Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's not like it really matters, I think there's like one scene at the school in the beginning then the rest of the game is murdering demons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I just finished the skypia arc but im not afraid of spoilers. Is the game good overall?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Jumping on the Kid Icarus friend code train.-

2535-4474-3495

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

Other question, can you only get more demons through the Auction? (Or fusing them, I suppose, but I don't have that option yet.) The first battle I had the option to "contract" with demons, but that hasn't shown up since.

You should eventually get the option to resummon demons from a compendium. But getting new demons is just from the auction and fusion. Considering the auction (and compendium) are all you have to spend money on it's not a big deal, though.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Played Chapters 1-5 of Kid Icarus so far. Thoughts:

I'm bad at this game. Or at the very least I'm bad at Chapter 5. Opening flight scene kicks my rear end every single time and in general I'm not really quick on the whole dashing around on foot thing. Still, I eventually beat it (after kicking the intensity down to four) and now I'm taking a break. Fused a ninja palm or whatever it's called with some neat stats but it also has defense -2 (-3?) so that should be fun.

Are powers generally worth dealing with? Because I honestly forget they're there most of the time.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Powers are really good. Some of them aren't useful in single-player but others are great. Health Recovery, Sky Jump/Jump Glide, Tirelessness, Bumblebee, and Mega Laser are all excellent for single-player (Sky Jump is necessary for some chests).

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nintendo just announced on their SDCC stream that The Mysterious Murasame Castle/Takamaru's Castle is coming to 3DS Virtual Console in the US on August 7th.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Kaubocks posted:

Played Chapters 1-5 of Kid Icarus so far. Thoughts:

I'm bad at this game. Or at the very least I'm bad at Chapter 5. Opening flight scene kicks my rear end every single time and in general I'm not really quick on the whole dashing around on foot thing. Still, I eventually beat it (after kicking the intensity down to four) and now I'm taking a break. Fused a ninja palm or whatever it's called with some neat stats but it also has defense -2 (-3?) so that should be fun.

Are powers generally worth dealing with? Because I honestly forget they're there most of the time.

You might want to use a different weapon. That negative defense modifier turns Pit into paper, and it'll just make the higher intensities unplayable, and make the lower ones seem a lot harder than they should be. Powers are good, Playing Dead is one of the best single player powers you can get your hands on. It's eh in multplayer though.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
My games from the Best Buy sale finally arrived in the mail, and I just want to say ohmygosh Kirby is adorable! :kimchi: The last Kirby game I've played was the one for the N64, and Triple Deluxe is sharing the same good vibes for me so far. The combat is easy to get into, and I love the keychain collection minigame. Some of the designs are actually really nice; I'd buy a Dyna Blade keychain...

A Link Between Worlds, on the other hand, had a more lukewarm reception from me. I recognize the map layout from Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (haven't played Link to the Past), but it's not doing much to grab my interest right off the bat. For some reason I was expecting the artstyle to look more like Wind Waker or something. :shrug: Granted, I've just started it, so hopefully I can grow to like it more. Maybe I could exchange it for Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem if that doesn't happen - the former sounds really fun from all the discussion these past few pages.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Nondevor posted:

My games from the Best Buy sale finally arrived in the mail, and I just want to say ohmygosh Kirby is adorable! :kimchi: The last Kirby game I've played was the one for the N64, and Triple Deluxe is sharing the same good vibes for me so far. The combat is easy to get into, and I love the keychain collection minigame. Some of the designs are actually really nice; I'd buy a Dyna Blade keychain...

I'm playing it right now too and I'm very pleased with it, just beat the first boss (which delightfully mixed things up) and I can tell this will probably become one of my favorite Kirby titles. I'm digging the Keychain collecting too, they look nifty. The other game I got with the Best Buy Deal was Tomodachi Life, which I'm amazed Nintendo didn't initially release as a $15 eShop download. I'm happy that weird games like this can see boxed releases but it seems very risky (the misunderstandings around its release surely didn't help). I see a lot of potential with the game though and really hope a sequel comes which really goes all out and expands things.

MykonosFan fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 27, 2014

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Nondevor posted:

If you have a system capable of playing GBA games, definitely pick up Amazing Mirror. It's an excellent game too, basically Kirby goes Metroid. Also good is Canvas Curse for the DS, because it's the only DS launch title where the obligatory stylus use wasn't a pain in the rear end and was in fact super fun.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I just finished Kirby and goddamn that final boss sequence was hype :allears:

I won't spoil it for the people still playing other than to say that you're in for a treat

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Scrap Dragon posted:

I just finished Kirby and goddamn that final boss sequence was hype :allears:

I won't spoil it for the people still playing other than to say that you're in for a treat

Curious, do you mean you finished the main story or Dedede's story/true arena? Cause if you haven't you need to get on that asap

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Curious, do you mean you finished the main story or Dedede's story/true arena? Cause if you haven't you need to get on that asap

Main Story, but I'm already over halfway through Dededetour. That Meta-Knight silhouette was pretty obvious though, or is there another spoiler?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Endorph posted:

17 is a normal age for a Japanese student finishing their second year of high school.

To be fair, it'd be awkward for the translators to shoehorn in a 'AS YOU KNOW, IN JAPAN THE SCHOOL SYSTEM WORKS...' line.

They could have dropped in something about becoming seniors or only having another year of school left.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Isn't three years of high school pretty normal anyway? I had four, but most of the other schools in the city had three.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Scrap Dragon posted:

Main Story, but I'm already over halfway through Dededetour. That Meta-Knight silhouette was pretty obvious though, or is there another spoiler?

There's a lot of fun surprises. Leave it at that.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Endorph posted:

17 is a normal age for a Japanese student finishing their second year of high school.

To be fair, it'd be awkward for the translators to shoehorn in a 'AS YOU KNOW, IN JAPAN THE SCHOOL SYSTEM WORKS...' line.

Couldnt they just call it 11th grade? Japan goes through 12 grades right?

Not like it really matters enough to care though.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Cake Attack posted:

Isn't three years of high school pretty normal anyway? I had four, but most of the other schools in the city had three.

I have never heard of this until now. As far as I know, every high school in my country (U.S.) is four years.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I went through four but I've heard of elementary schools going through sixth grade and middle schools going through ninth. Not sure why it matters though, the game is set in Japan so why should you expect their school system to work like in EU/NA/whatever?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I had six, starting from seventh grade, but I went to a specifically 7-12 school - in NYC, the norm is K-5, then 6-8, then 9-12.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's a Canada thing I think :canada:

Or maybe just Alberta, looking it up.

Also this is stupid.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
If it`s from and set in a different country just expect their school system to be different from your own. Translators don`t need to start adding footnotes or exploratory dialogue explaining that country`s school system.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, at that point it goes from Devil Survivor into Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~.

It's a country different from yours, you can just roll with that instead of not getting that foreign cultures might have things that are foreign about them.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Can anyone help me with my SD card troubles? I bought a 16GB card and copy-pasted everything from the old one. Everything seemed fine when I put the new memory card in, but my eShop games ("games" being just Rune Factory 4) and other downloaded apps aren't showing up on the main screen. I switched back to the old card, so should I just wait awhile before putting the new one back in?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Nondevor posted:

Can anyone help me with my SD card troubles? I bought a 16GB card and copy-pasted everything from the old one. Everything seemed fine when I put the new memory card in, but my eShop games ("games" being just Rune Factory 4) and other downloaded apps aren't showing up on the main screen. I switched back to the old card, so should I just wait awhile before putting the new one back in?

You can redownload them again from the eShop. It's in Settings > Your Downloads or something like that?

luv butts n nuts
Aug 22, 2008

Nondevor posted:

the same stuff happened to me when i didn't format it https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Problem solved! Everything showed up when I switched to the new SD card again, and I didn't fiddle with anything. I don't know what caused it or if it might happen again, but hey. Good enough.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Rune Factory 4: Am I really supposed to eat every day, or was that just story banter from the character who told me to eat every day? If so, does it matter what I eat? Will a medicinal herb do?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Argue posted:

Rune Factory 4: Am I really supposed to eat every day, or was that just story banter from the character who told me to eat every day? If so, does it matter what I eat? Will a medicinal herb do?

You don't need to. It does raise your 'eating' skill, so if you want maxed out skills or the stat bonuses it gives, eating is good anyway.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010

Hellioning posted:

You don't need to. It does raise your 'eating' skill, so if you want maxed out skills or the stat bonuses it gives, eating is good anyway.

Also every time you level up in a skill it improves your permanent stats slightly. Eat when you can; don't stress if you can't.

If I recall, the medicinal herbs don't count as food, but as potions, so they won't raise your skills. You will need to eat food.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Argue posted:

In addition to what has been said food is also great for healing, so you'll want some on you just in case.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You can't get STRONG without PROTEIN man, you gotta BULK UP.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The World Ends With You had/has the best food system.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
Can somebody explain rune factory to me in 140 characters?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

zfleeman posted:

not out in europe and thus it must be good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

The World Ends With You had/has the best food system.

If a guy eats enough burgers then some day he can wear gothic lolita dresses.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

zfleeman posted:

harvest moon with dungeons

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

zfleeman posted:

You farm, you rule a town, you slice up monsters and you date animes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.

Awesome! posted:

harvest moon with dungeons

Sold. What's the best one?

• Locked thread