Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Would half-blown $400 XJs that clog Craigslist here really be worth that much? The 4WD/4.0/auto combo is all over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Too bad I gave away my gauge setup with my rolled OBS, I bought a Forester 10 months later and need a place to mount my ScanGauge II. :(

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

kastein posted:

The 5 ton's tires are about the worst thing in snow. and ehhhhhhh. That is a shitshow.

Interesting idea with the camry/highlander....

Alright. Symptoms on the subaru. It did it again.
Codes:
P0420 cat below efficiency. Would not cause this. It has been driving fine for 3 weeks with this code set.
P0440 large evap leak, AKA "hello I am a rusty subaru suck my diiiick" code. Should not cause this.

If run normally at temp and turned off for 5-15 minutes, it proceeds to start and run extremely poorly. Misfiring, pig rich (from the smell, not sure, my nose barely works), flashing CEL. No power, low idle, surging idle, stalls if you give it even a hint of an excuse. 1 minute or so later, it recovers and runs perfectly again. Whether I romp on it (like I did last night) or just sit there not touching the controls and wait (like I did today.)

No sensor, misfire, or other codes of any use. My scantool doesn't do anything but codes and monitor status, I need to get one that does.

Feels related to CTS, heatsoak, O2, MAP, or TPS to me. Probably open vs closed loop related, since it goes jekyll and hyde like a minute after starting. Very odd that it runs great after entering closed loop but awful in open looop, though.

Maybe massive vacuum leak (P0440, lol) combined with being in open loop interferes with how subaru handles the feedback loop managing the IAC?

Knock sensor.

edit: Maybe thing about things not directly monitored/controlled, like fuel pressure.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I'd your justy front cut carbureted? I'm getting a free 88 4wd 3 door and it needs a metering solenoid.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Could you just buy the whole thing? I'll pay in any way you prefer other that Buttcoin.

I hate carbs but free rust-free Justy ehhh. It can be the little brother to the 323GTX or Forester.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I never had any problems at LA junkyards, I used to spend weekends at the Wilmington Pick Your Parts and the Santa Fe Springs Ecology. Even the weird yards in Sun Valley were nice because I always was super friendly when I went in. It also helps to speak spanish. Some really rough places got the breaker bar carried on top of the toolbox, but through hundreds of visits I never had any problems.

edit:The only time I was ever hassled was at the tiny Moss Landing PickNPull which demanded I emptied my pockets. I asked if it had suddenly become the company policy, called the corporate number right there, they denied it flat out on speakerphone and magically there was a new manager the next week. It helped that I knew the regional manager. At that point I had probably gone to that location every few weeks for 10 years.

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 3, 2017

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Yeah I dunno, I'm chill with the entry guys but I admit my spanish is poo poo. I'm referring specifically to the Monrovia & Santa Fe Springs LKQ/Ecologys - I forgot about the Sun Valley location; those dudes were cool and that yard is really clean. The Monrovia location is seedy as gently caress and SF springs is where the armed guard stopped me. Maybe I just have bad luck.

edit: I never felt I had to carry the breaker bar up top, once I was inside the yards everyone was really cool and I loaned guys tools etc... it was just the guys at the front gate/cashier that got weird.

I always greet the security guards on the way in, I always volunteer my bag/box for inspection and usually say some inane poo poo about the weather or ask how their day is going. Brightens up the day of anyone. Honestly, you'd be sour too if you're just scowled at by people pocketing injectors and trying to sneak out worn out garbage. I think SFS Ecology is a scrap recycler too and there is no worse place for humanity circling the drain than there. :sigh:

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Almost as many silvers as carpet pattern variations over the GC range.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

kastein posted:

This standardized stuff is weird...

Of all people, I thought you'd take extreme comfort in the standardization. Seeing this and your posting on Sloppy Mechanics has taught me things I'll never even consider using, but am glad to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

One of our customers has a blue MJ daily and I think of you every time I see it. He also has a turbodiesel Isuzu P'up too, neat guy.