Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booyah
Dec 10, 2007
NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR BORING RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS
Anyone want to offer some pointers for my flickerstrike daggers CI shadow?

Level 63. I've got 5 free points, and I just put the two points into the dagger + accuracy skill, which netted me only a minor DPS gain and a lovely 1% accuracy. I'm considering respecing out of those points considering the gain wasn't a lot.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...LDtQfPq9Uv8q_-T

My build is quality flicker + culling + increased melee + increased melee on full life, Lightning strike + lightning pen + quality lightning damage + chain, frenzy + increased melee + increased crits, and double strike + increased crits + increased melee damage. For Auras I run disc + grace + hatred.

I have a 420% increased crit multiplier, so when I crit, poo poo melts. poo poo also melts when I flicker strike, but that requires frenzy charges.

My main issue is fire damage (only 55% resist), getting stunned or block locked, and some things that just hit too hard.

With 3k total ES, I'm wondering where to spend these last points. I'm thinking of back-filling missing crit nodes (I'm missing a 20% by shadow start), and grabbing arcane focus + deep wisdom by the witch, and finishing off the 5-8% ES nodes near the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booyah
Dec 10, 2007

Vasudus posted:

If you're running CI your only options for a neck is the Eye of Chayula. It's around 1-1.5ex. It stops you from being stunned.

I didn't want to pay that kind of cash for a glorified experiment so my CI Cold Caster duder is dead in the water at 54ish.

I've considered this -- but I figure the Chalupa doesn't do anything for blockstun, which is by my count effectively 26% of my problem.

I'll also lose a considerable amount of even more fire resists from my current ammy.

It's really a shame, passives like zealot's oath count %regen towards % ES (instead of % health), yet CI doesn't make chance to stun based on %HP changed to %es.

I've also considered carnage heart for the % LL, but I figure the -%ES would butcher me...

I'm thinking you're right, it's a shame, since CI is really the only way I've seen for anyone to run bloodrage late game on a non-hp regen build.

edit:

I also don't know what curse to use. Currently I use enfeeble/critical weakness. Neither seem great, but I don't have an open red slot for warlord's mark, so I'm really at a loss.

Booyah fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 28, 2013

Booyah
Dec 10, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Unfortunately until they make ES factor into stun calculations (if they ever do) the only option is the Eye of Chayula. It sucks because yeah, blood rage is such an interesting skill. And it's great to tell those undying alchemists to eat a dick with their chaos damage.

They've made taking CI much more attractive with the +ES nodes next to it now, but the stun thing turns CI into basically a honeypot rather than simply a really dumb idea :(

It's really a shame CI isn't much more than a gimmick at this point. In the closed beta I heard it was crazy OP(someone told me it offered 200% increased ES????--that doesn't sound logical), but right now it just seems like a get this if you want to use bloodrage and if you want to dodge the few gimmicky mobs associated with chaos damage.

Kind of sad that a lot of really neat niche passives are getting pushed aside by the current stack too much HP builds.

I also think that a large portion of my build's deaths are due to the fact that melee in this game is a sad joke. Consider that my firetrapper, level 66, has about 2300 HP + ES he survives more if only he is ranged. I know everyone beats the "melee sucks" horse dead in this thread, but really... melee sucks sometimes.

Booyah
Dec 10, 2007

Read posted:

Yeah, I 4L and qualitied it and I'm gonna sell it now. Decided I was better off spending the currency.

Consider this, while that item is valuable and selling it could net you a good bit, it's also one of the best in slot for any build using evasion and auras. Hell, I'd be willing to bet most people would use that even without having any other evasion, just because it offers 3 amazing benefits, immune to freeze, reduced mana reserved, and +2 level to auras.

Basically, if you sell that you're selling one of the top notch helms.

Booyah
Dec 10, 2007
So I got that crap bow that converts 25% damage taken/done to chaos damage, and it has inspired me to remake my old poo poo shadow who has 71 free passive points.

My build looks like this so far:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...-r1S_lW_Kv_kw==

The goal is physical bow crit/CI +

Skills:

single target Frenzy + PC on crit + crit chance + crit multi.

AoE would be multishot + chain + PC on crit + crit chance + crit multi.

Any thoughts on how to make this not another waste of a character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booyah
Dec 10, 2007

Ornedan posted:

Piercing pre-empts chaining, so either drop the pierce chance node or switch Chain to a Pierce gem in your AoE links. I'd recommend switching to Pierce since you can reach 100% chance with a quality gem. Same could be achieved with a Projectile Weakness curse, but then you're not cursing Critical Weakness. I guess you could use Projectile Weakness for dealing with trash and Critical Weakness for tough targets.

Aim for something like http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...9TcFcSiu-P-ug==

Get Iron Reflexes, Heart of Oak and then Vaal Pact for defense first, pick up the crit multipliers last.

Conduit is along the way and is usefull if you ever play in a group because you're should be using all 3 types of charges - your physical damage reduction gets fairly absurd if you stack endurance charges on top of chaos conversion and armor from IR.

There might be problems with lack of mana and accuracy.

Thanks for the idea.

I'm assuming you suggested HoO for the stun resist? I've got an eye of chalupa, so that covers that. Is IR really worth it? It seems a long way to go for just a minor benefit.

Also, enduring cry to generate endurance charges? Is that really useful on a ranged dude?

• Locked thread