Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I really liked that trailer and signed up for the beta. I love MMOs but was kind of disappointed with the last couple of them ...

What is the purpose of the war plots? I imagine it only has something to do with PVP but it looks cool. Every thing looks pretty cool. I wonder how the "scientist" "explorer" etc. will be anywhere near as good as a soldier type of class. I really don't know how they could pull off minimal combat in an MMO and not sure if that is the case but it would be neat to see someone get max level and items without killing anything (hah).

Looks good. Can't wait for the beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Tupper posted:

Doesn't look like anyone's posted this yet. 45 minutes of video a good chunk of which is dedicated to player housing (including the DevSpeak posted above). Looks absolutely awesome.

Warning, intro is loving loud and annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtl_tBRPWDU

Thanks, ever since I watched that 4 1/2 minute video they released I can't stop thinking of this game. The last few MMO were kind of a disappointment so hoping this one is the ticket.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I signed up for this with multiple e-mails but can't remember which. I decided to sign up again for the beta and it let me instead of saying I already did. Rats. I have no clue which of my ~15 emails I used and I can't remember how to log into half.

Really want to play this game!

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I signed up for the beta on about 10 different e-mail addresses including work ones and still haven't seen anything but "Wildstar dev speaks" e-mails. Are they still sending closed beta invites? Any where else to sign up besides on their page like some sort of promo available on another website? I would love to play this and contribute to feedback to making it a better game.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

All of these new MMOs and reading about WildStar just makes me realize that I want EverQuest in the year 2013. Risk vs Reward and difficult leveling that requires skill and cooperation. I'd rather pay a subscription than have a cash shop any day. I just know I will be following a arrow until the end of my days. I miss grinding mobs with groups and being rewarded almost non obtainable gear outside of raiding with a 72 man party just because the players I was with were good at the game.

WildStar seems like the next best thing but all it reminds me is that there is never going to be another MMO as good as EverQuest.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Waterbed posted:

Nostalgia is a dangerous drug man.

I played EverQuest about a year ago for several months and had a god drat blast. The real joy of the original EverQuest was playing it throughout the expansions as the world began to grow and completely change with the new technology. It peaked during Planes of Power but Gates of Discord, Omens of War were really amazing expansions. Some of my favorite gaming moments of all time are 72 man raids in EverQuest. The sense of progression and power you got from leveling was bar none the best I've ever experienced. I have played hundreds of MMOs and paid for dozens of subscription based games over the years and nothing compares to the feel I had exploring Norrath.

I could seriously write a book on how much I truly loved EverQuest. It isn't nostalgia because I could still tell you almost every zone and how it connects from the first couple expansions. It was just an amazing experience. Grouping hasn't been that good since either. They just can't seem to get group dynamics right. WoW was "ok" for a while but then it become an AE fest. After writing this I am kinda wanting to play EQ again ... but I'm already playing Rift, Neverwinter, and Vanguard while waiting for WildStar/EQNext

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

This was my first impression of that game :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwTEol6wIss

I watched it and went huh that was loving dumb realized it was more than likely some type of joke and watched the other videos. How did they get to a 2 million goal if they haven't really shown anything for this game that makes it look like it is going to be the end all be all of PVP MMOS? Maybe I am missing something. I haven't seen any good gameplay videos or screenshots to indicate this is anything special.

Edit: Also mobs don't drop loot is what I got from one of the foundation principles. I guess if you like PVP this is going to be a great game.

Meowbot fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 2, 2013

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I don't understand this and the person who wrote it probably doesn't either.

Bags (Slots 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12) awarded at Rank 3, 7, 12, 17, 22, 30

So, you get bag slots 1-3, 6, 9, and 11 without doing these missions? Or is it saying you get a bag with 4 slots and eventually 12? Sounds kinda terrible for a reward unless I am missing something.

I hope to god I can just get bags without having to do missions or pay real money. I really loving hate how that is always one of the biggest cash grabs is buy god drat bags with real money. Neverwinter is the worst offender of this. 10 dollars for a loving bag.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Rasmussen posted:

God drat this game needs to come out already. I need my MMO fix.

I've been checking 4-5 e-mail accounts daily waiting for my chance to beta test! I can't wait but the wait is killing me. I wanna contribute to the game's success and beta test it :(

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Did you watch the video gently caress nugget?

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Have there been any invite waves recently? I signed up with like 10 different e-mail addresses like a year ago and have never got anything. I am starting to wonder if this is all just media/friends and they don't care about us until open beta.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I got all hyped because I thought I could get to play this tomorrow but it is during hours that I am at work later in the week. Maybe it is time for a sick day ...

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

During the entirety of the stress test it said my account was locked after I failed a password entry several times. Never even got into the game after hammering the login servers and no reliable method to unlock an account (password reset wasn't working for me, and neither was waiting) - seems like the timer was broken. I really wish I got an opportunity to play it because now I feel my account is wasted and I won't get to play the next time around since people were saying you have to log in today to get access.

Meowbot fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 26, 2013

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Right before Cataclysm came out I wanted to play WoW again so I started a Warrior. Around level 50 my Intellimouse explorer went out on me and I had very few options because I couldn't find another Intellimouse (1) like I had used for almost a decade. I went to Best Buy and saw the Naga thinking every one talked about Razer like they were hot shot.

I have never been more pleased with a computer peripheral. The Razer Naga is an amazing mouse and besides the terrible cloud software they use to update it I have only had a few problems. The bonus for these mice is they have a 3 year hardware warranty. I replaced FOUR of them in the past 3 years. I literally woke up one day and it wasn't working. I had no box. I had no receipt. I went to best buy with the mouse and they replaced it - they even upgraded it to the EPIC wireless version because they didn't have the other ones.

I've played virtually every MMO and even in non MMO games the mouse shines. I used to bind Q E R F V C X Z ALT-Q ALT-E ALT-R ALT-F ALT-V ALT-C ALT-X ALT-Z amongst dozens of other keybinds and just being able to move from cleave, taunt, sunder armor on one row of keys that are so easily pressable made me a better tank in Cataclysm. Every MMO that has came out since I have utilized the extra buttons and like I said even some other games like the Witcher and such I use those buttons as well. It isn't uncommon to bind all 12 of the buttons (but I usually end up needing only like 8 or 9 of them). The difference in responsiveness is night and day. Like I said I've played a lot of games and tried a lot of different setups and this just like my Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard 10A (I've had it for 12 years) is one that I don't see I will ever replace. I have a closet full of these keyboards because they are so awesome, and just like the Naga there is no better replacement.

The Razer Naga is literally the best mouse there has ever been. You can experience hardware issues that make it seem like it is a piece of poo poo and will die on you but the 3 year manufacturer warranty makes up for it. Replace it every 2 years and literally never pay for another mouse.

Meowbot fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 29, 2013

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Double post sorry.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Has there been any mention of a next wave for stress test or closed/open beta testing?

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

THE PWNER posted:

My friend tells me that Wildstar combat operates off the patented Neverwinter Fake Aim System™ where you basically lock on to targets via mouse over rather than just click on them so that people feel like they're "aiming" when they actually aren't at all. Please tell me this is not the case??

I think the system seems to work pretty well but unless they lower mob HP the game is going to be the worst slog you've ever imagined.

Imagine at level 9 you are swinging at an enemy for 2 minutes, and probably dying if you get an add because they take so long to kill.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

This game needs to just come out. I don't have any good MMOs to play right now and it really is boring not having an MMO! I just can't sub to FF14 because it is such a miserable grind and there is nothing else until this and EverQuest Next. I wish I wasn't so god drat addicted to MMOs they are truly the best time killer ever.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

It is kind of odd that the stress testers didn't get beta keys before the second round. Luckily my friend got one and it comes with 2 extra beta keys for friends. I hope this means that a lot of people who are wanting to play get the opportunity to because this might be the best MMO for a while (until EQ Next at least)!

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

The dev post on that link implies that friends invites will be coming, not that they're available already, so no begging yet.

The invite comes with 2 additional keys so I guess now is when the begging begins.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

My biggest complaint and I don't think this breaks NDA is the sound that the slasher's claws makes. It is literally nails on a chalkboard and makes me NOT want to play. This may be first world problems but that sound is really terrible. I'm sure we've seen it in all the videos and live streams but good god I can't play my Stalker anymore because of that sound alone. I am going to start over as something else where I don't have to deal with that horrific sound.

Carbine employees reading this I'm not the only one complaining - if you ask about it in game there is a lot of people who cringe when they hear it. I guess I'm a big baby but it just sounds like rusty knives on a hard surface. :(

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

grrarg posted:

To be fair, this could be said for every aspect of the game because the hype machine is in full effect, and people's imaginations are running wild that the game will be all sunshine and lollipops and blowjobs, the most perfect game ever. And it is, until you play it.

Hate to say it but I played the beta for a few days and now I just log on to see if they have fixed the optimization/removed the terrible slasher sound effect on the claws attacks and they haven't so I just log out and don't play. I feel bad because I have been playing MMOs for over 14 years now and they are my favorite type of game but something about WildStar just feels ... off.

It is almost criminal how bad this game runs on most computers additionally. I've tried it on 5 different ones and it doesn't make a lick of difference what you got in the machine. Yeah, beta and all, but make the beta playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

My Gimmick Name posted:

The funny bit is the WoW expansion is The Burning Crusade: Prequel Edition. So this winter in terms of new (western) MMO to play you can pick from two flavors of TBC or Skyrim: the MMO. The most innovative industry.

From every thing I've watched and read I'd caution you to temper those expectations way, way down. The leveling looks to still be loading up quests at a quest hub and heading out into the wilds to click and punch the requisite checklists of things down. End game looks to be chasing +1s on gear from random drops. Which is great for those looking for a new iteration of the classic MMO design.

Edit: I could be completely wrong, as I don't have beta access. I kinda hope to be and they have some real neat innovations for end game hidden up their sleeve that they've been completely mum about.

I've been in the Wildstar closed beta for a few months now and I only log in to see if the frame rate has improved. The questing and leveling is very boring to be honest. I don't know what I was expecting but I'm back to playing WoW because WIldstar made me realize how good WoW really is.

• Locked thread