Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Waffleman_ posted:

He just wanted some pants. A decent pair of pants. Was that too much to ask?

SOLOMON GRUNDY WANT PANTS TOO!

Also, WTF is going on with Supes in that picture? He doesn't look muscled or toned - he looks straight-up emaciated. Is that Famine on Infinite Earths Superman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

I can't speak for all of the object-transformation fetishists (especially since I'm not one), but in a lot of the cases I've seen it's been coupled with a humiliation or, for lack of a better word, nullification (making the other person non-sentient or otherwise 'useless', even sexually) fetish. Either the artist finds humiliating or nullifying others to be erotic, or they find the thought of having that done to them arousing. In other words, it's about the domination (either given or received), not the sexual act, as the erotic component.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Orson really wanted to smoke blunts with Kermit, and who could blame him?

Someday we'll find it
The ganja connection
The stoners
The froggies
And me.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

senrath posted:

I'm not sure "actual digimon with charmin rolls on its arms" counts as an OC.

This is fanart we're talking about here. A Pokemon wearing a necklace suddenly becomes a trademarked, copyrighted (or, as they often say instead, "copywritten"), and patented character. DO NOT STEAL.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Colon Semicolon posted:

I'm not seeing what's so bad about those really contorted toony things there? they look pretty neat in my opinion.

Being doubly derivative (an artist making art of a second person's characters while aping a third person's style) is kind of lovely. At least, I think so.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

pringledingle posted:

Isn't that what literally all fanart is (not saying it's unreasonable to blanket dismiss all of it, but still)?

Not really? I mean, some fanart attempts to be in the style of the original creator(s), some is in the style of the fan artist. It really seems like the stuff I was referring to is, like other people said, doing art of Nintendo characters with a straight-up rip of John K.'s art style.

Lotron posted:

i bet yall who are making GBS threads on the abstract style are the same type of people who complain about fanart not being on-model
Because "I'm gonna draw this character I don't own as if this artist I'm not affiliated with did it" is totally the same as "off-model". :rolleye:

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

They should put that disclaimer on every piece of fanart.

A Sonic adaptation of a brony meme from 4chan. I think we are at peak Internet jackoffery here.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Fatkraken posted:

1. I can picture it but I can't remember the name, the headband is red right?

Sanosuke from Rurouni Kenshin? (I had to look it up, it's been ages since I watched that and never really got into it)

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

And to think I used to give my ex-wife poo poo for "This is the resume of (name). OBJECTIVE STATEMENT: To obtain a job".

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Furry artist turns "animal that acts like human" into "animal that looks like human", does bad job of it (seriously, that thick-rear end neck on those dainty shoulders?), film at 11?

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

I could almost like this if the art were better, since the lyrics are from two songs from the same series as the character, and two of my favorite songs from the series. Would have been better as two pictures, though - the lyrics don't mesh well at all, since the first one is more or less "I will support you and love you even if I think you're wrong" and the other is "Your death is meaningless".

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Infamous Sphere posted:

For some reason, shipping Cole Phelps with Roy Earle is really popular, even though Roy's a complete arsehole. Guess fanart types seem to think that one character's an arsehole and is paired up with another who isn't..it's sort of sexy/kinky?
It's huge among yaoi fans. The whole "seme/uke" thing, if you want to get an idea of what yaoi fangirls seem to think gay people are like.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Is that fan art of the hamsters from the Kia Soul commercials?

:psyboom:

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

This might be a stretch but I'm guessing lesson two is titty pregnancy.

Yeah, considering the bumps on the other woman's breasts that don't line up with nipples, and which are used on all of that artist's other pregnancy pics...

:barf:

Who What Now posted:

I'm pretty sure those bumps are supposed to be the babies kicking. Which is a whole other level of what the gently caress.

Yup, that's what I meant. Between "butt pregnancy" and "titty pregnancy" and a horrible case of acid reflux, I'm about to seriously regret my dinner choices.

Kugyou no Tenshi has a new favorite as of 05:16 on Sep 6, 2013

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Mintergalactic posted:

Wait, these are based off real things and not just the demented mind of some person filling an alignment chart with OCs?

They're established OCs in the expanded fandom - the Lawful Evil one is Flufflepuff (how a character with less than one functioning brain cell, who licks bushes because reasons, can be "Lawful" is beyond me) and the Chaotic Good one is Little Pip from Fallout: Equestria. I don't follow enough of the fringes of the brony fandom to know any of the others.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Angry Diplomat posted:

Is that made by the same basket case who does that horrible Jack comic with all the murder and rape?

I just looked the comic up, and it actually is part of Jack. Second arc, "Angry Brian". Also, holy poo poo the author/artist seems to have gone from "using crazy poo poo to shock/disgust" to "using crazy poo poo to pander" if I'm reading some of the arc summaries right. Ugh.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Heath posted:

What is "Doshte" supposed to mean?

It's supposed to be "doushite", meaning "why" in Japanese, transliterated by an idiot.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Allen Wren posted:

The people who are into transformation are so mesmerized by their own boners that they don't realize that it's really the core of body horror. I mean, look at Charles Burns' Black Hole.

I hate to be the dark cloud on your sunny day, but that's actually why they get off on it. From what I've seen of the concept*, there seem to be three kinds of transformation artists:

1) The type that enjoy the body horror. These are the same people who can whack it to extreme ero-guro. They get off on pain, whether it's someone else's or even their own (namely, the people who do painful transformation sequences on their own characters).

2) The type that enjoy the humiliation aspect of it. This ranges from "oh no I've been gender-swapped" embarrassment to "this character has actually been turned into a sex object" (anything from a fuckable statue to sex toys/underwear/etc).

3) People who just like toying with the concept of a thing becoming another thing. Their work isn't likely to show up here because it's just "wouldn't it be funny if" kind of stuff that's usually so innocuous as to go unnoticed. There's a whole series on one art site (I don't remember which) that's just a funny "this magic student is trying out potion recipes; what will she become?" where the only creepy factor is in the comments from people who think that every artist needs to know whether or not some random person on the internet jerked it to their work.

* I've looked through a lot of the stuff because of a friend of mine who draws that third type of transformation in some of her work for humor value. We rag on the other two types and seriously worry about meeting the artists in a dark convention hall.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Captain Fargle posted:

You missed out Number 4: Desire for power/virility

You see this a lot with furries and poo poo. The people that draw themselves turning into dragons or stupidly buff werewolves or big dicked centaurs etc etc etc. Some sort of avatar of strength or sexual potency, usually both at the same time.

You're right, totally missed that.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

The_Maz posted:

Weird, but at least a decent pun happening.

I don't know enough to get the pun - explain?

VVV: Thanks. I recognized Sailor Moon, but I didn't know about the Luna Wolves.

Kugyou no Tenshi has a new favorite as of 03:45 on Jun 1, 2014

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

ashnjack posted:

Is it wrong of me to feel happy that I have no clue what this fetish is supposed to be ?

Right there in the image - "My busty airline blimp". Flying inflatable tits. It's OK, I don't get it either.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Ariong posted:

I went and took another look and it still just looks like blimps to me.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that resents and envies you for your shield against the horror therein.

(I found at least one place where they were posted. Oh god. It's supposed to be flying tits and rear end.)

Say Nothing posted:

I would like to see a psychiatric evaluation of the people who make these images.
Seriously, what?

"Gotta go fat" is almost obligatory here.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Lizard Wizard posted:

I hope I'm not the only one who read the second panel as "cod stone".

Squallege posted:

That's not what it's supposed to be?

It is only because of you two that I realized it was "cool stone". And yes, I read "cod" at first too.

SirPhoebos posted:

To his credit, Galvantula is a pretty cod Pokemon.

FTFY

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Tarezax posted:

Fallout: Equestria is terrible poo poo that manages to miss the point of both of those franchises, from what I've heard.
I was going to post one particularly bad attempt from the author at coming up with a new cuss to say because cusses make you mature, but I think I'll just drop the entire list of swears on you instead.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Tracula posted:

Drokk this frakking garbage.

Seriously though, how much effort actually went into this poo poo? :stare: Why are there 1k+ pages and pictures on this wiki? What.

Those aren't page numbers in the table there. Those are chapter numbers. It actually is longer than War and Peace (40,000 words longer than the longer English language edition, in fact). Though I wouldn't necessarily say effort went into it. It's easy to make a whole lot of bad.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Sly Stallone in Fist Udda Nor' Sturr.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

scarycave posted:

Fluffy pony stuff is gross.

Wanamingo posted:

There's no torture. :unsmith:

Yeah, the Flufflepuff stuff has pretty much nothing to do with the "fluffy pony" thing. At worst, there are a couple naughty jokes involved, but otherwise it's apparently just all cute poo poo.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

visceril posted:

Missed opportunity to have Khimari be Yuna's pokemon.

Nah, that would be Tidus, wouldn't it? (Do I really need to spoiler that? Ah well, I'll do it for courtesy's sake.)

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Bitchtits McGee posted:

Well, Rinoa's isn't Squall, either, so whaddaya expect? :v:

I meant more in the story aspect of what exactly that one character is to the other, which is what led to the spoiler.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

My own tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkjvBZ1pXUM
(It's intentionally poo poo, and was done as a one-off throwaway joke.)

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

He looks embarrassed.

One might even say Guilty.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Chard posted:

Advertising, when it's done well, is permanent. Like how I can still sing the stupid jingle for that Crossfire boardgame with the BBs even though I never owned or wanted it.

I just wanted you to know that you are hated and reviled.
(You'll get caught up in the -- CROSS-FI-ERRR!)

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

umalt posted:

However, how do we imply a lack of Speedwagon without implying an excess? Surely most men can acknowledge that it is easy to satisfy with merely minimal presence of Speedwagon, but difficult to overindulge; but it is much easier to go below minimal Speedwagon, and for this we need a way of communicating this state.

I propose a 7-point subjective scale.

1. No Speedwagon
2. Barely any Speedwagon
3. Some Speedwagon
4. Speedwagon
5. More Speedwagon
6. A lot of Speedwagon
7. gently caress Yeah Speedwagon

It shall be called the Relative Emergence Observation of Speedwagon scale.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Well, half of it works as a pun, I suppose...

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

"Legs, butt, tail. Yeah I think it goes in that order!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

1. Drink Milk
2. Vomit Ice Cream
3. Set up stands
4. Expand worldwide: FAST BUSINESS!

• Locked thread