Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Barry

"...and FIRST of all, that's 'SIR drat Crazy Maniac'. And second, I don't here you thanking me. You got pumps on this ship, use them. You do not, on the other hand, have devices to put your innards back inside after something's claws yank them out! And hell no I'm not pay-" there's a pause as Stoyan cries out and a figured leans over one of the less flamey sides of the ship. He removes his gasmask and kills the pilot light on the flame thrower. "Hello! Yeah, nah, crew has this locked down, uh. I may need to seek alternate arrangements for travel. What's your status?"

pre:

Race: Caspian Human
Archetype: Gifted
Careers: Aristocrat/Arcane Mechanic
XP: 7

Height / Weight:  6’0”, 180 lbs

Life spiral:
  PHY       AGI       INT 
 [ ] [ ]               [ ]
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]  
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    

Current Feat Points: 3/3

Stats: 
Physique [SPD/STR]: 5 [6/6]
Agility [PRW/POI]: 3 [4/5]
Intellect [ARC/PER]: 5 [3/3]
Willpower (PHY + INT): 10

Spells: Arcantrik Bolt and Polarity Shield

Weapons: 
Flamethrower:
Ammo: 10,
 Range: SP8
 Light Artillery
Attack Modifier: 0
POW: 12
Special Rules: A character armed with this weapon suffers
–1 SPD and DEF

Military Rifle:
Ammo: 1 (heavy round)
Effective Range: 60 feet (10˝)
Extreme Range: 300 feet
Skill: Rifle
POW: 11

DEF: 10 (SPD 6 + AGI 3 + PER 3 – 1 Armor)
(8 With flamethrower)
ARM: 10, Immunity:Fire (PHY 5 + Armor)
INITIATIVE: 12 (SPD 6 + AGI 3 + PER 3)
COMMAND RANGE: 6" (INT 5 + Command 1)

Skills:

Military:
Rifle (POI) 2
Hand Weapon (PRW) 1
Light Artillery (POI) 1

Occupational:
Command (Social) 1
Etiquette (Social) 1
Craft (Int)
  -Metal 1
  -Gunsmithing 1
Intimidation (social) 1
MeckEng (Int) 3
Medicine (INT) 1
Negotiation (Social) 1

Benefits & Abilities:
Good Breeding
Privilege
Inscribe Formula
Connections (nobility)
Languages;
 -Cygnar
 -Ordic
 -Rhulic

Gold: 2/250gc
Gear:
Flamethrower 50gc
-Tank of fuel 30gc
Gunsmith kit 20
meck tool kit 100
Military Rifle 45
-10 rounds (5x2 w/gunsmith kit) 3gc

Worn Armor:
Bostick MkII Furnace Suit
-Base: Armored Greatcoat 250gp
-Runeplate 10gp
-Clockwork powered 80gp
-Halo of Fire (2rune points) 300gp
---(While the armor or shield has power, the character
carrying the shield or wearing the armor gains Immunity: Fire.
While the runeplate is active, the character can make a quick
action to unleash a burning fild around himself. For one
round, any character hitting him with a melee attack suffers
the Fire continuous effect. )

Advances: 
Charter skill: Medicine 1
Free human advance on Int
Two starting advances on Str, one on Intellect
2xp:+1 Meck Eng and Negotiation
4xp:+1 Light Artillery
6xp:+1 Poise advance
8xp:+1 Meck eng+Intimidation

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Barry

"Yeah, a few, some augment corpses and this twisted little guy, looked arcane. Even Cryx don't like it much when burning goo is adhered to their skin." He looks around as the flames move to the rigging. "drat. Uh, I may have spoke too soon, um, permission to come aboard? I think we're gonna have to abandon this soon."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

Barry doesn't need more encouraging, stopping only to run inside the captain's cabin and return holding a chest under one arm. He steps aside and nods to the folks on the new ship, trying to ignore the glowering from the crew of the original one. "Barroyl Bostick-VonThurboot. Outside of fancy-pants places, everyone just calls me Boomer." As the ship pulls away from the burning hulk, the fire finally reaches the powder and the whole thing goes up with an explosion. "I do mechanika for a living. How about yourselves?" He gestures to the box under one hand. "I can also patch folks up, if you got any that got a little too close to the Cryxians.

Taking the ship's medicine chest. Going to perform triage on any wounded survivors of either crew/PCs if needed.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 20, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

Meanwhile, back on board, Boomer has mostly been trying to assuage the pissed off survivors of his former ride. Most don't seem to care considering they're still alive. Never the less, he's got his rifle out instead of the flame device incase something awful (worse) comes back from that haunted ship they went into.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

"No captain, I can assure you, this alchemical dispensing device is entirely safe; it only sets fire to things I want to be on fire. And I assure you I had good reasons for wanting the other ship to be on fir-oh hey, I think they're coming topside?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

"And lookie there, some other good reasons for the other ship to be on fire." Boomers readies the flamethrower and tried to move into a position where he can support the rest of the deck crew.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

"HEY, YOU MIGHT WANT TO MOVE OUT OF THE FRONT OF THE DOOR"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Lets do this

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

Whoa, that was different. Hearing about those yells and hearing it in person were two different things. It seemed even more unpleasant to be on the receiving end, not that it was easy to tell when a cryx was having a particularly bad day.

Well, it usually wasn't, being on fire was always a pretty clear indicator your day is going poorly. Boomer runs across the gangplank to the other ship and gets right behind that big troll.

Taking the Run action to move 12 hexes, that should be enough to put me in the hex directly to the northwest of Domhnall, then for my quick action, casting Polarity Shield.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Did my polarity shield not stop its charge, or did something else happen? Also using revitalize as well

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 13, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I don't, i thought it was a universal feat point ability, nm

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Lets halve that damage

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

Boomer liked to think he was a smart guy, and inside his head a flurry of brainwaves vied for competition with a million odd pain receptors from an arm sliced almost to the bone. Nevertheless, clarity and simplicity were the keys to effective communication: "Burn. Burn. BURN."

Moving slightly to the left and trying to get all the thralls in my 8" spray and hitting them with the flame but not hit Domhnall. (Ironically, if this hit had blown up the flame thrower, that'd have been good for Boomer and uh, bad for literally everything else on the map.)2d6+6+1ann's command-penalties. Pow 12, Fire damage/Fire continuous effect, natch.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 20, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

More flames. The deathmarch of progress.

If Stoyan doesn't finish the job, again moving so as to not hit allies and 2d6+6+1ann's command-penalties. Pow 12, Fire damage/Fire continuous effect
[/quote]

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

"HAHAHAHA--oh, right." Boomer looks around the deck and also at himself and the others on fire. "Uh, jump overboard, or get aboard the ship, now." He ponders for a moment and tries to remember if he added that extra ingredient that still makes the gel burn underwater.

I assume I'm excluded from that? My armor gives me immunity. I know I'm still on fire, but still, should be zero damage?

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 2, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

Boomer concurs and just hope they don't get kicked off/shot/whatever, but right now, uh, time to be anywhere but here.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

"Sure, sure." Boomer is more annoyed than anything to be ablaze. Its kinda like getting mud splattered all over your coat. He slaps out the smouldering embers. "So, uh, please to meet you all."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

"Close enough," he pauses, checking to see if he sterilized the wound correctly. He had seen mechanical arm installations go horribly awry, and didn't want any of that. "If its an offer of employment, how temporarily, I'm for it. My business meeting fell through on board back there. Literally, pulled him right through the floor."

Rolling to heal, I believe its intellect 5+medicine1+medicinechest/medkit+1?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

"Sounds interesting. I need more time for field testing anyways. If you have anything with moving parts that needs repairs, let me know."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

"Can do, I want to mitigate...bad feelings about the crew that was on the vessel with me."

Helping out either dissecting the cryx for spare parts and/or treating injuries in the crew, let me know what rolls to make.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

"Much appreciated." He's no troll, but Boomer can probably help the bodger pry off the larger parts and get at areas the latter couldn't without a small ladder. Boomer was glad he himself hadn't been as seriously hurt as the others but was dreading whether he had cleaned out the wound thoroughly enough. There's only so much alcohol you can splash inside your own opened armed before you decide to take it easy for the day. Redressing it at least twice a day was mandatory, and hopefully not getting any more septic material in them, especially from the abomination he was helping dissect. He shudders as he fits his adjustable spanner around the bolts holding on the top carapace. The Cryx were a truly vile and demented race, who in their right minds used 19/64th for anything?

In exchange for helping the gobber repair his thing, boomer is going to salvage parts suitable for mechanikal construction/upgrades and/or resale. Int 5+Mech eng 2

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

Boomer isn't going to stand in the way of other people taking watch. He'll 'volunteer' for third if pressed but he's cranky and sore and feeling mean after a broken bolt on the Cryx almost tore his palm open. He sits on deck taking care of his gear and anyone else's weapons and armor that asks.

Buying +1 Intimidation and Mechnkical Engineering. Maintaining my/anyone else's that asks equipment

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

"snrk. Alright alright, I'm coming. Ugh, that really stings." Boomer checks to see if his hand is festering or not before replacing the last shift.

That'd be me.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Somewhere indefinitely before the rear end-crack of dawn, Boomer stumbles over to the rear of the ship and slings his rifle He had avoided socializing earlier because he wasn't quite sure how leery the crew was about the whole burning ships/cryx thing. "Hey, am I supposed to be doing this alone or-" Boomer stops before he says 'I didn't see you down there!'

"Morning" He nods at the dwarf in the fisherman's rain poncho. <Think we're going to have anymore excitement?>

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

<<Hey, its locked up downstairs and the fuel is sealed in an airtight container...I think, it took a few wacks back there. What I'm trying to say is I don't think we'll have any more fires tonight>>

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

<<Family business. Was headed down Ord way for a demonstration of fireproofing gear.>> He spits off the edge of the railing to clear his throat. <<Big market with the navy there.>> He doesn't have the heart to add "Ironically enough"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

"Containment and use thereof, yes. Got started on 'jack furnaces, personally I can't stand the things and branched out into personal arms." Boomer squints. "Morrow's tits, is that a group of farrow trying to break into that silo or am I seeing things again?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

"Not sure, put a shot over their heads and hope they scatter? Which option here is least likely to piss off the crew. I don't want to push my luck after today." Boomer unslings his rifle and aims for the general mass of hog people in case he decides to push his luck anyways.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

"Holy hell, I see they obliged us. Go round up the folks, I'll keep 'em entertained." Boomer takes a look around the ship for weapon emplacesments before sending a little love back their way.

What's the layout on the ship, defensive emplacements (if any) and range to targets?

pre:

Race: Caspian Human
Archetype: Gifted
Careers: Aristocrat/Arcane Mechanic
XP: 8

Height / Weight:  6’0”, 180 lbs

Life spiral:
  PHY       AGI       INT 
 [ ] [ ]               [ ]
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]  
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    

Current Feat Points: 3/3

Stats: 
Physique [SPD/STR]: 5 [6/6]
Agility [PRW/POI]: 3 [4/5]
Intellect [ARC/PER]: 5 [3/3]
Willpower (PHY + INT): 10

Spells: Arcantrik Bolt and Polarity Shield

Weapons: 
Flamethrower:
Ammo: 10,
 Range: SP8
 Light Artillery
POW: 12
Special Rules: A character armed with this weapon suffers
–1 SPD and DEF

Military Rifle:
Ammo: 1 (heavy round)
Effective Range: 60 feet (10˝)
Extreme Range: 300 feet
Skill: Rifle
POW: 11

DEF: 10 (SPD 6 + AGI 3 + PER 3 – 1 Armor)
(8 With flamethrower)
ARM: 10, Immunity:Fire (PHY 5 + Armor)
INITIATIVE: 12 (SPD 6 + AGI 3 + PER 3)
COMMAND RANGE: 6" (INT 5 + Command 1)

Skills:

Military:
Rifle (POI) 2
Hand Weapon (PRW) 1
Light Artillery (POI) 1

Occupational:
Command (Social) 1
Etiquette (Social) 1
Craft (Int)
  -Metal 1
  -Gunsmithing 1
Intimidation (social) 1
MeckEng (Int) 3
Medicine (INT) 1
Negotiation (Social) 1

Benefits & Abilities:
Good Breeding
Privilege
Inscribe Formula
Connections (nobility)
Languages;
 -Cygnar
 -Ordic
 -Rhulic

Gold: 2/250gc
Gear:
Flamethrower 50gc
-Tank of fuel 30gc
Gunsmith kit 20
meck tool kit 100
Military Rifle 45
-10 rounds (5x2 w/gunsmith kit) 3gc

Worn Armor:
Bostick MkII Furnace Suit
-Base: Armored Greatcoat 250gp
-Runeplate 10gp
-Clockwork powered 80gp
-Halo of Fire (2rune points) 300gp
---(While the armor or shield has power, the character
carrying the shield or wearing the armor gains Immunity: Fire.
While the runeplate is active, the character can make a quick
action to unleash a burning fild around himself. For one
round, any character hitting him with a melee attack suffers
the Fire continuous effect. )

Advances: 
Charter skill: Medicine 1
Free human advance on Int
Two starting advances on Str, one on Intellect
2xp:+1 Meck Eng and Negotiation
4xp:+1 Light Artillery
6xp:+1 Poise advance
8xp:+1 Meck eng+Intimidation

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 27, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer
Def:10|Arm:10|Ini:12|

Boomer slides to the edge of the ship, a bolt of energy going wide before he takes aim and shoots at wherever that big glowing rear end in a top hat was.

Move to cover behind gunwhale, fate point for extra quick action, casting arcane bolt+rifle attack.
Arcane bolt atk: [9]

Rifle: atk [17
-assuming that hits, that's 17(before arm) to location 2

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Wait, why did I fall off the init chart? I'm still with all the 21's, right?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

And that would do. Boomer was not there to deal with being the focus of an entire pigman rage wave. He wasn't paid enough for this, he wasn't paid at all. Worse, people were going to blame this all on him. After hearing the huge scary troll yelling and exploding the thing on the riverbank, Boomer does the sensible thing and runs as far as he can to the other side of the ship.

Okay, spending a turn running to the left side of the ship as far as I can and with my quick action casting Polarity shield, hopefully to block either group of farrow from charging me.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yeah, I'll halve that damage for one fb then another for parry when pulling back

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Disregard then, I'll have a different action up after work.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

sorry for the delay, post upcoming later today

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

drop my last two fps on regaining HP, then casting arkantrix bolt twice at the top farrow. Base pool before add on is 2d6+2+command bonus. Pow is 12

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

[i]the latter[/]

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

Boomer is not really focusing on the situation at hand, and more about how he REALLY REALLY hurts at the moment. His language is slightly blue even for sailors as he attempt to clean and sew back together the SECOND set of injuries he's gotten today.

Medicine check with either +1 or 2 from the medkit, I forget which. And yeesh, I need to get a bayonet and some better armor.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ah, belay that, thought this was one of those systems where you needed to make checks for healing to function, derp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

" *mumble* -ING PORKERS, we should- Owwww. ow." Boomer decides to be quiet in a dark corner for awhile.

• Locked thread