Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

Sweat, Ubu. Sweat. Good paranoid schizophrenic.
So I looked on gamestop and it say that the ouya is currently unavailable online. Has it always been like that? Also the gamestick is coming out on the 29th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

Rapdawg posted:

After deciding that the Ouya had little to offer me after getting it because my friend forgot to mention he pulled his pledge, I've paid very little attention to it other than occasionally finding it and remembering that it is a thing.

Never played a game on it though, the fact it was so hell bent on being "Free" or "Buzzword" and then requiring my credit card info struck me the wrong way and I do not trust the Ouya people to keep that stuff secure after a company as big as Sony fumbled.

This leaves me with a question- what do I do with my Ouya? Right now it is just a neat paperweight.

You can give it to me.

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

I can't wait to see how xbp reviews this game after not playing it.

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

So, other gaming platforms were having trouble with their online infastructure today. I'm guessing the ouya's online worked the same as always?

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

Here is a good one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OUYA-XBMC-OVER-200-ADDONS-FREE-LIVE-TV-MOVIES-AMAZON-CUSTOM-/271361062810?pt=Video_Games&hash=item3f2e61379a

"Over 3000 games included LEGALLY for Atari 2600, NES, SNES, N64 and SEGA, MAME, NEOGEO and PSONE (either the game has no copyright anymore or we have paid for the games to provide them here)."

1 Click movies
single link movies
Anime Ultra
Cartoon World
Fun Movie
Mashup
1Channel
America's Test Kitchen
Awesome DL (Lots of Tv shows and some movies here)
Canada On Demand
CBS News.com
Classic Cinema
Crackle
Disney JR
DIY Network
EasyNews (great for tv and movies)
ESPN Video
FastpassTV
Film ON Watch FilmOn Live TV from over 200 LIVE TV Channels for free, over 500 VOD Channels! We host over 45, 000 video on demand Web TV titles that have been cleared for worldwide distribution. Live Sports News Movies and great free streaming TV Entertainment including TMZ Live, The Best of UFC, The Soup and many more. These are all from providers like CNN, Disney, ESPN Fuel, CBS, Discovery, Fox and NBC, BBC, RAI, FRANCE and many more!
Free Cable - VOD for A&E, ABC, ABC Family, BRAVO, CBS, History Channel, Lifetime, MTV, NBC, Oxygen, Spike, SyFy, TV Land, USA, & VH1
FOOD Network
FOX News
FOX Sports
HGTV
Hulu (commercial free)
IceFilms - Great for HD content
KidsPlace (lots of kids content from the Hub, WB, Kidmango, Nick Jr, Storylineonline and ZUi)
KidsWB
MTV Music Videos
MTV Shows
NBA Video
NAvix
It provides you with a portal that grants you access to an endless array of live and video on demand content, as well as international channels and more. Thousands and thousands of Movies Most in HD, Watch movies currently playing at your local cinema, tons of TV shows and channels including live TV including HD channels from US and international, full-length adult videos and sporting events like UFC, wrestling, boxing fights, NFL games, soccer, cricket, etc...from all over the world updated daily with new content. TONS OF FAMILY AND KIDS CONTENT, WATCH MOVIES AND TV SHOWS NEVER RELEASED ON DVD
Nickelodeon
NFL.com -
PBS
Project Free TV
Simply Movies. A great 1 click access to tons of movies and tv shows all hosted on super fast servers.
Sportsdevil - this has links to all kinds of sports
Sports A holic another great sports offers the ability to watch both live and pre-recorded sports and events
The GiddyUp Network (Live 24 7 streaming channels of your favorite Tv shows Commercial free like Friends, Boy Meets World, South Park, Home Improvement, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Classic westerns, Classic tv channels and much more. Plus now over 50 cable channels LIVE and tons of channels 24/7 showing tons of shows from the golden age of TV, JOhn wayne channel, Roy Rogers Channel)
TV Release Another great add on for tv in HD
Tubeplus Great for access to lots of retro shows from 60s-80s. plus all new shows as well.
YT Episodes Filters all youtube tv shows into an easy to use interface and puts all episodes of 1 show together
Veetle
UltraVID
Vid Lister
Watch Wrestling
WWE online
VEVO
What the Furk
Sky Access
The Collective
Test Tube (new from Discovery Channel)
Sesame Street
Kids World
Kids WB
IWO ( I Watch ONline tons of movies)
Funnier Moments (tons of Hannah Barbara cartoons and more)
Full Movies
Xvid Movies
VideoPhile
Watchin It
Ultra Vid
Watch Cartoons Online
iStream
80s Music videos
Entertainment hub
Fimkz

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

So why isn't anybody making games for the console of emulation and free(to try) games?

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

So have Victory Square Games actually made any games? Their website doesn't give any details for getting their games. Doing web search I've only been able to find Boximals for the windows app store.

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

Looks like Ouya has signed a deal to get their web store on the Fire TV. This is pretty big. Could lead to lots of sales and making the Ouya a big name again.

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

It looks like 13 games have been freed by the free the games fund. I couldn't find direct links to their kickstarters, but it looks like they come well short of the 1 million ouya put aside to free the games.

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

What Fun posted:

OuroborosPants, either come clean about the whole story with your failed website and console or stop making quips about it.

I've never been to the website but I can say it is really good, 10/10, would recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

Aren't all games free with the developer having to add in IAP? How does the subscription work with that?

• Locked thread