Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
In for $50 - hopefully this game turns out good. I literally have not followed anything about it like I have with Project Eternity, but this recent revitalization of old school RPGs and the art style they're pushing really makes me hopeful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
A game like Project Eternity or whatever that is more NWN-esque fits a stronghold much better, I think. Planescape Torment to me felt like a journey, and I never felt like "hey I need a place to stash all my loots"

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
That picture looks awesome, plain and simple.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Wish you could have both RTwP and Turn based. Oh well.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
If I can't play the new Torment game with a plastic guitar controller, I am going to ask for my backer pledge back.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
GOTY

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Man, I'm hyped for this game.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Oasx posted:

The idea presented in the rpg rulebook is that it takes place a billion years into the future, and there have been at least 8 big civilizations before the current time. Some were big on a galactic level, some ventured into other dimensions, and at least one of them weren't human. The world looks so chaotic because people with incredible power and technology has changed it as they saw fit, and the people around now are at a medieval level of technology and can't make any sense of it.

Goddamn, that is sweet. Is there any sort of time traveling in the lore at all? Because that would be my ideal setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cephalocidal posted:

Yes. Every form of super-science you can think of and several you can't, it's all canon. At least one previous civ was level 2/3, as the sun in the sky is more or less the same size and luminosity as it is today, and this is acknowledged to be something that shouldn't actually be the case due to its age. There are floating ruins more ancient (to the inhabitants of the world) than Triassic fossils would be to us today. The planet is studded with intentional or accidental time capsules from a billion years worth of weird poo poo and wrapped in semi-sentient magical wireless internet so robust and long-lived that even the last couple of great civilizations to make use of it probably didn't actually understand how it worked. Human civilization as it currently exists has a written history of only a thousand years or so and is mostly pre-industrial. The fact that there are humans at all is a bit of a puzzler, since the gap between modern humans and ninth world humans is about on par with the gap between the development of multicellular life in the ancient seas and today. I think it's commented on briefly in some of the source material - when the human tribes encountered the intelligent cephalopods living in the western ocean their only response (before retreating further into the depths) was a brief and very annoyed wide-band telepathic message: "Oh. You're back. Again."

Yeah, that is awesome. Officially getting really hyped.

mitochondritom posted:

Where can I read more about this setting? Do you have to buy the campaign book?

Also this.

• Locked thread