Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Alright, gonna roll my first character. Are there auras in this game? I loved to play "leader"-like Paladins in Diablo 2. If so, any recommended progression path? I was thinking either Duelist or Templar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

So is there a level cap in this game?

Also, is there really no penalty on death? Just noticed I don't have to repair stuff. :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

So how should I be using these consumables that improve quality? Got one for weapons, and a few others for gems and armour. (I'm Lvl5)

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Been toying around with the Passive skill tree in the website, and I'm worried about spreading too thin. I wanted to play a duelist with a focus on sword and shield, armour and auras. Am I right? Am I spreading too thin? I always sucked at creating ARPG builds. :ohdear:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I saw the Goon database thingie, but it's only names, hence my question: any low-level goons who want to party up with me? :v: One of my character's name is in the database already, and it's lvl5. :shobon:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Is there anywhere where I could see the endgame "look" of the different classes? Looking cool is important in an ARPG. :colbert:

Also, having a lot of fun with my Duelist. Already got 4 rares, and I'm at LVL5. I'm loving this.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Did a marathon and went from 5 (Fetid Pools) to 12 (just after killing Brutus). I'm digging my sword and board duelist, though so far most of my 1-handers have been axes, and I'm kinda avoiding putting points into the one-handed-sword-specific passives.

Also, which skills are useless? :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Im_Special posted:

I love the hefty exp loss in this game when you die in merciless, its great at keeping things tense and encourages smart play because no one wants to lose all that hard earned exp. But all this boss portal zerging I see people doing is dumb as hell and I hope the dev's plan to address it, either bosses need to regenerate to full health or ideally the exp loss would make you go down a level instead of stopping at 0% else people just hit a fresh level and zerg content. Anyone else feel the same? I'm probably in the minority here and this is to hardcore of an idea. EQ4Life.

Thanks to open portal-die-use portal-open portal-die I was able to defeat the Act 1 boss alone, so. :shobon:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

What's the current level cap right now? I heard they had plans to increase it all the way to 100, but with the intention of allowing people to play the same character A LOT.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Oh, sorry, I remembered the level cap being lower when I started playing (beginning of Open Beta), and I kinda stopped playing for a while - but the Steam launch announcement re-lit my interest. Thanks for the answers. :toot:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

If I want a Duelist focused on auras and one-hand/shields, is there any recommended build? I don't think I have the time to constantly reroll characters, or the patience. :v: I did love this game in beta, but I never got beyond Act 2.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I think I asked it in game, but maybe I'll get a more concise answer in the thread. I started playing the game again, did the first quest of Chapter 3 and I guess I'm kinda close to unlocking the Scion. I'm playing a board-and-shield duelist with loads of HP and armor, following newbie thread advice before working on actual builds.

Here are a couple questions.

1) While I give back as much as I take from guild stash, I have two full stashes of uniques. Should I be hoarding them in case I create other characters, or should I just sell them and buy specifical leveling gear? A goon in-game told to me hoard whatever gives health, but I don't think I've seen weaponry that does that yet.

2) Should I save life/mana flasks for other characters?

3) Is Path of POE a good, reliable site for builds? It seems there's a lot of stuff that needs Spectral Throw, or however the Scion's starting skill is called.

Thanks!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Gah, I keep mixing up Uniques and Rares. :downs: I have two full tabs of Rares, sorry. It makes way more sense now, doesn't it.

Thanks for the advice. :) I'm completely expecting to reroll my character as soon as I get the Scion with an actual build, but I'm surprised I only died twice so far, and thanks to desynchs. (Once against the boss of the Medicine Chest quest - of course - and another one against the guys from the forest in Act 2 that explode on you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I keep seeing people gift stuff from their inventories away. I gather it's because of the leagues ending, but do Standard and Hardcore reset too? What would be the point of even getting that stuff, do they transfer to Standard (in case it doesn't reset too)?

• Locked thread