Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I got gifted Oath in Felghana by a goon, and I played it up until the volcano. Had a lot of fun with the wizard boss fight, and not so much with the hydra thing. But I quit in the volcano because I had no idea what to do. I quickly forgot about the game.

Months later I'm like "Huh maybe I should finish it". What followed were some of the more ballbusting, fistpumping, button mashy insane hours of fun I've had in years with a game. The boss fights are loving awesome, those harpies kept me on my toes at all times, the Valestein castle knight thing, all along with kickass tunes. Learning to use the invincibility frames with the yellow bracelet, and exploting boss patterns with it was so cool. It was so drat amazing and I can't wait for a sale on Origins so I can get that one too.

What I'm trying to say is Oath sold me on Ys.

Note: Chester is a hilarious name for that character.

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Feb 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Latte Lottie posted:

edit: When Felghana was released on steam I thought doing a speed run of it on normal would be a fun idea after seeing the steam leaderboards. It was not, it was full of save abusing and running past everything. Dialogue and Valestein Castle probably took up most of the time. I can't remember the exact time but it was 2 or 3 hours. Go me. :smithicide:
Having watched some Awesome Games Done Quick, I was wondering if Oath could have any interesting tricks to skip stuff?
I know you can, with a few well timed sword slashes, get over a jump that requires the Whirlwind in the volcano area.

Latte Lottie posted:

Oh yeah, these people have a lot of fun playing Ys music. Because why shouldn't they? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iUGrtpGoLY
Haha, the link was already colored. As I finished that level I had to see if anyone had covered its song. Turns out falcom's ensemble play often!

• Locked thread