Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reginaldavid
Sep 30, 2006
beautiful cretin
The new reviews so far have been good, but personally I wish they embraced the ridiculousness of the movies & riffed on that in more depth, instead of mostly pointing out the movies' lameness.
Obviously when you're dealing with bad movies the source material can't always be too inspiring, but my favorite jokes in the old reviews were the ones that got into the story and built a new interpretation of the characters (for example I've watched Laser Mission with a few friends, and they've always loved the joke about the villain's secret tweezing addiction).

But that's kind of a nitpick anyhow. It's cool that SA's got the reviews going so regularly again, so thanks for being on top of it, Trillaphon & Hydrogen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reginaldavid
Sep 30, 2006
beautiful cretin
Great review! I can imagine some kids out there thinking "Order of the Black Eagle" is THE action movie that has everything. It sounds just right to appeal to that age about 9 or 10 when kids love completely nonsensical action with a few "serious" elements like Nazis.

And I loved that image of the angst-wracked cowboy.

Reginaldavid
Sep 30, 2006
beautiful cretin

Trillaphon posted:

Thanks! If we can reach even one bright eyed little boy or girl out there with our slanderous trash and totally obliterate any chance he/she ever had of not developing into a twisted reclusive misanthrope with life-ruiningly bad movie clips, it'll all have been worth it.

Not sure if you're sarcastic, but I wasn't complaining or anything. To me, it's just funny imagining such a mess of a film being someone's childhood favorite.

• Locked thread