Bag Burrito posted:

Just started up today and will be looking for an invite. In as Zobel, the sexy dwarf female. Doesn't look like anyone from the guild is currently on though.

Yes they are? :confused:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Finally hit 60. Now I can idle in Ironforge like I own the joint :smug:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

I just got the crusader enchant so come on down to Firos's discount Enchantry!

Edit: Oh my god arcanite is so expensive :gonk:

Firos fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 13, 2013

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

And that kids, is why you don't run 5 man LBRS.

What were we thinking?! :psyduck:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Fog Tripper posted:

LRBS? Why not? Crowd control, profit?

Two and a half hours :gonk:

And we only had to wait for Berz to corpse run back twice.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Prophecy120 posted:

Does anyone have any tips for getting from 58 to 60? Literally every quest I have right now is an elite dungeon quest and no one wants me to dps because I'm 58 and not 60. I've done all the Felwood, Winterspring and UnGoro quests already. I feel like I'm missing a bunch of quests in Silithus, but the only ones available to me were the first two 'kill spiders and scorpions'. Shouldn't there be a bunch of quests for the Twilight's Hammer guys and all the elementals?

Kill a million elite spiders in Silithus. They have 3k hp and give 600xp unrested.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Nostalgia is really taking hold for this, will probably sign up after work tonight. Is there a good talent calc to play with? I was looking at pally warrior or rogue, and can't remember what the dps builds are (did paladin even have a good one back then?)

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/1012-vanilla-wow-talent-calculators/

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Manslaughter posted:

It has to do with hardcore raiding which is something I just don't have the time or motivation for any more.

Logged on this morning to find that the two lesser magic wands I invested all my silver into AH deposits on had sold :toot: never been so glad to see 30 silver in my life. On that note if any newbies need a lesser magic wand send a mail to Randgris, I'd be willing to trade one for a stack of linen.

Get your linen from the guild bank.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

This breaks bartender. God drat it.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Garrand posted:

I'm probably going to regret this, but I think I'm going to give this a shot once I get back from Easter service. I played WoW for 3 or so years (BC -> WOTLK) entirely horde side, so seeing vanilla from the alliance perspective will be cool.

I didn't start until after BC's release; was there any actual content difference in the lower levels between vanilla and BC, or was it just class changes and the addition of Outland?

You're going to love the grind from 1-60.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Was this before or after rogues got their big nerf? Does everyone play rogues? I always wanted to but never got to because ~^*THE NEEDS OF THE GUILD*^~

If not maybe I'll be a priest. That was the other never-realized dream. I was a ret paladin and my buddy was a warlock. We were quite the odd couple.

Be whatever you want we need 60s oh god just get to 60.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

homercles posted:

My latest mod, SAmotes! I hear it might not work correctly on Mac clients, if so then sorry.

LGW_SAmotes 1.0
Animating emotes in your chat
Download: LGW_SAmotes 1.0

It does:
  • tab completion (type ":frog<TAB>" or ":reg<TAB>" and press tab a few times, or to see everything type either ":<TAB>" or "/sa<ENTER>" to see everything)
  • while typing a message, scroll and press on various emotes that pop up, or mouse over and press emotes that appear much like you would an item
  • general search mode, "/sa siren"
  • press Escape over a window to stop the animations
  • various other configurables (blacklisting of annoying emotes, changing emote window height etc)

Get this mod if you want guild chat not to look dumb with everyone :goonsay:ing all the time.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

How did the MC go yesterday?

Got Gehennas to like 15% or something. We need more healers to deal with the shadowbolt though. Otherwise we got a couple of BOEs.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Mymla posted:

I feel kinda dirty for actually wanting to get in on this. Part of me believes that the only reason I remember enjoying WoW Vanilla so much is because I was literally 12 years old at the time, had way too much free time and also didn't know any better. I guess I'll just have to try and find out, eh.
But at this rate, that'll never happen, because I'll never be able to decide on a class. I played a mage for literally ages, so I kind of want to try something new. But then I remember how unbelievably convenient teleport is, and how good mages are at pretty much everything they do.

Fire immune/resistant enemies for 2 entire tiers :negative:

But seriously it's fun playing with goons. Yesterday everyone was laughing as a repair bot bugged out and ran across a river of lava before Tanners could repair :allears:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Dracula Factory posted:

I really liked healing in cataclysm era at least, so I have no problems healing. I'm at level 10 so it'll be a while until I'm useful though.

We're bringing everyone we have that's attuned to MC, 55+ :v:
We actually had 28 dudes in raid on saturday, it was pretty good.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

homercles posted:

My latest mod, SAmotes! I hear it might not work correctly on Mac clients, if so then sorry.

LGW_SAmotes 1.0
Animating emotes in your chat
Download: LGW_SAmotes 1.0

It does:
  • tab completion (type ":frog<TAB>" or ":reg<TAB>" and press tab a few times, or to see everything type either ":<TAB>" or "/sa<ENTER>" to see everything)
  • while typing a message, scroll and press on various emotes that pop up, or mouse over and press emotes that appear much like you would an item
  • general search mode, "/sa siren"
  • press Escape over a window to stop the animations
  • various other configurables (blacklisting of annoying emotes, changing emote window height etc)

For some reason the zip file isn't extracting :(
It's saying that it's damaged or in an unknown format.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

ist posted:

7 days /played to 60 is reasonable, quicker for some classes. PLenty of goons on at most times.

I did 7 days /played as a mage, with liberal Lyceum massacres for 100k xp/hr. It's tough but doable.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Sorry I haven't been on lately my dudes, but I've had the joy of spending 12 hours of every day the last week in a computer lab (not playing wow might I add) doing university things :suicide:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

I don't think I'll be coming back to you any time soon my fellow lets get weird-ers :(

To that end I have a level 60 arcane/frost mage in decent blues and 200 (I think?) gold, 300 enchanting and tailoring too. No epic mount though. If anyone's interested post here and I'll send you the password and poo poo.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Sure. Email sent.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

SAMB0 posted:

Thanks! Messed around with some PVP today. Gotta get the Macros down and figure out how to raid again on a 60 mage. Can't imagine it being to difficult! thanks again though.

What I was doing to dps in a raid was to blow AP and the dps trinket, and then when the duration of AP and the trinket get down to <3 sec (not enough time to cast another frostbolt), POM frostbolt + fireblast.

I have died using this rotation in MC a large number of times.

Have fun!

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

SAMB0 posted:

I can't remember who I was talking to. But I took over Firos, but I would have no problem taking a 60 class of something else more useful to a raid since I plan on showing up every wed, and transfer Firos to someone.

Could you give me an update of how the old fella is getting on? :allears:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Currently rather tempted to come back to the weird crew. But is there any chance of the guy who took my mage returning it, or failing that, someone else having a spare whatever to give? :v:

You know you want me back, my accent classes up the joint.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

SAMB0 posted:

It is yours if you want it back, obviously but I am pretty attached to it and have made some accomadations for raiding. I would like to see if there is a 60 acct if you are set on having real firos back that I could grab though in exchange. I have made some free time accommodate making the raids and am pretty into it. But if nothing works out then it is what it is and it is yours. Just let me know or whoever!

That's cool. If someone else has a free <class> then send it my way. I've got summer free so I can raid my failing heart out.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

McSpankWich posted:

I'll send you over the info for the 60 mage if you'd like. I also think that a pair of 60 hunters (Toober/Shooty) have not been claimed yet. I can give you their info as well once I confirm if they're taken or not. Just email me at cscoles at gmail dot com with your preference.

Email sent.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

A great start to a new dude.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

ist posted:

This is Azazelo. I'll play again if we ever start raiding on the weekend.

I haven't "quit" so no none of you jerks can have my account.

Can I have your account anyway?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Fred's tyrannical rule begins anew :argh:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Stangg posted:

If you care about rep human otherwise I don't think it maters, gnomes are nice for pvp?

5% int also means a small amount of crit v:shobon:v

Edit: Live MC streaming from Typical! Get it while it's hot!
http://www.justin.tv/typical23

Firos fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Holy poo poo Don Julio's Band is awesome :stare:

I totally forgot about those awesome rings.

• Locked thread