Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Hardflip posted:

Preordered via Greenmangaming. GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H got me 25% off.

Website says it can't apply the code. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Ineffiable posted:

Is there any issues with getting the Splinter Cell Trilogy hd collection? I know some trophies are bugged or something but if I just want to play through, is it pretty acceptable?

I didn't notice any problems with them. I don't care about trophies though, so no idea if there were any issues. I own all of them on the PC (not sure where my PT disc is though), and they played identically.

Super Dude posted:

Hardflip posted:

Preordered via Greenmangaming. GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H got me 25% off.

Website says it can't apply the code. :(

Anybody have an idea on how to fix this? I've never purchased anything from GMG before, so I'm not sure if there are weird tricks with the coupon codes.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
Any thoughts on the multiplayer? I can hold off for a sale if it's not that great, but I don't want to miss out on it if the community doesn't sick around for long.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Rookersh posted:

A few of the friends on my Steam list have told me SC1 is the same engine as CT, and the only real difference is you can't melee guys down as easily and it's a bit blockier.

That's partially true. SC1 (and PT I guess) run on Unreal Engine 2, whereas CT runs on UE 2.5. CT looks a lot better than the first two games.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Narcissus1916 posted:

If you can get a hold of it the then "current gen" original Xbox version of Double Agent is outstanding. Its made by the same guys who did Chaos Theory, and is leagues better than the shinier 360 and PC editions that were made by Shanghai.

Oh come on, those guys added the swat turn! That move was amazing, you could spin in a circle in front of a guy and he would never see you!

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

blackguy32 posted:

Anyone still playing this on PC? I finally upgraded my PC and would like to find some people to play with. Uplay name is trob32.

Also, for some reason I don't think my mic is working in game. It works for everything else, but not in this. I don't see the speaker moving when I am in a lobby.

I just started playing again. My uplay name is Aftermath8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Seventh Arrow posted:

In CT, she was a goofy nerdgirl who would make fun of Sam for being so old. I think in the previous games, she was a technical advisor but more serious and not as prominent as in CT.

Yep, it was basically her and Lambert that made up the rest of the dialogue during the game, and between missions.

• Locked thread