Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?
My brother and I had a day off and decided we wanted to learn to play the ponies. We drove out to the Aqueduct and shat ourselves. We watched the horses run for about an hour then left because we had no clue on what to do or say. Thanks for this thread, it's renewed my interest in horse racing again.

I have some generic questions. I live in NYC and a few minutes drive from either Yonkers, Belmont or the Aqueduct. Should I look to open an account with NYRA or go to the tracks as opposed to online? Are there any real advantages to rule one or the other out? Although on a warm day it's nice to be outside and watch them run. I know this sounds really stupid and probably naive but is race-fixing something to beware of? Are there any owners/stables to avoid because the race may be rigged? Sorry for the dumb questions, but I heard (still hear) stories about this.

Oh and one last thing, is there any etiquette that needs to be observed while at the track?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU