Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
Cross-posting from the GURPS thread:

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

So... I think I've found a glitch in the rules. I haven't seen it pointed out elsewhere.

It relates to a use of "Costs Fatigue" described on Powers p. 101. You can make "chargeable" abilities which essentially function at a proportionate cost to the FP spent.

Corrosion Attack 1d (Costs Fatigue 1, -5%; Variable, +5%) [10]

Okay, so that's fine. But let's say we want to make it chargeable...

Corrosion Attack 5d (Costs Fatigue 3 [Max 5, 1/die], -15%; Variable, +5%) [45]

Also fine. But's let's crank it up!

Corrosion Attack 14d (Costs Fatigue 7 [Max 14, 1/die], -35%; Variable, +5%) [98]
Corrosion Attack 15d (Costs Fatigue 8 [Max 15, 1/die], -40%; Variable, +5%) [98]

You can now see where this is going. It gets worse.

Corrosion Attack 16d (Costs Fatigue 8 [Max 16, 1/die], -40%; Variable, +5%) [104]
Corrosion Attack 17d (Costs Fatigue 9 [Max 17, 1/die], -45%; Variable, +5%) [102]
Corrosion Attack 33d (Costs Fatigue 17 [Max 33, 1/die], -85%; Variable, +5%) [66]

which is cheaper than:

Corrosion Attack 8d (Costs Fatigue 4 [Max 8, 1/die], -20%; Variable, +5%) [68]

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
Immovable rods are actually fragments of the Spire, in the center of the Outlands, and thus the entire multiverse; their apparent immovability is a result of the widespread consensus that they are always at the center of the universe, regardless of their position. The button converts it from Spire-material to whatever else it is made of, thus de-centering it and generating a moderate transmutation aura.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

neonchameleon posted:

The GURPS 3E vehicle rules probably contain Murphys of their own. But given the formulae for vehicles involve the weight of the chassis being proportional to the square of the cube route of the volume, and you picked the engine based on power not speed, I'm not aware many people got far enough through to work out what the Murphys were. I assume getting rid of power cell size also ditched that nonsense.

GURPS Spaceships has sort of wriggled its way into being the de facto vehicle design system for 4E. It is not nearly as complicated.