Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.
I'm going to buy a 3DS pretty soon, and I have an idea what 3DS games I want to get for it. But what are some good DS games that I should pick up? I played a ton of them after the DS Lite came out but then sort of tapered off. Anything that came out during the DSi's life cycle I probably missed. I really liked the Ace Attorney series, TWEWY, Trauma Center, and Hotel Dusk, anything like that that I should check out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.
I just bought an XL and Luigi's Mansion, and got Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask as my free game. I've never played this series before, should I play the older games before I start this one or is Miracle Mask a good starting point?

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

I imported Last Window from the UK and it came with a Club Nintendo code that I can't use. I don't know if these expire or not as it's an older game but if somebody can use it it's TN6ER7JFGSQ83G1R.

P.S. You guys have weird DS cases.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

Len posted:

On an unrelated note: How long is Luigi's Mansion? It's getting good reviews but so did the Gamecube version and that was criminally short. I don't really want to drop $40 on a new game just to have it be an afternoon of play time.

It took me 18 hours 44 minutes to complete. I did a ton of searching for stuff and screwed around a lot but still, it's a decent length.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

Clevermuldoon posted:

Picked up some Hori screen protectors for my xl today. The OP said to ask for advice in the thread if needed, which I figured was for the best so my dumb rear end doesn't screw it up. Instructions/tips?

I just put some on my XL this weekend. Follow the directions in the link Saoshyant posted. That will help you get it aligned. Also keep some scotch tape handy. If you get an air bubble that won't go away, or a dust speck, use the tape to pull up a corner of the screen protector. Then you can either try to relay it in the case of air bubbles, or take a second piece of tape to dab at and remove the dust speck.

Until this weekend I never knew that air bubbles or specks of dust could induce literal rage in me. The tape fixed it though!

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

Doctor Albatross posted:

Hmm, not sure I like the look of the actual 3DS in that bundle, but I'll keep an eye on the deal! I've got Luigi's Mansion and New Super Mario Bros. 2 on there from the eShop, so I'll consider the transfer too. Thanks!

Since you've already bought Luigi's Mansion, if you buy an XL by April 30th you can get a free game from Club Nintendo. Here's a link to the promo. http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

glassyalabolas posted:

Art Academy is $14.99 also.

Awesome, thanks for mentioning this. I've been eyeing it for a couple of weeks and that price sealed the deal.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

I am stuck on Starship Damrey. Looking for an answer online has only turned up reviews, many of which mention how easy the game is and how obvious all of the puzzles are. Apparently I am a dumb idiot. Please know that I ask this with shame.

How do you get past AR-8, he's blocking a room and I can't seem to find a way past him.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

One more Starship Damrey question, how do I deal with the crane arm?

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

Ugh how did I miss that! I must have gone back in that room five times. Thanks.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

RebBrownies posted:

Anyone here play Harvest Moon: A New Beginning that would be willing to trade me some chicken feed when I get home from work in 10 hours? :(

I can probably help you out. PM me if you're able, or just post here. I'll try to remember to check later this afternoon.

Edit: Actually I think I'll get home about an hour after you, but I'll check the thread when I do in case you haven't found anybody else to help.

Terraplane fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 22, 2013

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

Star Guarded posted:

I'm looking to buy an SD card for Animal Crossing (mine already has Fire Emblem on it and is running out of space, so I need to upgrade). Is this one good, or do y'all have any recommendations? I'm worried about getting one that will fail.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007M51J3I

It might be overkill since the 3DS can't use the extra transfer speed but I bought this card a couple of weeks ago and it works just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

When does Nintendo usually let everybody know what the platinum rewards are?

• Locked thread