Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Rahonavis posted:

And I don't think this classic has been posted yet:

The background of this reminded me of an old thread where there was some deviantart project to draw anthropomorphizations of all the pokemon characters gathered into a gallery. I remember there being some pretty strange arts in there, so a quick reverse GIS (man, is reverse GIS great) gives me the thread in its first result. It ended up being goldmined and is here but sadly most of the images in there were hosted on waffleimages and are gone. The link to the deviantart gallery they were found in still works, and the gallery is still going strong, apparently. And its pretty huge :shepface:

The gallery even went to all the effort of categorizing all its images into different genereations, how convenient! Unsurprisingly, the vast majority of them are poorly drawn, and by this threads standards outright generic, anime pretty boys/girls/OCs/mediocre to awful cosplay/what have you, but some stranger stuff caught my eye:

(Some guys OC....machop? "Adamaris is curious about Mew's stuff... The only problem is Mew gathered all of his things into crates and piled them together and is watching them constantly... Well, it looks like he forgot to pack his Computer terminal into a crate and Adamaris is hacking it for info on her favorite pinkish purple fuzz ball and Mew is helplessly watching from a distance!")

Now about here I'm thinking I'm going through their categories fairly quickly (something like 10 pages per group) when I realize it was just a general untagged collection of images for each generation. They were all further subdivided into more categories for each type for each generation. And hundreds more images for each type in each generation.

:psyduck:

Here's the launching point of it if for some strange reason you wanted to waste time there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
It was some guy drawing him and some friends as pokemon, they're:

And while looking for those picutres I found this which isn't fanart but funny

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

DStecks posted:

Are you sure that isn't official? Because if you told me that was officially commissioned art for Hotline Miami, I wouldn't think twice about it.

Here's the source (Its not official)

Here are some other things

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Less dumb than Jynx and Dugtrio.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Internet Kraken posted:

Yup. Its called Klefki and its the laziest piece of poo poo ever. Just throw an emotionless face onto a key ring and call it a day. They add all these awesome pokemon with interesting designs and then...keys :geno:

I used to hate the ice cream pokemon family but something about their dumb design grew on me. Maybe its because they're just so darn happy.

I can't stay too mad at the ice cream because the guy who designed that also designed the best pokemon

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits has a new favorite as of 22:38 on May 21, 2014

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,